Author Topic: Redfield 10X Scope Problem & Sako Mounts  (Read 580 times)

Offline bobbyjim

• Trade Count: (0)
Redfield 10X Scope Problem & Sako Mounts
« on: August 31, 2007, 04:42:35 AM »
I have 2 different questions. First around '77 I bought a brand new Sako L461 Heavy Barrel Varmint Rifle in .223. It was set up by a gunsmith who mounted a 10X Redfield scope (serial # A16232) which has the parallax built into the center of the scope by the adjustment knobs. I have not used the rifle in 25 years, just stored in a cabinet and looks like new. The problem is the scope is now foggy when you look threw it.

I want to sell the rifle and wonder is it worth fixing the scope or just selling like it is and let someone else fix it. Or just replace the scope with a good used one. It also has a Harris bi pod on it and Sako scope mounts. After seeing what these items are going for on ebay I think I might get more if I sell everything separate.

My next question is on the mounts. Since I had the gunsmith install the mounts I don't remember much after 30 years. The rear mount appears to be adjustable. It has large screw on each side and appears that the hole may be elongated. Like I said it worked when I got it and I never touched it and can't remember if that was the kind of mount. I haven't seen anything like these when checking out mounts. But maybe I am not looking in the right place.

So should I sell as is, break it up or replace the scope and sell complete.

Offline PA-Joe

• A Real Regular
Re: Redfield 10X Scope Problem & Sako Mounts
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 06:33:04 AM »
I thought that Redfield had a lifetime warrantee?

I would sell the gun with the rings. No scope.

Offline bobbyjim

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 08:34:29 AM »
I will have to check into the warranty.

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 11:54:07 AM »
For $68 you can't buy a scope today thats the quality of an older Redfield! Get it fixed and sell it on E bay for well over a $100.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline bobbyjim

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 03:33:35 AM »
I think I will sell the scope just as is.