Author Topic: Lets Talk About Springfield XDs  (Read 1057 times)

Offline richardoldfield

• Trade Count: (0)
Lets Talk About Springfield XDs
« on: September 03, 2007, 04:59:47 AM »
I want to make it clear that I do not own a XD. Why? I hold a grudge towards Springfield Armory. How, so? I remember when the Croat pistols sold for $249 and I was busy buying other handguns. I am now very sorry that there is this gap in my collection.

I have fired a whole bunch of XDs and they have all shot well for me. These include the 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45Gap. I liked each and every one of the XDs I shot. I like the grip and I also like the trigger on these Springers.

Let me know your opinion of the Croat. Thanks and

Regards,

Richard ;D

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
Re: Lets Talk About Springfield XDs
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 06:00:27 AM »
I have a 4" in 45ACP.  I really like mine and if I do my part it shoots very well.  I don't like seeing where it was made on the gun, but it is what it is.

Offline Savage

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 03:10:46 PM »
Came close to buying one when they became available, around 2000 I believe. For under $250 I thought about it. For the current price of twice that, no way! Must be nice, just add your roll mark and double the price. Doubt that I'll own one now, my Glocks still fill that niche quite well, thank you.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 12:42:12 PM »
I had a standard XD 40, sold it because it rusted easy, kept my Glock 22, which I'm not too crazy about.Just got an XD 9mm Tactical, love the gun, very accurate and reliable so far. My friend, kansas45 has the XD 45 Tactical, a very soft shooting and accurate 45. I highly recommend them.

Offline His lordship.

• Trade Count: (12)
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 05:16:28 AM »
I bought my XD-9 compact back around 2003, paid $400.00 for it new.  Visited the gunshop a few weeks later and it went up to $440.00, now they are getting close to $500.00!  While I like the gun, it is inferior to my two CZ-75's, of course all other guns are.  I was planning to use my XD-9 for cold weather use in my car trunk last Winter, but it jambed in the cold when testing it, although I do grease the heck out of my pistols.  My CZ-75 in .40 S/W loves cold weather, so that is my current car trunk gun.   

It seems well made, but I don't think that with that polymer frame and fixed sight, that it is worth the present price tag.  That definately stopped me from getting more of their guns.  Glocks are really overpriced, I don't have one of those either.  Forbes magazine did an article a few years ago (2004?), that said it cost Gaston Glock $76.00 dollars to make a Glock pistol, then he sold it to the public for around $500.00, now that is greed!   

Offline John R.

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 03:49:13 AM »
I have a XD 45 Tac, as well as my youngest brother, my other brother and father both have the 4" model. Several friends also own Xd 45's. They are well worth the money. Mine has never malfunctioned (over 4000 rounds) and is very accurate for a combat pistol. Oh Yeah, it holds 14 rounds of 45 ACP fully loaded. You can't ask mush more than that!! :)

Offline TNrifleman

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 04:13:38 AM »
I bought a XD-40 about 5 years ago. I quickly came to really like the pistol. I still carry it on a daily basis. The design features, reliability, and accuracy are all first rate in my book.

Offline HogSniper2

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 01:50:59 PM »
I just started competition shooting.  Many use Glock models, but I'm not a big fan.  The other brands I've seen are Springfield XD's.  I found a NIB XD9 Tactical for $450.00 so I bought it not knowing much about the gun (which is uncommon for me).  Plus, I must admit, I prefer made in America firearms.  Anyway, I had it tricked out for competition and it has been a top notch shooter, I'm happy with how she performs.l

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 03:25:55 PM »
I just got another one ,XD40 Tactical, so much better to shoot than my  Glock 22 40...............

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 11:53:33 PM »
the couple i shot a bit were both 45s standard sized and both were very ammo sensitive. Both were chambered short but then spingfield has a problem with that in there 1911s too. Niether were a 100 percent reliable even with factory ammo and well they gave combat level accuracy were hardly tack drivers. I think if i had 500 bucks to spend id find a good used sig or glock if i wanted a black gun. I HATE GLOCKS but have to admitt they at least go bang every time you pull the trigger and wear in not wear out.
blue lives matter

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 03:23:03 AM »
My 2 XD's and kansas45 XD 45 have been perfect so far, have a better grip angle than  my Glock and a much better trigger.................

Offline John R.

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 05:07:30 AM »
My buddy is a 5 gun Grandmaster IPSC shooter. He said he has 30,000 rounds through his XD45 with no malfunctions. (This is the gun he carries on the SWAT team) I have over 4,000 through mine with no malfunctions. I have been very impressed with this gun as have most of the people I have talked to. It is an extremely reliable pistol.