Author Topic: Got 'em...  (Read 1927 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Got 'em...
« on: September 05, 2007, 01:45:57 AM »
   Fox news, this morning;

German law enforcement broke up a terrorist group, apparently only hours away from their intended attack on Ramstein airbase..
  No mention was made if the plan was for bombing only..or if it would be accompanied by an assault force..

If terrorists were to assault housing areas or PX and shopping areas (coward's targets)...they could kill many before being stopped...a black eye to our military.

I used to get up by Ramstein often when I was in the Army in Germany.

Nice place , but vulnerable...at least it was back then..

Contrary to what civilians often think, military bases are not "armed camps"..probably at least 98% of the weapons are locked safely away and out of reach at any given time .

Looks like for the duration of the war on terror, a sizeable detatchment of combat ready troops with small arms should be kept
  on hand and ready at all times .
  The Army and Marines can handle their own...and the AF has Marine and Army experienced combat troops passing through regularly. at least enough to povide a good defensive force.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Got 'em...
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 07:01:34 PM »
From what the news said the Germans have been watching these terrorist for a while glad to see they were on the job.

Ironglow I find it interesting that over 50 members read this and had no comment. If it would have been a Bush bashing post they would have been all over it like flys to a picnic.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline no guns here

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 04:17:55 AM »
I KNOW that the German intel and US mil intel were watching these guys closely for the past several months.  Hoping they would lead to bigger fish.  Finally had to nab them to prevent acts against us.

Most of the installations here in Germany at least have fence around them now.  Some don't, yet.  Some have public roads running through them and the German's won't let us close the road except in war time (think 60's-70's-80's).  We have private guards at the gates, and german troops at some bases, mp's just run normal mp duty.  Few roving guards.  Even at the highest hq's level there is little actual physical security.  Just a fence with concertina on top.  Weapons are still in tightly controlled arms rooms.  Ammo is in a safe.  As a hunter I can keep firearms in my quarters.  I could get to my quarters and "arm up" with my hunting rifle before we could even start to issue weapons from the arms room.

We could (and have) armed up a reaction force when the intel indicates that we should.  Kevlar, body armor, M-16's, M-9 and a full combat load.  But on my base we don't have enough NCO's and lower to do this very long and still do our mission.  We could do it forever, but not get anything else done.  Most of the base are O-4 and above and they aren't ABOUT to do that unless the gooks are in the wire.

ngh
"I feared for my life!"

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 05:51:09 AM »
TM7 that while we support Israel why tie that in as We got attacked in 911 so now it is our war as much as it is Israel's For your information I do not listen to Rush steady hell my radio is never on and I do not have cable so therefore I do not get FOX news so that shoots your stereotype all to shreds there does'nt it.  ;D  I am not a war monger but I do not feel we should cut and run either and Bush did not put us into this war we were attacked and Saddam needed to be taken out it was only a matter of time before he would try to do to us what he did to the KURDS. Bush gives you guys an easy target to attack just because he had the balls to do something about this mess. Klinton should have attacked when our warship the Cole was attacked or some of our Embassies were attacked. Bush Sr. Should have finished Iraq the first time around. No nuts Carter should have taken care of Iran back then so there is lots of blame to go around with Bush's Predicessors not doing the job. Bush does something and it is unpopular to some of the American Public.
That is understandable since half the the country are liberals who would not support Bush's policies even if we were not in this war.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 06:28:08 AM »
Sooooo...

The "Neocons" got us into this war on terror...somehow they got those Muslim fanatics to do the suicide bombing of the WTC on 9/11 !

I'm sure if one can scheme and fantasize long enough..they will find that some kind of "conspiracy" transpired between the Neocons and the jihadists on 9/11....LOL
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 10:13:16 AM »
and what makes you think we will find you credable? We disagee on darn near every thing you post now.  ;D ;D ;D All you have to do is look at History and what the Muzzies are doing in Europe to see the writing on the wall what they would like to have planned for us. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 05:40:55 PM »
My only hate of the muslums is what they did to this country and what they are doing to the world. What is with your bringing the Jews into every thing they must really frost your cake?  :o

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 10:43:00 AM »
WOT , every one keeps going to a couple events , take the time to see how many attacks have been against us over the last few years !
I have read quite a few post on this site and consider most here to be sensible but one trend has appeared . Most want the govt. to help with their pet project - health care , energy , social security , wages , etc. etc. but all other things should be left to free trade , or other powers that be !
I think we have learned to vote ourselves more freebies than we can afford ! I hope we have not allowed it to go to far !
we can not place our heads in the sand and expect the WOT to go away , or people to come up short in life be it money or health ! i keep hearing we are entitled to health care , why ? or social security , its a help not the whole deal !
WE talk about Bush , he got the entire country motivated , he told us it would be a long haul , a rough fight ! it came true and we started looking for excuses to quit ! did anyone expect him or the military to not make a mistake ? hey its war !
and as far as a conspiracy , if they are that good we wouldn't have a chance catching them !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 12:05:34 PM »
  Yikes !

When I posted this string...I thought it was such good news that everyone would have been delighted !

Instead I get a whole load of carping...

I guess some would have thought things would have been better, had the terrorists not been stopped...

..At least that's the direction the argument seems to be taking...

Offline powderman

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 01:21:51 PM »
tm7. WOW, I didn't know the twin towers were condemned buildings. Maybe some fat cat businessman paid the Godless ones to destroy those buildings, along with 3,000 innocent Americans. I guess you just never watched the news back then, seemed plain to me what happened. A bunch of Godless, subhuman sobs murdered 3,000 Americans screaming allah akhbar as they sent themselves to hell. No conspiracy, just evil by satans disciples. You spend too much time at the dnc.  POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 01:29:40 PM »
Can someone tell me why bush let his family leave the country after 911? He killed 3,000 people something don't sit right with me.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 01:58:33 PM »
Ok TM7 1. Medicare Perscription Plan. Do not tell me it is not working for Seniors and the Disabled. It works I know I am on it and I pay 15 dollars a month Co-Pay for 7 medicines that would cost me more then what income I get a month which would be hundreds of dollars.
2. Taxes. Bush's Tax cut plan is working and unlike the democrats who would tax us out of existance.
3. Global Warming. Upon arriving in office in 2001, Bush withdrew United States support of the Kyoto Protocol, an amendment to the United Nations Convention on Climate Change seeking to impose mandatory targets for reducing greenhouse gas emissions. He did so after the Senate had voted 95–0 on a resolution expressing its disapproval in 1997. Bush asserted he would not support it because the treaty exempted 80% of the world's population,[74] would have cost the economy tens of billions of dollars per year,[75] and uncertainties about the science of climate change. On this I agree because there is not enough proof of global warming one way or the other. Don't even bother bringing up Gore he is a moron!

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 04:44:13 PM »
My only hate of the muslums is what they did to this country and what they are doing to the world. What is with your bringing the Jews into every thing they must really frost your cake?  :o
First off I'm married to a jewish women,,,not a Talmudic Zionist however. First, I'm bringing Israel into this discussion because that is a key component of American foreign policy, namely eliminating all of ZionistIsrael's enemies because they can't and won't get along with anybody. Secondly, I believe in defending several million Christains in Palestine that are receiving the same fate as the Palestinians and which you support their demise. Thirdly, AIPAC is the largest lobby org in Washington.

Day-um!

They let people tell the truth on this forum?

Well then,... look at this article from the Israeli media.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=280279&contrassID=2&subContrassID=14&sbSubContrassID=0&listSrc=Y

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 05:00:22 PM »
Look at this one too while ya at it.

http://info.jpost.com/C003/Supplements/MOTY/art.01.html

An excerpt:

NO question: This was Paul Wolfowitz's year. On September 15, 2001, at a meeting in Camp David, he advised President George W. Bush to skip Kabul and train American guns on Baghdad.

When President Bush says, "America will not permit the world's most dangerous regimes to threaten us with the world's most destructive weapons" - that's Wolfowitz talking. When the president calls for "a new Arab charter that champions internal reform, greater political participation, economic openness and free trade" - that's Wolfowitz's talking, too.

So,... according to the Jerusalem Post,... Bush was nothing more than Wolfowitz's puppet in the lead up to the war in Iraq.,... and Wolfowitz was responsible for deflecting the war away from America's enemies in Afghanistan and having it concentrated on Iraq,...

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 05:05:03 PM »
And then here's NewsMax saying that Airel Sharon is giving marching orders to D.C. about the whole shebang,.. way back in 2002.

So just who *is* running America's foreign policy,... eh?

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/11/7/154220.shtml

Sharon: Iran Next on War List

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon says the U.S. war on terror shouldn't end with Iraq.

Iran is just as dangerous and a top priority for a regime change, Sharon said this week. He argued that although Iraq is an "insane" regime, Iran is a "center of world terror."

In an exclusive interview with the New York Post, Sharon said that as soon as Iraq is dealt with, he "will push for Iran to be at the top of the 'to do' list."

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 06:04:27 PM »
So the guys got an opinion just like you do or I do only he is a world leader. Does not mean we are going to follow his lead and if we do so what America has been friends and an ally of Isral ever since they formed the country.

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 06:22:35 PM »
Does not mean we are going to follow his lead

The neocons have been doing a pretty good job of it so far.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2007, 09:58:30 AM »
 OK lets skip the other two and go with this one since I am familular with it. How you gonna rip the medicare thing to shreds? I would much rather pay 15 bucks a month for my meds instead of hundreds which I cannot afford. Before you start ripping on the drug companies did you know that they had give away programs or sliding scale programs for their meds before this plan for the folks that were poor that could not afford their meds. Bush's plan just ties it all together and yea some seniors have to pay more also some seniors have a hell of a decent income too compared to the others so it goes by what your worth which is only fair.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 01:44:47 AM »
  TM7;

Contrary to what you think, I am not a huge supporter of Pres Bush ! There were other candidates I would rather have seen in the office.
  However, when it came to either Bush or the Democrat's alternatives..aka Gore and Kerry...then I am a bush supporter !

I do give Pres Bush credit for striking back at an enemy that had been continually striking at us and giggling over it ! His predecessor, the original Pres Clinton seemed to feel it was proper that we sit here shouting " hit me with your best shot " and just play "rope-a-dope" with a fanatical enemy..no need reiterating the number of time we were hit and never responded in kind.

Perhaps a timely, heavy response would have prevented the act of war that occurred on 9/11..

While I don't think Pres Bush is the "end all, be all", I do give him credit for responding to a very real threat, attempting to preserve Christian values, respecting the second amendment, treating our military as the heroes they are and keeping the carpet in the oval office relatively clean.

And 19 "agents" that volunteered to go to their own deaths for a "neocon" cause ? In my experience, any double agent that is ready to murder his own fellow citizens is so selfish, greedy and egotistical...he certainly would not die for any cause !

Yes, Bush has made mistakes; just as any president we have ever had, has done..just as any military leader we have ever had, has done..anyone with a small modicum of historical perspective knows the we have never had an absolutely perfect nationally elected leader.
     ....Nor has any other nation..!

I recall as a kid ( long before PC )that we had an Airedale that was just about the toughest dog around....

One day ..after a doggy "go around" where he sent a couple canine oponents fleeing for home,..a neighbor lad remarked, " your Airedale isn't so tough !"..

My brother said.." Do you have a dog that can beat him ?"..the lad said, " I don't even have a dog !"

My brother said.."Well, put up or shut up !"...

It is very easy to take pot-shots at those in the spotlight, and I am well assured that if you have someone in mind to fill the office as leader of this nation, he/she would have fully as many vulnerabilities .

If you have someone in mind to fill those top jobs...how about naming them, so the rest of us can dice and slice that candidate, just as you try to do with the current prez...

On the other hand, if you have no person in mind..why bother criticizing the one we have until you can offer someone as a better alternative ( a better dog for the fight) ?

Just seems to be a logical "gentleman's challenge"..as with the neighborhood dogs...LOL

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 04:00:37 AM »
I guess bush let his family go because they had committed no crime ! Ain't that what we stand for ?
a man was interviewed this AM , he was in the pentagon when it was hit by the jet , he was in an office that was damaged , his pants melted to his legs , he was asked what he remembered , he said the noise and smell of jet fuel , he was to only one to live out of his office !
GOT'EM not quite !

Offline magooch

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 04:38:33 AM »
Wow! President Bush isn't perfect.  Even so, I will for ever be grateful that 1. he cut taxes and turned the economy around; 2. he changed the liberal complexion of the Supreme Court; 3. he defeated Algore and Skerry; 4. his actions killed Saddam and his evil sons; 5. he brought some semblance of dignity back to the White House.

I'm sure if I thought about it for a couple of minutes there'd be more, but I know that the Bush bashers would just get incensed and I wouldn't want to be accused of raising their blood pressure.
Swingem

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 05:15:51 AM »
magooch , come on now you know better than to cloud the issues with facts !
good post !

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 05:36:05 AM »
 To some here, President Bush and the congress can only be credited if something bad happens. A terrorist plot being stopped is a good thing. I'm sure our government and leaders are not perfect, but I cannot see a better form of government or a better place to live in this world than the good old USA. This longing for a utopia has been around for a long time but as in the past it has always turned out to be a very evil thing. I'm sure some of you members here are just saying some of these things in jest.

99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2007, 05:48:50 AM »
Insert Quote
I guess bush let his family go because they had committed no crime ! Ain't that what we stand for ?
a man was interviewed this AM , he was in the pentagon when it was hit by the jet , he was in an office that was damaged , his pants melted to his legs , he was asked what he remembered , he said the noise and smell of jet fuel , he was to only one to live out of his office ! Weak answer

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2007, 06:40:56 AM »
whats weak about it ? both are supported !
what is weak is the conspiracy theory with no solid evidence to back it up !
as far as letting his family go , when did it become policy to hold hostages in the United States ?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2007, 07:12:55 AM »
  Better look that situation over guys;

That was a leftover bureaucrat from the Clinton administration that had the yea or nay on their leaving the country...
   just as it was a leftover Clinton operative that nixed the "offing" Mullah Omar by way of a predator early in the conflict in Afghanistan...

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2007, 07:29:01 AM »
so why would we keep them ? what crime had THEY committed ? so are you blaming the ex Clinton bureaucrat for doing the correct thing ? what should we have done ?
just maybe she could have shown the way to him ? hum ! i often wonder if they have not captured him because he keeps leading us to the others , if he was gone alot of cells would go out and destroy stuff but as it is we keep picking up intel from somewhere and taking them out one at a time ! but like the rest that's just Monday morning quarter backing plain and simple !

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2007, 07:50:13 AM »
Shootall;
     I'm not "blaming" the ex Clintonite for allowing the Ben Ladin relatives to go home..just setting the record straight when someone says it was Bush that let them go !

You're correct in that they had done no crime (as far as we know)..holding them would have been like holding Tim McVeigh's sister for what Tim did..

I still think thuogh, that they should have "greased" Mullah Omar when they had the chance..our military was ready ! Trying to run tactics from a desk across the world is not good...

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2007, 08:37:20 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
whats weak about it ? both are supported !
what is weak is the conspiracy theory with no solid evidence to back it up !
as far as letting his family go , when did it become policy to hold hostages in the United States ?
Know one said anything about conspiracy all I know is they were the only people to leave the usa . Far as I know the new never said why are they special?

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2007, 02:08:09 AM »
yep on M.O.
so the left women and kids , whats weak ?
guess some haven't figured it out yet , there are at least 2 classes of people we are fighting , the ones who try to kill us and the ones who hold families at gun point so the other class will bomb us ! his wife most likely would not be a bomber !may be a daughter he had on the side ( convenient ) but not a wife or legit kid !