Author Topic: Wayne LaPierre is beggin again.  (Read 2607 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Wayne LaPierre is beggin again.
« on: September 06, 2007, 07:34:31 AM »
Just got a letter from my ole buddy Wayne again. This time to save our guns he needs between $20.00 and $100.00 (there are boxes to check for the amount I want to give), or if I am feeling REALLY STUPID, there is a box with $ sign and a blank to fill in, where I can give more. After I have done all this, I mail it to Wayne LaPierre, Executive Vice President of the NRA. ::)
Oh yea, I can also use Mastercard, VISA, American Express, or Discover.

I think not. :P
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: Wayne LaPierre is beggin again.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 08:13:11 AM »
he has more nerve than the morons at the coffee shop that put out the tip jar after they charge you 2.50 for a cup of mudd.   

although i am sure he will get enough to finish the south wing of his mansion's summer remodeling.   there are plenty of sheeple out there.   lol.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 08:14:47 AM »
they should also have a box you could check that would say "refund me the money i have given over the years because the nra has sold out"

Offline Dee

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 10:16:02 AM »
Quit beating around the bush myroman3. Tell us how you REALLY feel.

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 10:23:33 AM »
So why the heck does this bother you guys? First of all don't think for one minute the anti gun liberal rich folks are not handing over a pile to the anti gun forces they are. If Wayne asks for money so what some will pay, some will bitch about it here and other forums and not pay,  and some will ignore it because they feel their dues are enough or cannot afford to pay more. (I am in the last catagory) I pay my dues and ignore the rest. If it bothers you I suggest you do the same YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY ANYMORE THAN YOUR DUES. Or if your a life member just ignore it. It does cost money to fight the anti gunners. IF you think your dues cover that than fine if you want to donate more fine. Look at it this way if the NRA had more active members the dues would cover the expenses. Their are plenty of gun owners out there and hunters that should be members that are not because they figure that we will never loose our gun rights in this country which is a dangerous ideal.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Dee

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 10:40:14 AM »
Gosh, I didn't know what to do, until you explained it all. I feel better already. I don't have to send money if I don't want to. Whew! That's a relief!
Oh yeah, and I ain't suppose to mention it either. I am confused about that part. Isn't this America, where one can talk about anything one wants?
Gosh, maybe I should ask someone about that too. :-\

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 12:14:38 PM »
Any junk mail I get that has postage paid envelopes in it I stuff other junk mail in (making sure nothing has my name or address) and send it back!
I am seeing fewer and fewer postage paid envelopes lately

Offline Dee

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 12:19:18 PM »
Any junk mail I get that has postage paid envelopes in it I stuff other junk mail in (making sure nothing has my name or address) and send it back!
I am seeing fewer and fewer postage paid envelopes lately

Been doing that for years, but I send Christian tracks, and a lot of them have the Christian view of Islam.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 05:25:43 PM »
Gosh, I didn't know what to do, until you explained it all. I feel better already. I don't have to send money if I don't want to. Whew! That's a relief!
Oh yeah, and I ain't suppose to mention it either. I am confused about that part. Isn't this America, where one can talk about anything one wants?

And where did I say you could not talk about it? I said some would bitch about it but never said they should not talk or bitch about it. Putting words in others mouths again?

Offline Gunsmoke

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 05:57:47 PM »
NRA isn't perfect, we know that, but it seems to me we need all the gunowners pulling together to fight the "anti's" in any manner we can. NRA has done a good job over all. JMHO
"Those that would trade liberty for security, deserve neither". Ben Franklin

Offline tuck2

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 09:02:16 PM »
My check will be in the mail. Vote for Hilley and give up your guns..

Offline Hairtrigger

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 12:31:06 AM »
You can defend it all you want but having 2 or 3 emergencies every week DOES prohibit some from being members.
Add in a few phone calls, especially the recorded ones at election time, it gets VERY anoying.

Offline NONYA

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 12:54:35 AM »
They should just ask the Liberals to fund their next "deal",they get the most out of the NRA when it comes to "deal" time.
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline Glanceblamm

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 02:34:58 AM »

And where did I say you could not talk about it? I said some would bitch about it but never said they should not talk or bitch about it. Putting words in others mouths again?

This is great fun (I am easily entertained). Some of these outfits must be opening their own mail by now because I am seeing some of the pre-paid return envelopes warning of fines for mis-use.
This really scares me. ::)

I think that the NRA will be able to hold up their end on our behalf until the Government declares martial law over something that they have trumped up. At this point, UN troops will be in our streets enforcing this law and
Their agenda may include disarming the American citizen. Your State Governor will be powerless to stop this because he, too was sold out as the UN will have power over all.
It could be that I am just delusional though. ???

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 03:53:03 AM »
again,  lapeirre is laughing all the way to the bank.   i bet his mansion puts ole saddam's to shame.   

send more money, sheeple,  the dog house needs a makeover, too.   

there is truely one born every minute.    baaa....baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 06:13:39 AM »
again,  lapeirre is laughing all the way to the bank.   i bet his mansion puts ole saddam's to shame.   

send more money, sheeple,  the dog house needs a makeover, too.   

there is truely one born every minute.    baaa....baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But if I don't send it in they're going to take my 870 and my 700!  I can't quite remember who it was that started telling me that but if I just keep sending money and repeating that phrase I should be ok right?  I wouldn't have to stop and think for myself would I?  I hate doing that.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 04:44:20 PM »
So you do not want anyone to fight for your gun rights? You guys talk about folks being sheeple well are you any better as an ostrich your heads are stuck in the sand and you let the world go by. NRA is the only group that has enough clout GOA does not and they are getting goofy with attacking the other gun groups notably the NRA for that reason I will not join them they should be working with the NRA not attacking them.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2007, 05:25:05 PM »
They don't need to work with the NRA cuz the NRA already has the anti's working with them.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2007, 05:55:39 PM »
Bill if I thought the anti's were working with them I would not belong. Just because they are not as tough as you like does not mean they are in cahoots with the anti's  Like I have said before if they had more members maybe they would not have to give and take any! GOA maybe does not give and take but they are not a major player either. You hear the anti gun politicians complain about the pro gun movement you hear NRA never GOA they just do not have the clout to get the job done by themselves that is why they should work with the other groups instead of bashing them.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2007, 06:05:33 PM »
We've been down this same silly road at least 1000 times here. We've expalained and explained and explained and explained it to you NRA types but you do not listen to anyone but the NRA. It's not worth arguing again. You do what makes you happy and we'll do what's best for the nation. Someone has to carry the ball for those of you too blind to see past the NRA's BS.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2007, 09:47:22 AM »
So you tell me Bill The Dims admitted that Gore got beat by the NRA supporters We Hurt Kerry too. I got a email from a member here today that compared the NRA to a 800 pound gorilla that was in cahoots with the politicians. well if that is the case the GOA and the Jewish group are like that little monkey that sells taco's they just do not have the clout the NRA does and it takes a group of lobbiest to beat the gun grabbers. They are not afraid of Greybeard by him self or me or any other individual  online as we do not have the power as individuals The NRA is by no means perfect and maybe we need to start a online petition to show our disatisfaction with the leadership. Problem is how many NRA members are online and care? We have shown that US as a internet family can have power to change things we did with the immigration bill and with the flap over the OSHA thing. So maybe we need to do the same about the NRA instead of just complaining about them. I still say they are the best bet we have and if we need to change them as members we should be able to.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2007, 10:51:53 AM »
I know I've explained it at least 100 times and others even more. Quite honestly I just don't have time to waste continuing to explain it to folks like you and Redhawk1 who aren't going to listen anyway. You have your blinders on and your ear plugs in and only remove them for the NRA. This is my last post to address things to either of you it's just not worth the effort when I know you'll not listen anyway. Rant on if you wish but I'm ignoring you as a lost cause.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2007, 02:55:28 PM »
It all boils down to opinions Bill just like who is better Ron Paul or Fred Thompson that Fazak and I are having a spirited conversation about. I harbor no ill will to anyone here who expresses their opinion we should all have that right wether ya think it is wrong or right.

Offline Gunsmoke

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2007, 05:49:19 PM »
I agree with jh45gun, we can disasgree without being disagreeable. I firmly believe that without the work the NRA and it's members have done for years, us gunowners would have a whale of a lot more restrictions and controls on us than we have now.
"Those that would trade liberty for security, deserve neither". Ben Franklin

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2007, 05:57:02 PM »
You guys are free to express your opinions I just don't have to agree with them or waste my time explaining 100 times over why I think you're wrong.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2007, 06:01:18 PM »
And thats ok too.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2007, 01:27:00 PM »
I know I've explained it at least 100 times and others even more. Quite honestly I just don't have time to waste continuing to explain it to folks like you and Redhawk1 who aren't going to listen anyway. You have your blinders on and your ear plugs in and only remove them for the NRA. This is my last post to address things to either of you it's just not worth the effort when I know you'll not listen anyway. Rant on if you wish but I'm ignoring you as a lost cause.

I was going to stay out of this until you brought my name up. I know we have had heated discussions on this topic many many times. But it seems to me the same anti- NRA group here which consists of just a handful of GBO members will drag this thread down again.

jh45gun, no use getting into it with this group, it is like trying to teach a cat how to do tricks.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Hairtrigger

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2007, 01:32:54 PM »
It seems to me the NRA fans here believe those that are not pro NRA just sit around and do nothing.
Trust me, it is possible to not wave the NRA flag in others face and still  fight for gun owners.
Having said that, I had not been a member for a few years but have rejoined earlier this year

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2007, 01:34:54 PM »
Ron Paul or Fred Thompson that Fazak and I are having a spirited conversation about.

I try to behave myself on this forum. I come here to relax.

You wouldn't like my "spirited" conversation on the matter.

Offline superjay01

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Contributor
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2007, 01:57:05 PM »
I have always wondered how much money the NRA spends on all that junk mail. Seems like they could spend that money better.
Chance favors the prepared mind