Author Topic: Wayne LaPierre is beggin again.  (Read 2616 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Wayne LaPierre is beggin again.
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2007, 02:20:21 PM »
I have always wondered how much money the NRA spends on all that junk mail. Seems like they could spend that money better.

I have brought that issue up many  times in the past.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2007, 04:40:18 PM »
Well Dee if you brought it up many times in the past and still don't know the answer, shame on you, you did not do your home work.

Here let me spell it our for you, the NRA is like a business. The solicit people for money to perform a service. Does the GOA or other organizations that are pro-gun use there own money to fight anti-gun issues?  NO THEY SOLICIT PEOPLE FOR MONEY. Duh....
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2007, 04:44:29 PM »
~~~~~~~~~~HERE WE GO AGAIN~~~~~~~~~~~ ;)
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline Chilachuck

• A Real Regular
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2007, 05:51:57 PM »
I seem to remember a gent who kept asking for money to do "Good Works". Now, I'm not a member of any Judeo/Christian/Islamic religion, but don't have any problem with someone that wants to do that sort of thing, and I'll even kick in now and then.

The gent in question's name was "Baker". Seems his version of "Good Works" involved some, uh, "creative" interpretations, and not everyone would agree with him. (How many years did he get?)

I got the impression back in 92 and 93 that La Pierre had other things on his mind than fighting for our constitutional rights. I got the impression that he was actually in favor of defending only hunting, with a suitably expensive long gun, provided a suitably expensive guide was involved. So, I wonder exactly what sort of "Good Works" La Pierre has in mind, and how many of us would agree with how he spends that money.

Offline NONYA

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2007, 06:14:21 PM »
They beg for money,make their honchos rich and then stab Americas gun owners in the back with their "deals",its that simple.
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2007, 12:10:49 AM »
I find it a sad thing when the same guys come here and say the same thing, but have not other solution for an actual pro-gun group that can do anything for gun rights. We have heard all your crying and complaining, I have looked into groups you all have suggested but have not found another group that has the clout to convince legislators to do anything for pro-gun issues. Your solution is to abandon the NRA and join the GOA or some other group that has no political influence what so ever.

What I see is a bunch of groups that want to profess they are pro-gun rights groups, but even with all there supporters, they have let all the same bills and legislative actions pass as did the NRA. These same bills you beat the NRA up on, your groups have sat back and let them pass as well.But you choose to bad mouth the NRA and not the groups you support. Kind of a no win situation as I see it.

If you guy's hate the NRA so much, why do you come to every NRA thread?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline NONYA

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2007, 01:40:51 AM »
I find it sad that the same people come into ANTI nra threads and bash those of us with a negative opinion of them,OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER and then say something as stupid as "if you dont like the nra why even post in a nra thread?"BTW what is a "LIFT time nra supporter"?

-=TDC=-   Not in my LIFT time!

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2007, 03:18:06 AM »
why do we tell the truth about the nra?  easy,  just shining the light of truth on a few money grubbing cockroaches.   there are still people out there that may be interested in using their minds to think for themselves, instead of letting someone else do the thinking for them while robbing them blind.   
   think of how many gun owners are out there, and then how many nra members there are; or should i say are not?   now the sheeple will say "they are letting us do the heavy lifting"; which is just towing the nra's spoonfed line.    the fact is the nra has done nothing but screw me time and again,  and my money and effort are better spent elsewhere.   and i  would venture to say 85% of gun owners agree with me.   

tdc= keeping it real

Offline jhm

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2007, 03:26:59 AM »
Give some a fresh PILE and a stick, and they are entertained for a long time.   JIM

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2007, 06:55:40 AM »
NONYA, when did you become Mr. spell check? Last time I checked you misspelled a lot of words.   :D

OK you guys don't support the NRA. Then why are you so concerned how they spend there money? It is not your money they are spending.
Last time I checked the NRA did not take any money from anyone that did not give it freely.
If you don't want to give to the NRA, don't. If you want the mail to stop just call them, quit crying and pick up the phone.

myronman3, I think for myself. I choose not to support GOA and them other pro-gun groups that have done nothing for our gun rights. Where were they when all them gun laws passed????????????
The NRA does not have to do my thinking for me, I go to legislative hall and listen to all the anti-gun dummies trying to push there agenda on the legislators.
Funny thing is, I don't see one person from the GOA or any other pro-gun group that you all profess to be the real deal there fighting for our gun rights.
Where are they at? Let me tell you, out trying to get money for there group, just like the NRA.
"i  would venture to say 85% of gun owners agree with me. "  Where are them 85% of gun owners? Let me tell you....50% don't support any one of the pro-gun groups, they just don't care. Hunters and gun owners are a small part of society, just like anti-gun groups are also a small part of society. The majority of people have no say one way or the other. They are the people we need on the pro-gun side.   
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2007, 04:06:18 PM »
Today I received my new member info from the NRA. Included in with the stuff was a questionnaire, at the end of the questionnaire was a request for a donation!!
Basically the way I see it "welcome new member, we want as much info as possible from you and hear is the first of many donation requests!"

Offline NONYA

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2007, 04:21:08 PM »
You could have saved an entire forest with all the junk mail they have sent me over the years.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2007, 06:18:16 PM »
You could have saved an entire forest with all the junk mail they have sent me over the years.

Well if ya hate it that bad look at all the toilet paper you could have saved. LOL  ::)
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline NONYA

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2007, 07:25:24 PM »
I use sage brush,its softer and smells better  ;D

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2007, 03:03:59 AM »
I believe that years ago, the NRA hired an outside company to do all their mailings, and that company worked off of a percentage. Not sure if they do that anymore. I've been a life member for over 20 years, probably over 25, memory fade! But have become more and more disgusted with them. Awhile back, on a post here at Greybeards, somebody recommended sending a bunch of emails to the Brady organization, to flood their 'puters. Well, I did. Thought, what heck, what would it hurt. Well, for over 2 month's I probably got 2 emails a week from them, spouting off about what they need to do to stop the NRA. And of course, each email had a ''WE NEED MONEY"" at the end of it. I have envisioned 2 of the upper directors, one from each organization, sitting down to dinner with each other, at a posh D.C. restaurant, having $75 dollar surf and turf dinners with imported beer. Discussing what they were going to say to ''work up the troops'', so we can send in the money. If truth be known, if somebody like Hillary were to be elected, the NRA would have a surge in members and money, just like when Bill was in office.(I've given him an Indian name of ''Stain on Dress'') Enough of a rant, got to go to work. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2007, 03:08:53 AM »
OK you guys don't support the NRA. Then why are you so concerned how they spend there money? It is not your money they are spending.

because it is MY rights they are signing off on; and people like you profess that the nra speaks for all gun owners, which obviously, they do not.

t.d.c.= pointing out the obvious again and again

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2007, 03:11:51 AM »
I believe that years ago, the NRA hired an outside company to do all their mailings, and that company worked off of a percentage. Not sure if they do that anymore.

Actually they were paid per piece sent out no matter whether money came in or not. It wasn't a percentage basis it was very one sided in favor of LaPierre's buddy who ran the outfit. Dunno if it's still that way or not nor if the same outfit still does it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Chilachuck

• A Real Regular
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2007, 05:44:51 AM »
Graybeard, that's what I heard too.

The NRA did not have enough members to tip the election in 94, and was too distracted by internal politics to do much. Clinton blamed the NRA for the 94 losses, and I think that's where the myth of the NRA giant came from. Clinton created both the NRA myth, and the militia movement membership surge, IMO.

I don't think we really have an organization the gun owners can get behind. NRA/ILA could do the job, but they aren't.

Offline Dee

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2007, 06:28:37 AM »
Well Dee if you brought it up many times in the past and still don't know the answer, shame on you, you did not do your home work.

Here let me spell it our for you, the NRA is like a business. The solicit people for money to perform a service. Does the GOA or other organizations that are pro-gun use there own money to fight anti-gun issues?  NO THEY SOLICIT PEOPLE FOR MONEY. Duh....

DUH? That wasn't nice. But then again, consider the source. "I" started this thread, and take FULL CREDIT for all negative remarks concerning the NRA, and their "PERPETUAL BEGGING". LONG LIVE THE BITCHERS! ;D
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett