Author Topic: Limbsaver Barrel De-Resonator  (Read 6191 times)

Offline hellacatcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Limbsaver Barrel De-Resonator
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2007, 03:29:39 AM »
I just started reading this today and haven't learned anything yet, but it has been alot of laughs keep it up.
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2007, 03:57:19 AM »
yeah the little ammo carrier thing its ugly. if you have 5 rounds in your gun then why do you need a whole box of ammo on your stock. if you needed then you can't get to one because it holds the so freakin tight. the other thing on a gun thats ugly is the stupid flip up scope covers and the white spacers that you can get for stocks.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2007, 05:51:02 AM »

The shell holder on this rifle isn't used as a shell holder...I have some rubeatex foam under it and  use it as a cheek piece..also....I don't need to carry 5 shots in my single shot rifle..1 is usually all I need....I'm not in a fashion show in the woods...and I sincerely doubt the animals I shoot care one way or the other how my rifle looks...if anything...they would be more concerned how accurate it is ..

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline NONYA

« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2007, 05:59:46 AM »
I dont know how anyone had an accurate rifle before this new product came along,must have just been lucky.
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2007, 06:30:10 AM »
I dont know how anyone had an accurate rifle before this new product came along,must have just been lucky.

No..this really isn't the case and you know it.....Your just wanting to argue about a product you have never used...but dislike......Why is that...?

Mac

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2007, 06:31:29 AM »
i was referring to a bolt action or semi auto, pump, or lever action. cableas sells i cheek raising kit and that's what i put on my 700. i tried the cartage holder before and i did like the feel of it. on my t/c i don't use anything because the cheek piece is right. another reason i dislike the scope covers is that they break too easy. when i hunt with my piece (most of the time) i carry 3 shots 1 in the gun and 2 in the forearm loader that t/c sells. well everyone was making a big deal about the limbsaver being ugly so i referred to what i think are ugly things on a gun. yeah see people keep bashing it and haven't even used one. it can make a gun more accurate. and smart comments like this
don't need to be posted over and over, because you don't like it because its ugly or you have no experience with one or never used it right. we heard you the first time. were not telling you to go buy one
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2007, 06:33:19 AM »

No..this really isn't the case and you know it.....Your just wanting to argue about a product you have never used...but dislike......Why is that...?

Mac

i don't know why the keep bashing it. because he won't give it a chance i think. or the fact they just don't understand and don't want to admit it

Rick

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2007, 06:37:36 AM »

Mac

i don't know why the keep bashing it. because he won't give it a chance i think. or the fact they just don't understand and don't want to admit it

For some maybe this is the case...but for some others... I think they just like to start arguments and continue them...just so they can get a rise out of people...

Mac

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2007, 06:39:04 AM »
its sorta childish how people do that

Rick

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2007, 06:42:49 AM »
its sorta childish how people do that

True...but...that's the way of it...unfortunately...

Mac

Offline NONYA

« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2007, 07:20:58 AM »
::) sooo sad that I have an opinion that isnt in sync with yours and i continue to share it just like you two..at least Im not ripping on you guys for your opinion like you are,im just talking about the plunger,not the members and their opinions.

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2007, 07:45:31 AM »

I'm not speaking for Nonya, but I do believe that I understand what he is saying, and I do agree with what he is saying. It's the Moose on the front of the Corvette. I understand the concept. I agree that barrel harmonics can and do effect accuracy. I do believe that if you put one of these products on your barrel of a gun that is not shooting MOA, that this product MAY resolve the accuracy issue. Just as if you reload, setting the OAL may resolve it, or a different powder may resolve it, or a different brand of bullet may resolve it.

For me, I love Limbersaver recoil pads. I put them on all my shotguns and all my heavy kickers. They are great products. However, If it comes down to putting one of these donut's on my barrel or selling the gun or the barrel, the gun or barrel is going to go. It's just plain ugly. Ugly is not a difficult concept to grasp. Perhaps in the eye of those who use this product, the looks of it rank right up there with custom engraving. But to me, It's ugly. So, I don't have to hold it, smell it, read the instructions on how to use it, or tie one up in my back yard. Ugly is Ugly and I'm not going to spend my money on ugly.

So, you guys can promote "usefulness" of the product all you want. You can also promote the usefulness of the Moose on the front of the 800 horsepower Corvette. Useful, but to me.....somehow it's just plain ugly.

MHO

Dave

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2007, 07:50:53 AM »
Mac you ain't got any of them limb deresonators hooked on that recurve to tune the harmonica's in that wood riser do ya? :) Kurt
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2007, 07:57:44 AM »
::) sooo sad that I have an opinion that isnt in sync with yours and i continue to share it just like you two..at least Im not ripping on you guys for your opinion like you are,im just talking about the plunger,not the members and their opinions.

Nobody said you can't speak your mind on them...but...why continue arguing in the manner you are doing ? It's not offering any thing to the conversation....other than sarcasm.

Mac

Offline rbergum95

• Contributor
  • Theres no luck in lead unless it's flyin'.
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2007, 08:05:50 AM »
maybe we should all just agree to disagree and let things stand as they are. this thread has become the proverbial dead horse, maybe its time we stop beating it and leave it for dead.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2007, 08:07:36 AM »
Mac you ain't got any of them limb deresonators hooked on that recurve to tune the harmonica's in that wood riser do ya? :) Kurt

No...but I do know plenty of compound shooters that use the SVL Limbsaver products on their bows and swear by them...I don't...my recurve was made by Earl "Poppa"Hoyt himself and doesn't need anything on the limbs to quiet them...I may use these on the strings at some point though...just to see how they work...http://www.limbsaver.com/Products/Archery/String_Leech.aspx

Mac

Offline NONYA

« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2007, 09:08:44 AM »
My 7mag was made by papa Remington at the custom shop and dont need a tiolet plunger slid over the barrel to shoot sub moa,I dont understand why you are so adamant advocating them when you have no proof they work,guess you just have an opinion about them and you are sharing it over and over,just like me?

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2007, 09:42:13 AM »

I dunno......maybe it doesn't look so bad after all. You know......the more I study it.....the more I like it. I may just get one for all 3 of my cars. Yeah.....Look'in kinda good!!!!

Dave

Offline NONYA

« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2007, 09:50:00 AM »
LOL get one for the back window too,they reduce exhaust emissions,just ask limbsaver.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2007, 09:52:01 AM »
how many times do i have to say it. i have read on here and i seen at the range that this thing works, it may not work on your gun. the barrels are all diffrent. some guns it improves to be floated or glass bedded. some it dosen't. so if you go buy one you are basically gambling. i am going to get one i will post about it but theres other things in front of this thing i got to get before hunting season. when i post the results it may not be the same for your gun. it will differ it may not even work on your gun it might. it will be diffrent. its all about the barrel and ammo! the floating of the barrel, or glass bedding is not effecting the gun the way this would. its totaly diffrent from your anolgy. yes the moose head would do to weigh down the corvette but see thats universal i guess you could say. floating the barrel and glass bedding deal with the gun not making contact with the stock they affect the gun diffrently then the sims barrel de resonater. the results between gun and ammo differ its all about what your using the gun the ammo the work you have had done to your gun. you can add weight to all corvettes and it will affect them all the same. so the annogly you used is incorret. the right one would be how like a synthtic oil effects your motor versus a convirntal oil, it will affect how the car runs and how much power and get up it has. same with this. the simms barrel thing effects it diffrent!! ohh yeah just for the record i am comming back with more info, i ain't ripping any body off its just your stuck in the looks. you don't have to buy it just don't bash it when you don't know.

Rick

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2007, 09:54:24 AM »
yeah and then they convert it into emissions that smell ;D ohh yeah are you sure thats not a hich hiker who just needed a lift??

Rick

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2007, 10:23:45 AM »
The concept is sound. Just like their harmonic dampeners on bows which reduce the noise and vibrations both of which is good it will without a doubt reduce the amplitude of vibrations of barrels and thus alter harmonics. Since you can move it around on the barrel you can thus tune the harmonics. So IF (BIG IF) harmonics is the problem causing a lack of accuracy and if you play with the thing it in theory should help if help is needed. But not all accuracy problems are a result of harmonics and not all accuracy problems are gonna be fixed with it. But regardless it is UGLY! I don't do UGLY, now I iz ugly but my guns are NOT.  ;D

Their recoil pads are as good as it gets. Remington is wise indeed to be putting them on most all their guns these days.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2007, 10:28:40 AM »
i know on a old gun of mine i wanted to see if floating the barrel would help i had it done.. the gun was never right again it was a old savage i ended up giving it a my nephew and as far as i know it doesn't shoot good

Rick

Offline NONYA

« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2007, 10:51:43 AM »
Its ugly,ugly,ugly,couldnt possibly make up for its looks with accuracy improvement,I dont have to waste my $ on one to KNOW its ugly.Their recoil pads are top notch,and YES I OWN SEVERAL before 30-06 starts his rhetoric.

Offline hellacatcher

• A Real Regular
« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2007, 10:58:07 AM »
ugly ugly the man said it was ugly so live with it. keep it going fellows this is fun on boring afternoon when I have to stay home.
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2007, 11:12:12 AM »
I dont understand why you are so adamant advocating them when you have no proof they work,guess you just have an opinion about them and you are sharing it over and over,just like me?

No...it's not an opinion...I'll say it nice and slow for you again...maybe you will understand me this time.....IT WORKED FOR MY RIFLE...What part of that are you not capable of understanding?

Mac

Offline NONYA

« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2007, 11:16:21 AM »
I gotta  head to work so Ill say it one more time UGLY!! "infinity" ;D show me results from a lab or a few different gun manufacturers,then ill believe it works,all you have is an opinion that it does,no data,no video,no big name hunting show host to tell me how well it worked on his 100 yard wt kill from a tree stand,nada. ;D

Offline rbergum95

• Contributor
  • Theres no luck in lead unless it's flyin'.
« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2007, 11:19:49 AM »
Mac, he is trying to get under your skin. and from my point of view it may be working. i dont think we could change his mind if the Lord himself showed up at his range with one on his barrel. i am in the same boat as you. i know it works on my rifle as well. lets just let it go and move on with other things. .30-06man is gonna try it and he is the one who this really matters to, he has looked over everything that has transpired here and he is gonna give it a whirl. i respect his ability to make his decisions and i applaud him for it.

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2007, 11:46:49 AM »
the floating of the barrel, or glass bedding is not effecting the gun the way this would. its totaly diffrent from your anolgy.

I can understand your making this statement, however I disagree. Barrel harmonics...the vibration of the barrel during the flight of the bullet traveling down it, is affected by how the barrel is mounted to the stock. Just take a 3 foot section of pipe and hold it loosely in your hand and tap it with a hammer. Now, take the same pipe, grip it with both hands and tap it again. Different harmonics. (Yes, a very simple example...but understandable). The barrel is attached to the receiver. If the receiver is not bedded in solid, harmonics will be different than if it is bedded in solid. Also, is the first few inches of the barrel bedded? Is there enough "float" between the barrel and the stock? When the barrel gets hot have you checked the "float"? does the barrel touch the stock when it gets hot?

yes the moose head would do to weigh down the corvette but see thats universal i guess you could say. floating the barrel and glass bedding deal with the gun not making contact with the stock they affect the gun diffrently then the sims barrel de resonater. the results between gun and ammo differ its all about what your using the gun the ammo the work you have had done to your gun. you can add weight to all corvettes and it will affect them all the same. so the annogly you used is incorret.

Not so Ke-mo-sabie! You see, if it were my 800 HP corvette (as not all Vett's are 800 HP) I probably would opt out of the Moose. I would look at some other options......like a different torque converter in the transmission that would let the power "slip" more....higher first and second gear rations to let the power struggle a bit more to get it to the ground.......and of course, rubber compound on the tires....maybe not so sticky so there not grabbing everything....but not letting me slip off the road at 200 mph either.

All of those options require a bit more work than the Moose. However, they also give the owner a better insight on the how the machine functions, and what may need done to it to make it work properly, yet still keep the looks that the designer's originally intended it to have.

'Cause I dunno how many guns any of 'em would sell if they had those chunks of rubber hangin off he barrels. Probably a few more than the Vett's with the Moose hangin off the front of 'em....eh? ;D

Dave

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2007, 01:19:57 PM »
yeah you do know they can produce that amout of horse power but they put a governer or something on the motor so they cannot go over 200mph. the vette gives a rough ride anyway i had a chance to buy one and didn't

Rick