Author Topic: Limbsaver Barrel De-Resonator  (Read 6198 times)

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Limbsaver Barrel De-Resonator
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2007, 01:23:09 PM »
yup sure am NOYNA. i already explained it to you many time it works i got to shoot one with it and with out it a few mins ago. since i didn't get to put one on my gun i used my cousins gun and i shot it, it works. but you got  to have a crage bottington to tell you it works. otherwise its ugly and it doesn't work
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2007, 02:09:29 PM »

30-06man...

Believe it or not...there are some folks that do indeed need to be told by some gun writer that something as simple as this could possibly work...mainly...since it is so ugly and cheap and easy to use...These types of people ( I see many of them all the time...they are everywhere...) do indeed need this type of reassurance in their lives other wise...they may actually have to take some ones word at face value...This is next to impossible for them since they have no trust in anyone...Also...for these poor folks... they can't do that anyway...since they have to have definitive proof with complete statistical analysis ...to even be able to agree that it could possibly work for some one else under complete different circumstances...I think for some of these poor souls...even having a known gun writer as Boddington....it would be too much for them to handle with their limited scope of rationality..and their unbridled mistrust of others...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2007, 03:18:04 PM »
yeah you do know they can produce that amout of horse power but they put a governer or something on the motor so they cannot go over 200mph. the vette gives a rough ride anyway i had a chance to buy one and didn't

Ok. You certainty give an interesting response. However, in the real world of cars 'n guns, I don't know who "They" are. If there is a governor, take it off!  When it's modified to the degree I speak of, warranty matters are far from the fore front. Rough rides are cured by gas shocks\struts....adjustable with 5 different settings.

Fundamental understanding of the causes of issues goes a long way to help determine cures to problems. Custom gun shops don't attach the dough nut to any of their guns before they release 'em to their customers. Even semi-custom shops don't.

That doesn't mean that the dough nut couldn't be stuck on their guns and save 'em a bunch of work to achieve MOA or sub-MOA. And I'm not saying the product doesn't work. It probably does and on some guns, it probably works very well. However, what I am saying is it's a short-cut quick fix lazy man's way out of a problem.

I think there are other ways to correct the problem and leave the gun looking like it was designed to look. Just like the Vett and the rough ride. Believe me, I have a 2000 Mustang Convertible that had such a ride. Three years ago I put 5 way adjustable gas shocks 'n struts on it and it was like driving a completely different car. Washboard surfaces are now like glass. Hard downhill stops on those washboard surfaces are no longer a thrill ride.

MHO

Dave

Oh, and the dough nut is still ugly. Just plain ugly.   

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #123 on: September 15, 2007, 03:22:35 PM »
Also...for these poor folks... they can't do that anyway...since they have to have definitive proof with complete statistical analysis ...to even be able to agree that it could possibly work for some one else under complete different circumstances...I think for some of these poor souls...even having a known gun writer as Boddington....it would be too much for them to handle with their limited scope of rationality..and their unbridled mistrust of others...

Wow Mac...I mean Gheezzzz???? Who are these people? I mean, I wonder how they could make it thru a day with so much blind mistrust of the human race and their limited "scope of rationality". (Is that a Freuidan term found in Psysocology Today magazine?) Do you have names? Are they posted on the internet somewhere?

Dave

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #124 on: September 15, 2007, 04:09:49 PM »
see it was after the work that the shot did on it. and if you take the governer off and get caught you get sent to jail. because its not street legal you would have to regester it some way. the sims isn't a lazy way out. its technogly and science working to the good to make it easier so the work dosen't have to be done. i guess if you wanted to do that buy putting some sorta dampering device in the forarm you could. some people don't like doing that type of work i like doing that type of work its part of the hobbie but some people who don't like working on their guns or paying a lot to have a accurate gun will use it and thats who it was designed for. i am only going to buy one and it will be on my 700 since i glass bedded it and floated and adjusted the trigger it still isn't under a inch. i am going to try it out. i have tried many things to try to get it back to 3/4 or less inch groups and if it works i am keeping
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2007, 04:35:57 PM »
Also...for these poor folks... they can't do that anyway...since they have to have definitive proof with complete statistical analysis ...to even be able to agree that it could possibly work for some one else under complete different circumstances...I think for some of these poor souls...even having a known gun writer as Boddington....it would be too much for them to handle with their limited scope of rationality..and their unbridled mistrust of others...

Wow Mac...I mean Gheezzzz???? Who are these people? I mean, I wonder how they could make it thru a day with so much blind mistrust of the human race and their limited "scope of rationality". (Is that a Freuidan term found in Psysocology Today magazine?) Do you have names? Are they posted on the internet somewhere?

Dave

They are individuals I personally know Dave...and they come from all walks of life...Most of them live very structured lives and most actually believe what has been  put into print by these so-called main stream gun writers...In casual conversations when talking about the various shooting sports...they have a tendency to reference what they have written and quote them often...as if by it being printed in a magazine...lends some credence to it's truthfulness and accuracy...Some of the others I referenced about...wouldn't believe it no matter what unless it showed up in Scientific American....these individuals have to have everything dissected completely...and be able to see all empirical data broken down neatly...so that they may rationalize the data in their own way & time... Do I have names...actual I do...but...I don't care to post them for your pleasure...As to my terminology...it is correct in term & usage...and didn't come from any magazine...Oh...B.T.W...your spelling could use a little help..this time around   :P :P

Mac

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #126 on: September 15, 2007, 04:47:22 PM »
They are individuals I personally know Dave...and they come from all walks of life...Most of them live very structured lives and most actually believe what has been  put into print by these so-called main stream gun writers...In casual conversations when talking about the various shooting sports...they have a tendency to reference what they have written and quote them often...as if by it being printed in a magazine...lends some credence to it's truthfulness and accuracy...Some of the others I referenced about...wouldn't believe it no matter what unless it showed up in Scientific American....these individuals have to have everything dissected completely...and be able to see all empirical data broken down neatly...so that they may rationalize the data in their own way & time... Do I have names...actual I do...but...I don't care to post them for your pleasure...As to my terminology...it is correct in term & usage...and didn't come from any magazine...Oh...B.T.W...your spelling could use a little help..this time around   :P :P

Mac

So that's a "No".    actual I do Hey...thanks for the spelling catch!

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2007, 04:54:46 PM »

So that's a "No".

As to if they are posting articles/stories or just chatting on the Internet? Some do...but...as to giving you their names...no...I choose not to...Either take it on my word...or not...I neither have to prove or disprove these peoples existence for some amusement anyone would derive from it.

Mac

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #128 on: September 15, 2007, 04:56:52 PM »

Thanks...I see that...looks like we both need a better spell check.. ;) ;) :D :D

Mac

Offline cascadedad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #129 on: September 15, 2007, 08:45:23 PM »
I think it is hillarious how some will so passionately call something like this ugly and then post a picture of themselves as their avator.  Even I'm smarter than that!!!!  ;D  ;D

Think about it, if UGLY really mattered, most of us would have never had a woman take a second look at us!!!!!!  Why did they?  Simple, because we WORK........... they break things and we fix them!!!!!  It certainlly aint because we look good and smell good!!!  Take a GOOD look at yourself in the mirror and I am sure you can appreciate that others don't take UGLY too serious!

I still say it's cute!  They're cheap enough, I may just buy 2 and see if I can get double the improvement.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2007, 05:45:50 AM »
as for those people i will not name names. but i was thinking what would happen if you lined a bunch of them up from the forarm all the way to the end of the barrel. i don't have a problem with those people either, but it can dive you insane sometimes tring to talk to them

Rick

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (69)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2007, 07:11:03 PM »
I can see it now at the GBO outing next spring....

The donut barrel guns lined up on one side and the non-donut barrel guns on the other...  Dale will have to divide the competition so that no one thinks the other has the advantage.

I had no idea that this subject was going to bring out so much passion and entertainment   ::)
"IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!"

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2007, 04:45:04 AM »
Some times things like this happen in family's... kind of like shooting a doe in a BUCK only family in Wisconsin or getting into the what's traditional discussion with bow or muzzle loaders. Kind of makes me feel hypocritical as I am looking at adding a cheek rest to one of my stocks to get a better look down one of my bbl's  :o Kurt soon to be the PHATINJUN again
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2007, 05:17:56 AM »

Kurt soon to be the PHATINJUN again

Heck...I just got used to seeing you as peanut... :D :D :D :D :D

Mac

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2007, 05:19:20 AM »
I can see it now at the GBO outing next spring....

The donut barrel guns lined up on one side and the non-donut barrel guns on the other...  Dale will have to divide the competition so that no one thinks the other has the advantage.

I had no idea that this subject was going to bring out so much passion and entertainment   ::)

I don't think you will find enough bad shooting Handi's to make it a fair competition... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mac

Offline PHATINJUN

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #135 on: September 17, 2007, 05:58:00 AM »
Or maybe those bad shooting barrels get made into something else instead of adding a DOG CHEW ;) Kurt
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #136 on: September 17, 2007, 06:29:28 AM »
 i think if i had a rifle of any cal. that would shoot 1-1 1/2 thee shot groups at 100yds
i would leave it alone since i am not a target shooter, think that will hit about anything Ii
plan to shoot, now i might do some work on my self since the trigger puller has something
to do with it.
unless you are like some people here and always shoot perfect and his guns a re perfect
and all he really wants to do is talk bad about HANDIS on the handi forum.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #137 on: September 17, 2007, 07:15:10 AM »

Don't pay those type folks to much mind Rex...they don't have anything better to do...and this is how they find amusement... ;) ;) :D :D

The trigger pull has a lot to do with accuracy with them off the bench...and you can find a bunch of helpful hints up in the FAQ's..and stickies at the top of the forum...

Mac

Offline prairiedog555

• Contributor
« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2007, 12:10:29 PM »
I scrolled all the way through this topic to see if Quick had finally tried one and what were the results
and his observations.
I think those results will seal the deal for me on this subject.

Offline cascadedad

• Contributor
« Reply #139 on: September 25, 2007, 08:10:43 PM »
Yup, it's cute!!!!!!!

Little closer.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #140 on: September 25, 2007, 08:17:35 PM »
My only complaint about the deresonator is Sims doesn't make it in camo......yet!! ;D I plan on trying it on the camo Superlight, the regular size that I have should fit the light barrel good compared to the bull barrels I've tried it on so far. ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #141 on: September 26, 2007, 08:05:19 AM »
The good thing is, if your gun falls over the scope won't hit the ground first!........the bad thing is the gun can bounce back up and cause a major eye injury. ;D >:(!!!!

Aw....just funnin around!!!

Dave

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #142 on: September 26, 2007, 08:42:47 AM »
Hmmm, maybe Sims should make a larger version to put over scopes to act like bumpers for those of us that are clumbsy, no more scope dings!! :D Just dings in us when they bounce back as us!! :o

Tim

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #143 on: September 26, 2007, 08:47:16 AM »
Hmmmmm.....maybe I could send 'em a request to have 'em make one to fit around my neck.....for those times when I trip 'n fall......I'll be like one of them Weebles!!!  (Mac....don't say it!!! Don't say it! I know your thinking it! Your already half-way typing they should make one to fit around my mouth.......just stop......right now......just knock it off!) ;D

Dave

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #144 on: September 26, 2007, 10:21:04 AM »
 :o

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #145 on: September 26, 2007, 10:25:26 AM »
maybe they can fit one for your cars and atvs so you don't wreck as hard

Rick

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #146 on: September 26, 2007, 11:50:13 AM »
maybe they can fit one for your cars and atvs so you don't wreck as hard

They probably already have......but the problem is that when you put one on your car.....then you just drive 3 times as fast, knowing that you cannot get hurt....and your car can't get creased. ;D

Dave

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #147 on: September 26, 2007, 12:28:19 PM »
the scope one isn't all that bad of an idea though

Rick

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (69)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #148 on: September 27, 2007, 04:25:45 AM »
Here's another product of Sims that could be used on the scope.  Or maybe the front end of your car.  I wonder if it De-Resonates radar?

http://www.limbsaver.com/Products/Archery/Silent_Armor.aspx

"IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!"

Offline PHATINJUN

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #149 on: September 27, 2007, 12:27:13 PM »
You know if nothing else you could drill some holes in that thing and turn it into a ammo chew I mean carrier just stick a few extra rounds in it . kurt
Deceased 2/16/24

"SOLI DEO GLORIA"