Author Topic: My Birthday Presents  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
My Birthday Presents
« on: September 08, 2007, 04:52:35 PM »

I thought I would show you guys my new Ultra...It's a New 2004 I got from Nomosendaro's brother last week...My lovely wife told me to put some new glass on it...since my eyes seem to be getting a little weaker...so...we headed out to Cabela's this evening and picked it up...I was gping to go with a new Buckmaster...but they didn't have any in stock...and i bought one thinking it was...15minutes out of the parking lot...I pulled over to check it again...and realized it was the old style...so I headed back...and they discounted they split the difference between the Nikon & the Leupold since it was my Birthday today...Kinda of nice for them to do this... ;D...The rifle is a new marked "Ultra" in 25-06 that he never fired a shot thru..and a really excellent trigger pull of 3lbs straight from the factory...I topped it tonight with a new Leupold VX-II 6x18 LRV duplex scope in a set of medium Warne Maxima quick release rings... I completely floated the forearm so the only contact on the barrel is on the barrel stud... took it out briefly yesterday with my VX-I 4x12...and was shooting 2 factory loads...both the 115 Supreme...and the 110 Supreme Accubond load...both shot good...and would put 2 into the same hole and the other about 1/2" out...I had a terrible tail wind of 35mph and was shooting between downpours...so my targets got ruined...That's ok...I'll be shooting it again with the new scope...and hope to have some 85 grain CT Silver Ballistic tips to shoot as well...I know it's a keeper barrel...velocity was dead on the money for the factory stated velocity...but...temps were in the high 70's during the rain...and would jump up to mid 80's when it would quite...Any way...here it is...

Mac

Mac

You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Re: My Birthday Presents
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 04:58:44 PM »
Very nice Mac!!!!! ;D I really envy your new set up. You really must be treating that woman rite. First the new gun club and now this. Good for you. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 05:07:00 PM »
Congrats Mac, very nice and Happy B'day!! ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 05:07:44 PM »
Dale:
Yes Sir...She's treats me good...that's for sure..

Thanks Tim...

Mac

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 05:10:49 PM »
Oh yea. I forgot. How rude of me. Happy birthday. ;) and many more.  Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline rbergum95

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • Theres no luck in lead unless it's flyin'.
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 05:17:31 PM »
congrats on the birthday, the rifle, and the wife.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 06:45:00 PM »

Thank You guys...

I am quite happy with both the wife & the rifle..

Mac

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 12:02:52 AM »
Happy birthday ;D ;D ;D I have been thinking of Ultra 25-06 myself. I really like the looks of the Ultras. There is a lot to be said about a wife that understands your "needs". I am sure you know this already, but do not let her get away, it is obvious she is special. ;)
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 12:37:07 AM »
Sweeeet!  :D  And, Happy Birthday!   ;D

Offline dw06

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 01:50:18 AM »
Nice setup Mac,sounds like a shooter too.Happy birthday to ya and many many more!
If you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is stop digging-Will Rogers

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 03:55:30 AM »
Happy Birthday!! (Day late sorry ;0 )
 You'll LOVE that scope!! Its tough to go wrong when you buy the best!!

Good luck with it!!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline BANG_OW

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Contributor
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 04:15:52 AM »
Mac,
       Happy birthday. Many more.
       I'm just getting ready to scope the 25-06 I bought from Eric, could you take a couple of close up pics of your scope mount and hammer/scope clearance? I'm thinking you just saved me a bunch of legwork...
Thanks,
Don
BTW, What are you going to buy the wife when her birthday rolls around?

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 04:38:19 AM »
Happy birthday Mac ! I think in a way big brother already regrets selling that rifle.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 05:09:25 AM »
Mac,
       Happy birthday. Many more.
       I'm just getting ready to scope the 25-06 I bought from Eric, could you take a couple of close up pics of your scope mount and hammer/scope clearance? I'm thinking you just saved me a bunch of legwork...
Thanks,
Don
BTW, What are you going to buy the wife when her birthday rolls around?

My camera isn't letting me focus real good up close...looks like I have to break out the book on it and see what I am doing wrong...but...here is a couple for ya..

The scope I have set back some...so it could go a bit further forward and have even more clearance...so...you might be able to get by with the LOW Warne Mounts...Where I have it...I have .195" clearance

Nomosendaro...tell your big brother I am very happy with it...and appreciate him letting it go...

One nice thing about the short NEF scope rail...it has the exact same spacing as the weaver set up on my Weatherby Sub MOA...so I can still swap these scopes around... ;D

Mac

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 06:42:54 AM »
Mac

Happy Birthday buddy , very nice Handi too.  ;D

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 07:10:56 AM »
you lucky son of a .

oh well happy birthday mac and nice looking rig too .

BTW does your wife give lessons???? mine loves my rifles but ever since the recent addition she doesn't go out shooting with me anymore and i hate to leave her home alone.
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 07:20:33 AM »
you lucky son of a .

oh well happy birthday mac and nice looking rig too .

BTW does your wife give lessons???? mine loves my rifles but ever since the recent addition she doesn't go out shooting with me anymore and i hate to leave her home alone.

Thanks Stimpy...Thanks mitch...I hate to say this mitch...but...I don't think a woman can learn how to be the way my wife is...not in any short lesson...it's either there in the beginning...or not...I have found that you just gotta give as good as you receive and give freely when not expected...and often...this way they don't feel your wanting something for just being nice... ;)

Mac

Offline mitchell

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 07:29:56 AM »
i'm just joking she doesn't need any lessons after taking her deer hunting just a few times i've got her more hooked on rifles then me . she even reloads for me now , but with all her mourning sickness and all her cramps our outdoor life has stopped for a while .

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 07:59:56 AM »

That will pass...give her time to fully re-coup and start feeling good physically...and mentally...Child birth is a very traumatic physiologically event in a women's life...and the changes wrought on their bodies is intense...Some handle it well...others don't...The main thing is to not rush her...and allow her to time to heal...It may take a month...it may take a year...she is the one who has to set the pace...and she has to know you support her 1000% no matter what...

Mac

Offline mitchell

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 08:16:05 AM »

That will pass...give her time to fully re-coup and start feeling good physically...and mentally...Child birth is a very traumatic physiologically event in a women's life...and the changes wrought on their bodies is intense...Some handle it well...others don't...The main thing is to not rush her...and allow her to time to heal...It may take a month...it may take a year...she is the one who has to set the pace...and she has to know you support her 1000% no matter what...

Mac

yeah i know but we still got 7 months to go. and i leave for iraq in two months and don't come back until the baby is born . and if you think all thats hard try fighting over baby names. its hard to get a Buckeye and a Texan to agree on baby names .

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 08:29:21 AM »

True enough...but...even though you want her in on going afield and all...she has far more greater things to worry about besides her attitude towards guns & stuff right now...Try putting yourself in her shoes...and look at it from her perspective...Even though your the one going over to the sand box...and all that goes along with it...She is the one with a baby growing inside her...and her body chemistry is changing on a daily basis...She not only has the worries for the baby..which is bad enough....but she has the worries of you being over there...

FWIW...my lovely wife suggested to ask her what she wants to do with the time you both have remaining before you leave...and make it all about her & the baby...not about you and your hunting and guns...She may be feeling your guns & hunting mean more to you than her...with so little time left to do anything together...

Mac

Offline mitchell

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 08:54:34 AM »

FWIW...my lovely wife suggested to ask her what she wants to do with the time you both have remaining before you leave...and make it all about her & the baby...not about you and your hunting and guns...She may be feeling your guns & hunting mean more to you than her...with so little time left to do anything together...

Mac

i don't think so man i've only gone shooting two times since may both with my dad when we were back home and she went with us , and i only get to get on here at times like now while she is sleeping . i try my best to make everything about her and to make her life as stress free as possible and make the most of every day we have left

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 06:15:13 PM »

Mac

i don't think so man i've only gone shooting two times since may both with my dad when we were back home and she went with us , and i only get to get on here at times like now while she is sleeping . i try my best to make everything about her and to make her life as stress free as possible and make the most of every day we have left

Women are funny...they say 1 thing...and sometimes think another :D :D :D I've stopped trying to figure them out completely a long time ago... ;) Just go with the flow...and be happy... ;)

Mac

Offline Doug K.A.

• Avid Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 12:44:25 PM »
Happy Birthday!!!
Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.