Author Topic: Why Can't We Learn From History?  (Read 793 times)

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Why Can't We Learn From History?
« on: September 09, 2007, 05:31:11 AM »
PRESIDENTS HOOVER & EISENHOWER DEPORTED MILLIONS OF ILLEGALS !

Here is something that should be of great interest for all of us to pass around!

Back during the Great Depression, President Herbert Hoover ordered the deportation of all illegal aliens in order to make jobs available to American citizens that desperately needed work.

And then again in 1954, President Dwight Eisenhower deported 13 million Mexican nationals. The program was called "Operation "Wetback" so that American WWII and Korean veterans had a better chance at jobs. It took two years, but they deported them.

Now, if they could deport the illegals back then, they can sure do it today! If you have doubts about the veracity of this information, enter Operation Wetback into your favorite search engine and confirm it for yourself.

May I add that if you do enter Operation Wetback into Google and read some of the links you will find the same arguments and political chitcanery was going on then that's going on today.

WHY CAN'T WE LEARN FROM HISTORY?

So may I repeat; if Eisenhower could get rid of 13 million in two years, why cant we do it again?

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Why Can't We Learn From History?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 05:38:56 AM »
"History is doomed to repeat itself."

I sure hope it is on this subject.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 11:57:36 AM »
Rockbilly, history CONTINUES to repeat itself. God even says there is nothing new under the sun. However, I believe "you will" see a repeat of history, but NOT concerning just illegals. I believe you will see, and are seeing, us repeat what ROME did. Our country, like Rome, is absorbed in, sex, sports, self-gratification, self-righteous meddling in the foreign affairs of other countries, spreading our military too thin,  and last but not least. Not guarding the home front. Rome did it, and we as Americans are DUPLICATING Rome, like it or not, and will REPEAT HISTORY.  :(
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 12:20:02 PM »
Dee, why do you think I keep posting items such as this.  I agree with you wholeheartedly!  "We are headed downhill like a snowball headed for hell," and can only pray for a change at this point.

Offline Dee

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 01:16:29 PM »
We certainly are as a country. I used to joke by saying; As long is NASCAR is running, the NFL is playing, my bass boat is full of gas, the wife is cooperating, McDonalds is open, and the batteries are up on my channel changer, to hell with everything else.
It has become the truth, "literally" and is no longer funny. :(

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 01:23:31 PM »
We certainly are as a country. I used to joke by saying; As long is NASCAR is running, the NFL is playing, my bass boat is full of gas, the wife is cooperating, McDonalds is open, and the batteries are up on my channel changer, to hell with everything else.
It has become the truth, "literally" and is no longer funny. :(

There's times when I get so disgusted that I try to look at things that way,... but my 3 kids keep me from it.

,...not that there's much that I can do about what's going on in the world today,... but it worries me that they're going to have to cope with what's being left to them.

Offline Dee

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 02:29:48 PM »
Fazak, I have 8 grandchildren, a 23 year old son whom is a Sgt in the 82n Airborne, and is wanting to start a family, if he can get out of Iraq long enough. I know what you mean.
He is home for a few days on leave, and the story he tells of the Iraqi attitude toward ALL Americans, is discouraging. We have mired ourselves in OTHER COUNTRIES AFFAIRS, too long, and our own is crumbling from within, due to a SELF-RIGHTEOUS government, whom has chosen to ignore the people.
As in Rome, our officials are constantly being exposed for their personal SCANDALS, revealing their total lack of morals, and we choose to elect the same type of leaders over and over. Our latest folly I fear, will be this ACTOR, Fred Thompson, whom takes money for things he says he does not agree with, but does anyway, for moneys sake. One after all, has to make a living, doesn't one?::)

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 02:37:56 PM »
What do you say of a person who continues to do the same thing over and over and expects a different results each time?
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dee

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 02:42:36 PM »
WHEN YOU ALWAYS DO, WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS DONE, YOU ALWAYS GET, WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS GOT!

I'M ON A SHOUTING BINGE ;D

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 03:12:23 PM »
What do you say of a person who continues to do the same thing over and over and expects a different results each time?
Blessings

YOU MEAN BUSH TITS ON A BOAR HOG

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 03:42:00 PM »
History in fact does repeat itself.  Unfortunately Rockbilly, our country is so wrapped up in being politically correct that a mass deportation seems unlikely.  Times are a lot different now.  Now we have illegals march on our own streets whining about their "rights".

Offline Dee

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 08:49:00 AM »
History in fact does repeat itself.  Unfortunately Rockbilly, our country is so wrapped up in being politically correct that a mass deportation seems unlikely.  Times are a lot different now.  Now we have illegals march on our own streets whining about their "rights".

Yes and it needs to stop. When they do, Americans need to MATCH THEIR TURNOUT, and THEN AND ONLY THEN will our government MAYBE pay attention. >:(

Offline Dee

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 10:01:53 AM »
I believe the Johnson era and Vietnam would prove your theory incorrect. We lost over 52,000 good men in that war, before a republican by the name of Nixon pulled us out. Over, and over, our government must prove to us that police actions in other countries never work. We get it. They don't. We complain. They don't listen. REDUNDANCY!
The dems and the repubs, have merely traded places, with a much LESS MORAL set of standards than even then. >:(

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 06:15:21 PM »

Yes and it needs to stop. When they do, Americans need to MATCH THEIR TURNOUT, and THEN AND ONLY THEN will our government MAYBE pay attention. >:(

The internet is a great information tool, but it is also a great pacifier. People rant on it and get stuff out of their system, than stay home.  Before the internet people would have hit the streets with what is going on with our fair sytem and perpetual war.  Before the internet I believe the Bush-Cheney reign would have toppled a few years ago.

...TM7

That may be so, but I still believe it's the whole PC issue.  Everyone seems to be afraid to step out on a limb and tell it like it really is.