Author Topic: nice little target for a good day at the range (bin ladens head)  (Read 484 times)

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
nice little target for a good day at the range (bin ladens head)
« on: September 09, 2007, 02:49:48 PM »
i found this on the net a while back. its bil ladens head.. there was another that said that the gun owners of america were not responsible for yada yada. but this is another. i figure it will make a fun day at the range a little better. http://glockfaq.com/targets/humanoid/osama_head.pdf
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline alsaqr

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: nice little target for a good day at the range (bin ladens head)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 04:12:29 PM »
"That is a nice target.  BTW:   Citizens of the Peoples' Demokratic Republik of Massachusetts are not allowed to shoot at targets that look human.   The whiney liberal Democrats who run the place passed that law several years ago." 

""It is, without a doubt, one of the most idiotic laws I've ever heard of -- and I've heard of a lot of idiotic laws. The state, not surprisingly, is Massachusetts. The law, the brainchild of Democratic Rep. Christopher Hodgkins, says that state-licensed gun clubs "shall not permit shooting at targets that depict human figures, human effigies, human silhouettes or any human images thereof, except by public safety personnel performing in line with their official duties." Violation of this law could result in revocation of a club's license and a fine of no less than $1,000 and no more than $10,000."

"In defense of this absurd law, Massachusetts Acting Governor Jane Swift has said its purpose is "to stop target practice that arguably increases the practicer's capacity to shoot human beings." She has also said: "A target depicting a human is not a symbol. Rather, it is an object that permits a person to become more proficient at using deadly force on a human being.""

Then there was this jewel from an idiotic appeals court:

"Echoing this assertion, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit declared: "A person who has practiced shooting at a human-shaped target will likely be more proficient at shooting humans than a person who has had to practice at a circular target.""

i should hope so.  Now i made myself puke.   

http://www.gunowners.org/op0247.htm

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: nice little target for a good day at the range (bin ladens head)
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 04:21:35 PM »
wow. its a circular target but behind it the most wanted man. ohh well the dems have a probelm with people buying scopes. i was at the walmart and this kid was buying hornday sabots and the clerk wouldn't let him buy them because they were "bullets'' i spoke up and they wanted to argue and he had to go get his dad and then they even had to check the mans id even though you could tell he was over 18. whats it comming to? its lead dipped in copper how stupid. i think the laws are going over board as most of us agree. i am all for the background check. but the background check takes less time then it takes to fill out the paper work to buy a gun. i don't see how it makes us more incline to shoot a human if we shoot at a terrorist. as far as it goes if it bothers them that much what about the stuff we see on tv. some people like dems belive thats what americans are like.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick