Author Topic: American Conservative Magazine on Ron Paul  (Read 3382 times)

Offline Fazak

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
American Conservative Magazine on Ron Paul
« on: September 09, 2007, 04:55:38 PM »
I've always found American Conservative Magazine to be an excellent resource for Conservatives who still hold true to the traditional ideas of the philosophy. They maintain a very good web source with extensive archives.

Many of you may enjoy their article on Ron Paul's candidacy.

http://www.amconmag.com/2007/2007_06_18/cover.html

Offline Echo4Lima

• Contributor
Re: American Conservative Magazine on Ron Paul
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 09:34:33 PM »
He's so special isn't he?  Kinda the Republican equivalent of Washington State's Patty Murray huh?  Or, maybe Ohio's Dennis Kookinich...

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 10:54:18 PM »
Rush say he's a conservative but won't come out and say any thing good about Ron Paul . They just say what there told to say from the people running the world. :-X

Offline superjay01

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 11:05:42 PM »
he's the only conservative running.
Chance favors the prepared mind

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 04:54:22 AM »
  Frankly, I was giving Ron paul the "benefit of a doubt" until I watched the latter portion of the Republican debate..

I don't know if he was having a bad night or what...but he looked like a fugitive from a squirrel cage...

...As Gov. Huckabee so aptly pointed out !

Obviously; one man's "conservative" is another man's "nut-case"..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 05:05:24 AM »
Here's another good article,..from World Net Daily,.. from today.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57545

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 05:06:07 AM »
  Frankly, I was giving Ron paul the "benefit of a doubt"

No you weren't.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 02:15:09 PM »
  OK Fazak..you're a marvelous mindreader ...except for your being wrong !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 03:55:05 PM »
  OK Fazak..you're a marvelous mindreader ...except for your being wrong !

Not here.

Mindless warmongers are easy to read.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 04:35:48 PM »
Rush say he's a conservative but won't come out and say any thing good about Ron Paul . They just say what there told to say from the people running the world. :-X

Are you saying that Rush is told what to say by the committee "they" who are running the World. Can I have a list of those people?

BTW, what does Michael Savage have to say about this guy, I haven't heard him in a while? And is he told what to do too?
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 06:15:36 PM »
I mentioned Ron Paul to some one tonite and they said WHO? and that person is a Republican I tell you this guy does not have good name recognition or press and unless he gets it he is not going to go anywhere.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 12:33:38 AM »
Fazak
Seems like you are the mind reader of all times--more than likely you are just hardheaded and can't accept that others who differ in opinion with you can have a mind which may be equal too you.
Just my opinion though.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline ncsurveyor

• Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 01:22:16 AM »
Opportunity knocking.  Can you hear it?

Fazak (or Mr. Fazak, not sure if that is your last name or not).  It seems that half your time is spent posting cut and paste information about candidates, and the other half belittling other forum members.

Here's a useful question for you:

I have read that Dr. Paul's ideology includes the elimination of various government entities.  Can you indicate what Dr. Paul's methodology of eliminating the department's of education and homeland security are?  These are sweeping overhauls in the country's structure, and I can't help but think that he has some idea of how he's going to accomplish this, without causing a meltdown in the school system and nation's security.  I also hope that he has at least summarized his plan, in order to show that it has some merit rather than a blatant attempt to garner the support of libertarians and ultra conservatives in favor of limited government.  I am relying on the appearence that you spend more time researching than I do at the moment, so I would be curious about your findings.

Thanks!

Jeff

Offline magooch

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 04:07:45 AM »
Ron Paul's main problem is that he doesn't know what moderation is.  He clearly is a Libertarian and there's nothing wrong with that, but his views are extreme in some instances and unrealistic in others.

He leaves himself wide open to being called what he sounds like to the average voters--a nut.  Now don't jump all over me; I'm just telling it like it looks and sounds to me.  And I'm to the right of Gengis Khan.
Swingem

Offline ncsurveyor

• A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 04:20:50 AM »
My individual problem with the situation is not, well, my concern right now.

From a country perspective, I am curious what void will be left if these two entities are dissolved, what is expected to happen?  Its good to say that that these things are a bureaucratic burden, but reality says that certain things, both good and bad are a part of the education department and homeland security.  If he simply says the departments suck and their gone, and you people are left to your own states and initiative to provide in their absence, then fine, I just want to know what the plan is.

I can't help but think that his isolationist attitude towards foreign involvement may cause internal problems, economically as well as politcally, and before your neck hair starts to rise, I agree 100% that we are overextended globally.  But a sweeping move like this will have reprecussions, foreseen and unforeseen and potential civil unrest.  Just want to know how he's going to pull off this utopia.  I know that change requires growing pains.  What is going to change?  What pain are we expecting?

I like the concepts, but I need more than pillow talk.  Rhetoric is nothing more than one of the few works in the English language that begin with an RH.

Dr. Paul's fist banging and talk of revolution scare me, unless I see how thought out his process is.

Offline ncsurveyor

• A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 05:06:24 AM »

ncsurveyor....Revolutions might just be a bit messy. But yes I need more information too. Do you really want this country to continue on the course, with perpetual war, it is on? Can a country in perpetual war exist as a democratic republic or will it by necessity evolve into something else?

....TM7

Every four years we get to decide which way we want to continue. 

I really wish the poking, prodding and cut and paste snip-a-thon of straw polls, and biased internet news would quit.  Debating a candidates pros and cons is one thing, but Dr. Paul's outlook is radical, to say the least.  In my mind I equate an uninformed fanatacism around a candidate  the same as those that followed any number of extremists throughout history.  And those that expound Paul, Clinton, Thompson, et al,  with propoganda, without knowing the outcomes and ramifications of this person's views might as well be following <insert name of historical dictator or religious extremist here>

I really like his thoughts of John Q not being f'd with by his government.  Has me piqued.  But I want to know the ramifications.  I am not a global economist.  Nor a politician.  I am a surveyor.  His idea, spell it out.  Let me know if I may have to defend my family and property.  Let me know if I have to educate my child.  Let me know if I have to go back to growing my own food.

But don't jump up and down and tell me whats wrong without tellling me what's it going to take to fix it.  Even my doctor tells me when something is going to hurt.

Dr. Paul, tell me what's going to hurt.  Or bow out.

The humble plea of another honorably discharged U.S. Veteran.

p.s. The rest of candidates get equal treatment.  I'm not biased.  I distrust everybody.  Except the Almighty and Son, of course.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 05:30:58 AM »
Mindreader Fazak;

If you look back at the thread about " Bush in Iraq", you will find my post made on page #1 saying that if the Republicans selected him, I would probably vote for him...I was giving him the "benefit of a doubt"..

Further down the line I explained how after seeing him involved in the debate..HE changed my mind..

Actually, I see no conflict..I cannot see the Reps nominating him anymore than they would John Kerry !

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2007, 05:32:56 AM »
Fazak
Seems like you are the mind reader of all times--more than likely you are just hardheaded and can't accept that others who differ in opinion with you can have a mind which may be equal too you.
Just my opinion though.
Blessings

I just give my opinion like everybody else.

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2007, 05:39:33 AM »
Ron Paul's main problem is that he doesn't know what moderation is.  He clearly is a Libertarian and there's nothing wrong with that, but his views are extreme in some instances and unrealistic in others.

He leaves himself wide open to being called what he sounds like to the average voters--a nut.  Now don't jump all over me; I'm just telling it like it looks and sounds to me.  And I'm to the right of Gengis Khan.

Well,.... the situation America is in today won't be fixed without some serious reconfiguring,.. especially concerning our monetary system.

If you've kept up with Ron Paul for many years, as I have, you'll know that the monetary system has long been his primary concern,.. and with good reason.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2007, 05:57:18 AM »
  If we don't WIN this war on terror..the monetary system won't matter...

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2007, 06:13:26 AM »
I mentioned Ron Paul to some one tonite and they said WHO? and that person is a Republican I tell you this guy does not have good name recognition or press and unless he gets it he is not going to go anywhere.

I get the same reaction when I mention Ron Paul. But ask a Texan and they will tell you he is worthless and I have to agree.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2007, 06:24:56 AM »
  If we don't WIN this war on terror..the monetary system won't matter...

The war in Iraq isn't the war on terror.

In fact, there is no war on terror,... there's just a war going on in Iraq which was started in order to install a puppet government there,... and it's created many more terrorists than it will ever be able to get rid of.

If there was a war going on to punish terrorists,.. it would be happening in Saudi Arabia.

Read up:

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles/031215/15terror.htm

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2007, 07:57:33 AM »

Offline ncsurveyor

• A Real Regular
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2007, 08:09:55 AM »

???
Some more news on our "allies".

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/EK07Ak01.html

Are you still trying to bolster support for Paul by pointing out faults with the rest of the world?

Quote from: Fazak
If you've kept up with Ron Paul for many years, as I have, ...............

I've asked for your enlightenment on his views, and it doesn't seem that you care to help his cause any unless you have the opportunity to be negative on someone else.

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2007, 08:20:38 AM »

???
Some more news on our "allies".

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/EK07Ak01.html

Are you still trying to bolster support for Paul by pointing out faults with the rest of the world?

Quote from: Fazak
If you've kept up with Ron Paul for many years, as I have, ...............

I've asked for your enlightenment on his views, and it doesn't seem that you care to help his cause any unless you have the opportunity to be negative on someone else.

If you want to be enlightened, you have the means right there at your fingertips.

I didn't take ya to raise.

Offline ncsurveyor

• A Real Regular
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2007, 08:39:31 AM »

If you want to be enlightened, you have the means right there at your fingertips.

I do have the means, and thankfully, no, you haven't taken me to raise.

But considering your self proclaimed knowledge of Dr. Paul, I'm sure there were plenty of other people looking for someone to provide some objective clarification on his radical ideas.  You have made a lot of posts, and then respond to criticism with curt statements and inuendo.  You seem to have more personally invested than others, with the exception of Matt and possibly TM7.  Either you could step up to the task, or continue your current track, which seems wrought with negativity.

But if I was Dr. Paul, I'd ask you to quit.  Your not helping his cause any.  A forum with thousands of members, and all you want to do is be smug?  I don't get it.  If he's your man, than expound. 

I think you really like the conflict more than anything.

Offline ncsurveyor

• A Real Regular
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2007, 10:21:22 AM »
RP hasn't won the Repub nomination yet,,,why would he or any other candidate spell out the nuts and bolts of how they're going to reform the country at this time? For Faux News to tear it apart with the attack dogs? 

That's asking for a lot of faith.  If he wants the nomination, considering the sweeping changes, I'm afraid I need a little more assurance than what amounts to his word and a background check, and spin around an ole pot bellied stove.  This is more than just the lesser of two evils.

Under the circumstances, a lot of people will not support him because they have no idea of how things are supposed to go.  With his deeply contrasting philosophy, he better offer up more than just a vision.  If that's all he has, then he will, for all intensive purposes, appear to be another nut.

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2007, 10:33:25 AM »

I do have the means,

So why are you asking me to do it for you?

Fact is,.. you're not going to support Dr. Paul regardless of what you're shown,... so don't be trying to pull my leg,..k?

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2007, 11:48:33 AM »
Hmmm...supports gay marriage.  No thanks.

Fazak, thanks for the video.  Gave me just the information I needed.