Author Topic: For shame....  (Read 979 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
For shame....
« on: September 11, 2007, 05:55:00 AM »
  The lunatic left is at it again...

A few months ago congress demanded that Gen Petraeus, after a specified time of the surge, should bring back a candid and honest report about it's progress or lack thereof..

This week he brings in his report...

The lunatic left, led by the likes of George Soros  ( an imported Micheal Moore) takes out a full page ad in the New York Times ( where else ?), accusing the general of "betraying" our country !

What utter and abysmal ugliness !  ..And this even before he delivered his report !

Harry Reid tried to intimate that the general was some kind of " Bush puppet"..the looney left has no class..

Fox news polled many of the top politicians , asking them to disavow such tripe as the George Soros ad...

Of course, all the Republican Presidential candidates gladly did so..joined by Nancy Pelosie !

None of the 3 Democrat Presidential contenders had the decency to do so..shame on them...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
Re: For shame....
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 06:46:47 AM »
Yep, and the Republicans tried to pass a resolution denouncing the ad and the Democrats would not support it.  Way to support the Armed Services dummies!   ::)  Joe Biden and Chuck Schumer are a couple of D.A.'s.  Next time they have a thought they should just let it go.  Oh, you can dump Harry Reid in with that bunch too!

Offline Almtnman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 07:51:31 AM »
The problem with the liberal left is they think because they say it, it needs done right then. They apparently think that a war can be turned off like your TV set, just hit the remote control button and it's off.
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 03:14:46 PM »

Perhaps they are all "spoiled babies" and expect everyone should rush to provide them with "instant gratification"...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 05:55:54 PM »
They have been kicked around, bad mouthed, lived under adverse conditions, experienced long period of time away from family, worked for short pay, provided bad grub most of the time, take abuse from everyone who has an agenda, and catch Sh%& from some they are sworn to protect.

What happens at the next war when they fail to show up?

God Bless The American Fighting Forces.

Offline Heavy C

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 06:04:54 PM »
What happens at the next war when they fail to show up?

God Bless The American Fighting Forces.

Hand those cowardly libs an M-16 and watch them sh*& a ring around themselves!   ;D

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 06:08:41 PM »
It does not supprise me anything the libs try to get by with. Most should be hung for treason.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 03:28:32 AM »
I have real doubts concerning anything said by a politician. Figure most soldiers to be pretty honest.

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
    • The Mountain
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 03:31:40 AM »
Most of these guys are lawyers and so practice an unsettling method of interrogation to get at the truth.  Frankly, with all the grandstanding and BS said and done I have some real doubts concerning the General's and Ambassador's report.

....TM7

Except when it involves them self.

Why would you not believe the General? I would tend to believe him more than I would a bunch of politicians that does not know a thing about war tactics or much of what is going on in Iraq.
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline 35Rem

• A Real Regular
    • Remington Model 8 and 81 Autoloading Rifles
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 05:12:52 AM »
The problem with the liberal left is they think because they say it, it needs done right then. They apparently think that a war can be turned off like your TV set, just hit the remote control button and it's off.

I told my wife the same thing last night as we were watching the "live" play by play of the 9-11-01 events on MSNBC (good for them to replay it)
I said the difference between then and now is that people can turn off the TV set like it never happened. Then, you couldn't turn it on without seeing the destruction that took place in AMERICA.

I wish we could take a remote control and turn off those loony Anti-American Lefty's.
Remington Model 8 and 81 Autoloading Rifles
http://thegreatmodel8.remingtonsociety.com/
Vintage Semiauto Rifles
http://vintagesemiautorifle.proboards105.com/index.cgi

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
    • The Mountain
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 09:44:55 AM »

Because at General Petraus' level (like Gen Westmoreland before him) you are pretty much a political critter. He wouldn't have been chosen by Bush to run the show if he differed in opinion form the party line, and Bush is notoriously intolerant of deviation in loyalties, and Bush isn't, isn't,,,,well isn't trustworthy. Moreover there is just too much chatter about and other reports that don't support his report in totality, but in fact differ quite alot. But believe me I hope for the best and an end in site for many reasons.

....TM7

TM7, the only problem I see in that is this; the bozo's up there in congress are not very trustworthy either. Some are downright dishonest to say the least. So if I had to believe one or the other, my choice would still be with the General as he's been there, done that. I don't think he would just stand up there and lie to us like some members of Congress do on a regular basis.
AMM
The Mountain

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 09:48:34 AM »
Don't know how you can say Bush is not Trustworthy from the gitgo he has shown once he makes up his mind he does not waver and does what he says he is going to do. You might not like that but to me it shows he does not waver and does what he says he is going to do unlike some politicians who say one thing and do another.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 10:22:53 AM »
  TM7..for your info...

Not all generals are "political critters"..Obviously Washington, MacClelland, Grant and Eisenhower were...and more recently, Gen Wesley Clark during the last Democrat runoff in 2004.

Have we heard anything about Gen Schwartzkopf or Gen Tommy Franks running for US Senate..or any of the 4,000 to 6,000 other retired generals & admirals ?

So a President tries to get generals on the Joint Chiefs of Staff that he can work with !  

Bwaaa...Surely it would be more sensible for the Commander in Chief to appoint generals that would start arguing with his every suggestion as soon as he made it !

Haw, Haw...Some chief executive that would be !

Certain congress people , after UNANIMOUSLY appointing Gen Petraeus to his job, would now like us to believe he found his 4 stars in a Cracker Jacks box !

In these discussions that are presently transpiring, we are talking about MILITARY things..both strategic and tactical !

Of course, with so much prevailing wisdom floating around capitol hill, we can be assured that Gen Teddy Kennedy, Gen Chuckie Schumer, Admiral Nancy Pelosie and General Harry Reid collectively, are much more well versed on the MILITARY, both strategically and tactically than Gen Petraeus and the Joint Chiefs of Staff !!!

Strangely; these same "worthies" have not said a peep about Wm Jefferson's  " cool (freezer) Cash", Hillary's .. Mr. Hsu and the Chinese millions ....

Shucks ! They haven't even inquired into Teddy's midnight swim off the Dyke street bridge so many years ago..

Methinks they are less "watch dogs" and more... just rabid "attack dogs"...LOL

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 02:56:56 PM »
Good Post Ironglow  ;D

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 01:11:51 AM »
  Since Gen Petraeus depends upon those on the scene to pass intelligence up through the "chain of command"...

Those Congressional low-lifes are attacking not just Gen Petraeus, but rather his whole chain of command..starting with the "grunt" who patrols, polices and shoots it out daily.... in the mean streets of Falluijah, Baghdad and Ramadi !

Just imagine..these detractors are led by a big-mouth who, when he had his chance, didn't have the "guts" to pull a drowning woman out of his own car !

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
    • The Mountain
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 01:22:27 AM »
ironglow, you got that right!

Good post!
AMM
The Mountain

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 01:34:14 AM »
The first assumption may very well be the problem.
"When Bush makes up his mind."---I love you bro, however; I am not of the opinion the Bush has ever had a thought of his own.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD