Author Topic: Time to shoot TREE RATS  (Read 539 times)

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
Time to shoot TREE RATS
« on: September 12, 2007, 11:13:10 PM »
With working 6 days a week and all the other crazy things that are going in my life right now i desided to make sunday a ( ME ) day , got a 33 ac. park that has about 1/2 in woods full of shagbark hickorys .

I was there this spring and counted no less than 40 of the little buggers so its time to thin them out .  ;D , the best part is most of the woods is mowed and has p-tables to sit on too , just have to remember the sketter spray . anyone else chasing them yet ?

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Time to shoot TREE RATS
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 11:31:16 AM »
Stimpy,

Not out after them yet, been down in the back for the last week. Get a few of them and have them with gravy and biscuits for breakfast, but be sure to let me know how they are :)

Greg
NRA Life Member
"Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety are not deserving of either liberty or safety."  - Ben Franklin, 1776
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 02:22:58 PM »
I got two this weekend  this cool weather  stirs the hunter in me I;ve been down in the back and just getting back to moving around so I had to do some woods walking It is good for my spirit shooting  cast bullet sub-sonic loads from a h&r 157 30-30 ackley improved quiet as a 22 less destructive than a 17 hmr made the squirrel into chili
Roy
could have killed several more  but 2 was enough for this weekend
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline blacky1755

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 03:30:48 AM »
  Howdy  Stimpy, 
                             Not been out as of yet ! Planning to camp down at Wild Cat Hollow in Oct. Hopefully  7th thru 11.   Always seen a lot of big Grays while I was down there for early M/L  season,SO  this year I fiquire to give her a go!    Thought I would try scouting some different areas while I was down there!
 Blackie

Offline Catfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 11:46:30 AM »
I been out a couple of time and saw one fox squirrel, and let him get away. The big problem I see is no mast this year. The only nut trees with any mast is buckeyes. I`ve been seen alot of squirrels along the road, but not in the woods.