Author Topic: Fred Thompson to Campaign at Florida Gun Show  (Read 632 times)

Offline muskeg13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Fred Thompson to Campaign at Florida Gun Show
« on: September 13, 2007, 08:32:16 PM »
In yet another example of Fred being the real deal, he's going to speak at the Lakeland Florida gun show on Saturday.  Fred will spend his Saturday like many of us do.  Where will the other candidates be?  Who knows, but I'll bet it won't be talking to supporters at a gun show.  If Rudy, Mitt, McCain and all of the Dims had their way, we wouldn't even have gun shows anymore.  Anyone here planning to attend this show?

http://www.theledger.com/article/20070913/NEWS/709130516/1338

Offline jh45gun

Re: Fred Thompson to Campaign at Florida Gun Show
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 05:25:19 AM »
Fred is smart enough to know where his base is. Good for him. Florida is a bit far from WI so I do not think I will be there. LOL If your going say high to Fred for me. ;D
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline muskeg13

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 09:30:27 PM »
More evidence that Fred is our man: http://www.miamiherald.com/campaign08/story/237311.html

Of those running, he's the best friend we shootists have, but the rupaul crowd is ready to jump off a cliff in support of a non-starter. 

I'm in Alaska, even farther away from the gun show than you, so I won't make it tomorrow either but I remember a show about a year ago that was historic.  Our current Governor and her family manned a table at the largest gun show in the state just prior to the Republican primary.  She met and talked with thousands of gun enthusiasts days before the primary and went on to beat the incumbent Governor and another popular challenger with over 60% of the vote.  She then won handily in the general election and still enjoys a 80%+ approval rating.  This lady also shut up her opponents in the last debate before the general election when there was a squabble over who was the most Alaskan candidate when she said, "OK boys, I have an Alaskan hunting license, fishing license and commercial fishing license in my pocket.  Let's see yours!"

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 07:03:18 AM »
Sounds like my kind of lady!  ;)
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 11:05:44 AM »
Is that all of the Southern Classic Gun and Knife shows?    One in Jacksonville on the 22-23.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline muskeg13

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 07:54:06 PM »
I think it was Lakeland today, 15 Sep 07.