Author Topic: 32 h&r magnum  (Read 457 times)

Offline Hank McMauser

• Trade Count: (0)
32 h&r magnum
« on: September 15, 2007, 04:59:24 PM »
   If what I've read is correct there has never been a handi offered in 32 H&R magnum? This just sounds odd as it's there own chambering you'd think it'd be one of the main offerings.
   If it were available,i believe it would make an excellent woods bumming around rifle for small game maybe even an occasional close range shot at  deer/coyote.
I also found this website which talks about loading .32 cal to  very quiet subsonic levels
http://guns.connect.fi/gow/ed.html
Hank
Hank McMauser

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: 32 h&r magnum
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 05:35:55 PM »
That's been discussed a time or three, Stimpy had one made from a 22mag Ultra donor barrel.

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,111255.msg1098339696.html#msg1098339696
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 10:54:41 AM »
For the life of me i'll never understand why H&R has never came out with one in the Handi , as it carries their name .

Even more con-fuzzeling is the fact that Marlin , the parent company of H&R has a lever gun in the .32 and Marlin are making the barrels for H&R/NEF .

I spent the money to get what i wanted , would i do it again ? probable not for this round , but it is fun .  ;D

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »
I would think the 32 H&R Mag would be the perfect plinking/small game round. I settled for the 357 instead. I ended up with it by a default of not having 44 mag barrels at the time I ordered mine. I guess that they did not make a 32 because they did not think it would sell enough barrels to make any profit on them.

Stimpy - I missed your report on the 32 H&R Mag, how does it shoot? Did you have it set up for .312 bullets or .308 bullets?
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 12:11:11 PM »
LaOtto222

It shoots like you would expect for a pistol chambered rifle , its a .312 and just loves cast bullets , on most days i can keep 3 rounds in under 1" at 50 yards if i do my part .  ;D

But like i said i don't think i would spend the $$s again knowing what i know now . would i part with it ? --- NOT A CHANCE IN THIS WORLD .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 12:24:53 PM »
No surprises there. I would think they would have better success with a 30 carbine barrel than the 32 H&R, but it is also a niche market. They are not too different, just the 30 is not rimmed. There is something about rimmed cartridges that makes me think about setting around a camp fire swappin' stories in the "good o' days". ;D I did not live in those times, it just takes me away to a better place for a little bit. ;)
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.