Author Topic: Rudy Baby Speaks to NRA Today  (Read 645 times)

Offline alsaqr

• Trade Count: (0)
Rudy Baby Speaks to NRA Today
« on: September 21, 2007, 05:09:45 AM »
I have defended the NRA on this forum many times.  This time they have done some crap that i cannot defend.  They have given Rudy Baby a forum.  i made a scathing call to NRA today.  All further requests for contributions will be returned with a copy of my check made out to GOA. 
The NRA made me puke today. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/19/AR2007091902200.html

"Rudolph W. Giuliani will go before the rank and file of the National Rifle Association on Friday, seeking support for his Republican presidential campaign from a group he once likened to "extremists" for its efforts to repeal the ban on assault weapons.

But even as the former New York mayor strives to burnish his Second Amendment credentials at the gathering in Washington, a panel of federal judges in his home town will be hearing arguments on the lawsuit that Giuliani filed seven years ago aimed at punishing the nation's gun manufacturers for violent crimes involving firearms."

Comments: 
"Announcing the lawsuit in 2000, then-Mayor Giuliani wrote in his weekly column about issues facing the city that "this is an industry which profits from the suffering of innocent people. The lawsuit is intended to end the free pass that the gun industry has enjoyed for a very long time, which has resulted in too many avoidable deaths.""

Offline azshooter

• Contributor
Re: Rudy Baby Speaks to NRA Today
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 05:19:35 AM »
Read this on his trip to the NRA. Rudy is a lib through and through.

How about his quote from him yesterday.

He says his main focus in Friday's speech will be to emphasize making gun laws a local decision, not a federal one.

How about making free speech and search and seizure laws a "local decision" too.  I don't understand how some here would even consider him. 

www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/09/20/politics/main3283811.shtml#ccmm

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 06:56:53 AM »
Before ya get your pants in a wad wait to see what they say after the fact. They invited him to present his views and they will review his past they did not say they would accept him or his views as they invited other Candidates too. I would bet they back Fred Thompson when iit is all said and done.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 07:47:09 AM »
Firearms Industry Not Buying Giuliani Claims
NEWTOWN, Conn. -- As presidential candidate Rudolph Giuliani prepares to address gun owners and Second Amendment advocates later this morning in Washington, D.C., senior officials from the firearms industry will be in Mr. Giuliani's hometown fighting a lawsuit the candidate filed -- and refuses to disavow -- seeking to hold law-abiding firearms manufacturers responsible for the criminal misuse of their products by others.

In response to the former New York City mayor's attempts to court gun owners, the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) -- the trade association of the firearms industry -- is reminding America's sportsmen and firearms enthusiasts of the candidate's long record of hostility toward law-abiding gun-owners, the firearms industry and Second Amendment advocacy groups.

"Recent remarks indicate the mayor is attempting to camouflage his record on guns -- a political maneuver now common for politicians seeking national office," said Lawrence G. Keane, NSSF senior vice president and general counsel.

In June 2000, then New York City Mayor Giuliani became the lone Republican mayor to sue members of the firearms industry in a wave of lawsuits in the late 1990s by major metropolitan cities such as Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia and San Francisco that sought to hold firearms manufacturers responsible for the criminal misuse of firearms.

At the time, Giuliani said, "This is an industry that is profiting from the suffering of innocent people. What's worse, its profits rest on a number of illegal and immoral practices. This lawsuit is meant to end the free pass that the gun industry has so long enjoyed."

The presidential candidate strongly opposed legislation blocking suits like the one he filed against members of the firearms industry. In 2005, President Bush signed legislation into law that barred such lawsuits after Congress, by a broad bipartisan margin, passed the bill. During the debate in Congress the Giuliani lawsuit was specifically referred to as an example of the kind of "junk" lawsuit the law is intended to stop.

"It's not surprising that Mr. Giuliani is now courting the firearms industry and the National Rifle Association -- whose members he has referred to as extremists," said Keane. "His support for gun control and contempt for the manufacturers, retailers and purchasers of firearms may have gained him praise in Gotham, but that will only handicap him in the rest of the country. He understands this and is now trying to backpedal.

"I wish I had more time to comment," added Keane, "but I'm in court today combating Mr. Giuliani's lawsuit against the country's firearms manufacturers."

NSSF is encouraging media and all interested parties to visit the NSSF Web site (www.nssf.org) and view Mr. Giuliani's record and past statements concerning firearms.

AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 08:03:24 AM »
ever since the politician's went from supporting the KKK to immigration and got away with it they change their stance , morals and values as often as their undies ! in a effort to be elected , hey say anything then blame others when they fail , then do it all over ! time after time after time !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 08:18:33 AM »
"Before ya get your pants in a wad wait to see what they say after the fact."

Wake up, fella!!!  The NRA gave the scumbag a forum.  Now he can claim that his trash was "well received by the NRA."  He can even claim that he has NRA support.   It does not matter what NRA officials say after the fact.   NRA thoughts on Rudy Baby's trash after the fact will not make the liberal mainline media.  Rudy will cozy up to HIS media and claim that he represents hunters and gun owners. 

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 08:23:01 AM »
like B. Clinton's duck hunt ?
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Dusty Miller

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 01:33:08 PM »
Well, we know he ain't fool'n nobody around here and we have the responsibility to spread the word far and wide that the guy is out and out phony baloney when it comes to gun rights.  ;)
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 02:30:23 PM »
Well, we know he ain't fool'n nobody around here and we have the responsibility to spread the word far and wide that the guy is out and out phony baloney when it comes to gun rights.  ;)

I agree hell they invited McCain too and it does not mean crap When it comes up after the fact the NRA will give him low rating if not an F and like I said probably Endorse Fred Thompson. So they gave him a chance to speak they did with all the Republican candidates that does not mean they will endorse him. Ever consider they are giving him enough rope to hang him self as with McCain too. Like Dusty said we know who and who is not pro gun as does most all the members of the pro gun groups and these forums. After this if we need to inform the puplic we can. Every Paper has a Letter to the Editors column where folks can write in and air their views so Use it I do.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 04:23:00 PM »
If Rudy gets on the 08 ticket I'll be voting 3rd party or writing in my own name.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline magooch

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 06:42:27 AM »
The best we can do is hope that Mr. Giuliani doesn't get the nomination.  Short of prostrating himself on the floor and begging forgiveness for ever entertaining his horrid ignorance and dismissal of the Second Amendment, he is not worthy of being nominated to the post that he seeks.

Now, that said, I would never cut off my nose to spite my face and throw my vote to a turd party, which would be tantamount to voting for Hitlary.  If it were ever the case, this country is far from a time when things could be confronted in black and white.  Sometimes we have to do the best we can and thank God we didn't have to settle for even less.

Our problem is that we are too homogenized and getting more so by the day.  On the other hand, from reading the "Police Blotter" in our local paper, the invaders from south of the border don't seem to have a problem with the right to keep and bear arms.  And use them in all sorts of ways.
Swingem

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 08:59:20 AM »
Graybeard told us about NRA now save your money it's all bs.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 10:00:29 AM »
Sure every one quit the NRA the Demoncrats would just love that  >:( No matter what you guys say until the GOA gets any clout and more members they do not have the media presence or the clout the NRA does to get the job done. In fact they let anyone join their mailing list with out paying dues and they let anyone send letters to politicians  in there name so hard to say how many paying members they have? Not saying using their name is a bad idea but remember the old saying why buy the cow when the milk is free?