Author Topic: What kind of Chronograph do you like?  (Read 829 times)

Offline IronKnees

• IronKnees
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • HANDLOADING FOR HUNTING
What kind of Chronograph do you like?
« on: June 11, 2003, 03:07:28 AM »
Just wondering what kinds of chronographs you like. I have and use a Shooting Chrony, Gamma Master model.

It's the one with the remote control/readout, and the printer. The only thing downrange on it is the sky screen and sensors... The rest of the unit is on the table beside me. I have had no problems with it, it is very accurate, and just love using it. I used to have the most basic model they make, which is all in one, and EVERYTHING is downrange. It was simpler to use, and you had to have a pencil and paper along to write down the numbers as you went along, but I loved it too... Only problem with it was, if you shot it, you shot the whole enchilada...
I want to finish well
I want to end this race
Still leaning on HIS AMAZING GRACE

Offline Hcliff

• Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 04:27:10 AM »
I have the Alpha master model a step or two  below yours.  I wish I would have got the printer model.  The remote is great for sitting on the bench like you said.  

Hcliff

Offline IronKnees

• IronKnees
  • Contributor
    • HANDLOADING FOR HUNTING
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2003, 04:46:41 AM »
It's been a spell since I looked over the different options, but isn't your model upgradable to include the printer. It's not too expensive, and having that little printout is sooooo nice...  :grin:
I want to finish well
I want to end this race
Still leaning on HIS AMAZING GRACE

Offline Hcliff

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 10:01:21 AM »
I have thought about doing that but never got around to it.  IT is cheaper than a new one

Hcliff

Offline denvas

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2003, 02:40:22 AM »
I use an Oehler 35 P.
Denvas
May the wind always blow in your face and the sun always shine over your shoulder. Then your prey will be unable to smell you and unable to see you until after they hear the crack of your shot!