Author Topic: Recoil Pad Suggestions?  (Read 457 times)

Offline PA1749

• Trade Count: (1)
Recoil Pad Suggestions?
« on: September 24, 2007, 11:24:45 AM »
I picked up a new H&R 20 GA. Single shot and when I shoot slugs it kick as hard or harder than any rifle I have ever fired. I think this could be easily fixed by a good recoil pad. Does anyone know of any fitted recoil pads for this model. I don't really like the slip on ones and would rather have a fitted one. I know there are grind to fit pads out there but would rather get one that I just need to screw on that fits correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Recoil Pad Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 01:00:15 PM »
Some of the Limbsaver prefits might work, although you'd be lucky to find one that was perfect. The only way to know is to take measurements and compare them to the dimensions on Limbsaver's templates. If you find one that looks close, print it out to scale which ain't easy unless you're good with your printer software, took me a while to figure it out. H&R stocks aren't cookie cutter identical and vary some, so what fits one model won't necessarily fit another firearm of the same model. Try the 10601 and 10003, I've used both on some of mine, but they don't come close to others.

Tim

http://www.limbsaver.com/Technical/Templates/

http://www.limbsaver.com/Products/Firearms/Precision_Fit_Recoil_Pad.aspx
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline 351 power

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 02:44:41 PM »
limbsaver works well for me. but when i added a lead weight to the butt i really saw a difference in recoil with my pardner. a much kinder "pardner" now
every day is a gift. use it well

colour is a symbol of where you are from and not of who you are

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 03:53:09 PM »
"What is involved in adding lead weight to the butt?  How did you do it on your 20 ga.?
Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (69)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 06:52:48 PM »
Remove the recoil pad or butt plate and fill the stock to frame bolt hole with lead shot or BBs.  Or they make a mercury recoil reducer that will slip into the same bolt hole.

"IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!"