Author Topic: Please Help On Questions About Pentax Gameseeker Scopes  (Read 858 times)

Offline Snareman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Please Help On Questions About Pentax Gameseeker Scopes
« on: September 24, 2007, 09:12:31 PM »
Hello,

I always thought Pentax was a higher end optic.  They provide excellent binoculars for the money in my opinion.

While looking for rifle scopes, I see there are several Pentax scopes for sale at eBay.  I am amazed at how cheap they are! (price)  I first went to the 3-9x40's, but then I saw a Pentax Gameseeker 4-16x50.  See pic below:

It was my first real look at a Pentax scope that interested me and was blown away by the $140 price tag and included free shipping!  My Nikon Monarch 3-9x40 cost me about $210 new and that was a great price considering what they retail for.(bought new)

To me this $140 price tag with free shipping seems like a phenomenal deal.  !!!!!!  This also includes a lifetime warranty!

Ok, can someone tell me about the quality of these scopes?

Why are they so cheap?

How is their clarity?  How about light transmission %?

What is your experience with these scopes?

Thank you,

Snareman

Offline cottonpicker

Re: Please Help On Questions About Pentax Gameseeker Scopes
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 03:49:46 PM »
i ordered a 3x9x40 off of e bay today for $99.99,from what i have read and heard from other people that have bought them,everyone is very pleased with the clarity and overall quality. many have said they are the best kept secret out today. i also read the 50mm scopes have a 95% light gathering ability,so i figured for the price,id be crazy not to try one,since every other pentax scopes ive owned were top notch

Offline Snareman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 06:48:02 PM »
...since every other pentax scopes ive owned were top notch

Well I wouldn't think you'd buy additional scopes from them if you were experiencing problems, so they must be good for you.  The comment about them being a best kept secret is 'bout what I was thinking about them.... if they're anything like the quality and clarity of their binoculars.

Thanks for your reply.

Snareman

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 02:04:21 PM »
I have been looking at them for some time. I have done extinsive reading on them and have yet to find a bad word about them. I can see one or a few in my future.   Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline cowboyup453

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (82)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 02:17:48 PM »
I currently have 4+1 on the way. Two 4-16x50,4-12x40,6x42, and 3-9x40 (in the mail). I love them all very bright and clear scopes. I have used them on several rifles from 17hmr to 45/70 and have had no problems at all. Also on ebay look for the buy it now/or best offer I just got the 3-9 for 84.99 shipped. Actually I got all of them for less with best offer.    ;)

Offline LHitchcox

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 02:43:39 PM »
Is anyone concerned about the 4-16 not having parallax adjustment? I would have bought one by now if I were sure it would be okay. I was always led to believe a scope with 10x or more should have parallax adjustment?

Leon

Offline Ahab

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 09:32:12 AM »
Is anyone concerned about the 4-16 not having parallax adjustment? I would have bought one by now if I were sure it would be okay. I was always led to believe a scope with 10x or more should have parallax adjustment?

Leon

If your going to be shooting at 100yds or more you don't need the parallax adjustment. ;)
NRA Endowment
Arizona Bighorn Sheep Society member
Arizona Antelope Foundation member