Author Topic: Ron Paul campaign raises $280,000 in 24 hours  (Read 2385 times)

Offline Fazak

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Ron Paul campaign raises $280,000 in 24 hours
« on: September 25, 2007, 05:48:47 PM »
,.. and it's still coming in at $10,000 an hour

The vast majority of it undoubtedly in increments of $50 or less.

Election day is going to be a nationwide Ron Paul party,... good news for America!

http://demidog.blogspot.com/2007/09/front-runner-is-ron-paul.html

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
Re: Ron Paul campaign raises $280,000 in 24 hours
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 06:37:07 PM »
Do you actually believe what you post?  Ron Paul won't even be in the race after New Hampshire.  I'm not saying that's a good thing, but I prefer to live in reality, and reality is that he doesn't have enough name recognition to make an impact.

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 06:40:08 PM »
*shrugg*,... He's got enough name recognition to generate $280,000 in 24 hours,.. from small, independent donations.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 08:09:59 PM »
Number one Just cause some one says they are giving you the money does not mean you may get it and two Dukkillr we have disagreed on some issues in the past but I have to agree with you on that one. Even if he does last past that you are right he does not have the name recognition to make a difference.

Third your getting this info off of a Blog?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Hell they could say any darn thing on that site and it is not verified. 
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 08:11:42 PM »
ok here is the real story:   http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/pay-pals--paul-supporters-reach-into-their-pockets-2007-09-25.html

Pay Pals — Paul supporters reach into their pockets 
By Klaus Marre 
September 25, 2007 
Supporters of long-shot GOP presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul (Texas) are putting their money where their mouth is — the Internet.

With the third quarter drawing to a close, the campaign said it expects to exceed the $2.4 million haul it brought in during the second quarter, even though fundraising is usually slower in the summer.

“We will exceed our fundraising from last quarter — by exactly how much is yet to be seen,” Paul’s communications director, Jesse Benton, said. “We have a lot of money coming in online and have also launched a successful high-dollar funder program.”

Paul supports libertarian positions and is the only GOP presidential candidate to speak out against the war in Iraq. He has been at the receiving end of harsh criticism from other candidates for his Iraq stance, including during Republican debates.

However, the same positions have made him the darling of the online community, with enthusiastic Paul supporters swamping opinion sites and swarming Internet polls.

As campaigns sprint toward the fundraising finish line, it seems the online community is stepping up its financial support of Paul.

The lawmaker’s website is urging supporters to give $500,000 in the week prior to the deadline, and it appears as though that goal will be surpassed easily.

Benton said the campaign sent out an e-mail announcing the initiative, which is also prominently featured on Paul’s website, at noon on Monday. A little more than a day later $170,000 had been raised, with additional donations coming in at a rate of a little more than $10,000 every hour.

Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 08:37:31 PM »
Matt I know you think Computers are the cats meow and your occupation,  but do you know how many folks do not own one or even go on line? Or have one and hardly use it anymore now that the charm has worn off. LOTS He still does not have MAINSTREAM recognition and that is what it will take for him to get anywhere. It is going to take more then being the darling of the internet to get him elected. I have mentioned the Name Ron Paul to several folks and they say WHO?  ??? He has a long way to go and that 2.5 Mill is nothing compared to what the front runners have raised. Now I am not saying you need a pile to run the race I think Fred Thompson could do it with less because of his name recongnition and his standing before he ever put his hat into the ring. Ron Paul does not have that luxery. Lots of folks Vote that never bother with a computer.so in that case Ron Paul is not reaching them at all.

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 08:51:58 PM »
jh45gun... slow your roll brother.... 8) I was just posting the real story... Yeah I am a RP supporter but I think that is a given... :D ;)
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 03:00:12 AM »
It's up to $324,000 now,.... with 4 days remaining to reach the $500,000 goal.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 06:30:48 AM »
Fazak.  I hope you and Matt are right, but that is really peanuts when the total cost of a campaign are considered.  For example, Hillary (she ain't my choice, just and example) raised 1.5 million at one dinner given in LA.  (Hollywood support)  

For the first time yesterday, I seen dozens of "Ron Paul for President" signs all over town.  Homemade, but never the less advertisement.  I could support him, or Tom Tancendro, or even both on the ticket.

Bottom line, we don't really have a front running candidate that will be good for America.  With perhaps the exception of Thompson, all will try to take more of our civil rights, or give the country away if elected.  As I see it, never in the history of this great country have we been in such bad need of a major improvement in our leadership, this not only applies to the President, a major overhaul of the congress and senate is also in order.

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 06:36:33 AM »
This isn't Ron Paul's total campaign coffer.,.. just a boost to the 2.5 million that he's already raised.

The goal for this round of contribution was $500,000. In less the 2 days he's already raised more than $340,000 of that,.. and from the way it's pouring in, I'd guess that Ron Paul can raise a half million in a week any time he needs to.

Watch the numbers roll.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 10:28:30 AM »
I hate to see your enthusiasm so strong since your in for such a let down.  ::)

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 10:34:29 AM »
Rockbilly Political signs mean Squat since several campaign workers can cover a town with them in short order and that does not mean they are getting the support the sign coverage suggest.  Signs can be put up in most sides of roads and that includes boulevards next to peoples property that is city or town owned. Since it against the law to mess with election signs most folks leave them were they are or put up their own on their lawns to show who they support. I have seen some yards with signs for both parties as some folks lets others use their lawns for such purposes and do not care if they do.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 04:20:19 AM »
jh45gun.  I think I am smart enough to figure that out, my point was simply here in the heart of Texas (his home state) I am just beginning to see anything in his support.

As for taking the political signs down, most were placed on utility poles, private property owned by the utility companies,  and by state law can be removed since advertisements are not allowed on them.  In addition, in some communities they could be fined for horizontal littering if caught putting them up.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 04:27:28 AM »
Rockbilly Political signs mean Squat since several campaign workers can cover a town with them in short order and that does not mean they are getting the support the sign coverage suggest.

Actually at least in my local area and it seems across the state the candidate with the most signs wins. I think it's because so many mindless folks are voting that the name recognition is ALL that matters. He who's name is seen most often gets the vote of those folks. Sad but the results of elections sure seems to bear it out.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 04:34:47 AM »
Matt I know you think Computers are the cats meow and your occupation,  but do you know how many folks do not own one or even go on line? Or have one and hardly use it anymore now that the charm has worn off. LOTS He still does not have MAINSTREAM recognition and that is what it will take for him to get anywhere. It is going to take more then being the darling of the internet to get him elected.

I have mentioned the Name Ron Paul to several folks and they say WHO?  ???

jh45gun, I am not taking you to task as to Paul not being as well know as the others, for that is true. However, do you know how many people (especially younger voters) you can walk up to and ask; WHO IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, and they don't know?

This same group, and others as well, don't know whom Condoleeza Rice is, General Petraeus, Moammar Khadafi, and so on.

He has a long way to go and that 2.5 Mill is nothing compared to what the front runners have raised. Now I am not saying you need a pile to run the race I think Fred Thompson could do it with less because of his name recongnition and his standing before he ever put his hat into the ring. Ron Paul does not have that luxery. Lots of folks Vote that never bother with a computer.so in that case Ron Paul is not reaching them at all.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 07:13:47 AM »
So Dee was there a reason for that cut and paste?   ??? Matt I agree look at Leno with his interviews which shows our education system is sorely lacking in this country we can thank the liberals for that instead of teaching the basics they fill kids heads with BS. GB I agree on your point on the signs what I was trying to say was that A lot of signs out there does not neccessarily mean there is the support the signs mean it does mean that who ever was putting the signs out did a good job and in my area while signs help it does not neccessarily mean that person is going to win. Unfortunately where I live it is a Demoncrat stronghold due to a strong union presence and you could have Republican Signs ten to one over the Demoncrat signs and the Demoncrat is going to win. It does not matter if they put in an Idiot for he Demoncrat spot he will still win (Usually the case here  ::) ::) ::))

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 07:40:13 AM »
Too bad the candidate's always wait until after the nomination to name their running mate. A Ron Paul/Tom Tancredo ticket, at least at this time would look promising. Oh Well, long time to go. Keep checking them out.-gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2007, 08:29:58 AM »
The $500,000 goal which was set for the completion of this quarter's donations to Ron Paul's campaign was too low and was met with more than 3 days to go,... so it's been upped to a million and is already approaching $720,000.

No,.. Ron Paul doesn't have the money that corporations donate to the candidates that they buy,... but Ron Paul has an army of 40,000 volunteers nationwide,... and he's got the support provided by the internet.

True freedom is a seductive concept,..... and Ron Paul is offering that to the American people,.. again.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 11:19:29 AM »
OK so your telling us Ron Paul has 40,002 supporters  ;D ;D ;D Not going to cut it. LOL  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 12:03:26 PM »
OK so your telling us Ron Paul has 40,002 supporters  ;D ;D ;D Not going to cut it. LOL  ;D ;D ;D

I'm sure he has at least 45,000 maybe even 50,000. You mean you don't think that's enough to get him elected? Me neither to be honest. :o I can't really see me supporting him or Fred at this point unless it came down to one of them in the final election. But being the pessimist I am I'm thinking that it's really not gonna matter who is elected. I think EXACTLY the same thing will happen regardless. None of them are really in charge once elected it's really their big money backers running the show and the same folks are hedging their bets with folks in both parties. That's why Bush has turned his back on America the way he has, it's not his decisions he's implementing but those of his handlers who are running the show behind the scences.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2007, 12:16:31 PM »
There's a lot of truth in that, greybeard,... but Ron Paul isn't getting a dime from the big money interests. All of his funding is coming in in small increments from the people.

As for the bankers, Ron Paul has a very long history of fighting for fiscal responsibility. Here he is taking Fed chairman Bernanke to task. It's worth 5 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8pLpI5rzKI

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2007, 12:24:35 PM »
I don't doubt what you say Fazak but is the reason he is not electable as a result. The one thing you can take to the bank is that whoever is elected will be hand picked by big money.  They support both parties more or less equally and support only the few candidates they are sure have some chance of winning. They are gambling a bit during the early stages of the primaries but as the list narrows toward the end they know where to put their money to do the most good and by election time there are then only two and they toss money to both and when the day finally arrives and we know the outcome both have been bought and paid for and are in the pockets of big money.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2007, 12:33:10 PM »
I don't doubt what you say Fazak but is the reason he is not electable as a result. The one thing you can take to the bank is that whoever is elected will be hand picked by big money.  They support both parties more or less equally and support only the few candidates they are sure have some chance of winning. They are gambling a bit during the early stages of the primaries but as the list narrows toward the end they know where to put their money to do the most good and by election time there are then only two and they toss money to both and when the day finally arrives and we know the outcome both have been bought and paid for and are in the pockets of big money.

But this time the people have a viable alternative,... and as hard as the big monied interests fight him,.. and as much as the media ignores him,.. his support is growing every day.

This much I know.

The country has turned against the war in Iraq,... 70% have had enough of it.

The next president will win with an anti war platform.

Ron Paul is the only pro 2nd amendment, anti war candidate out there in either party.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2007, 02:59:47 PM »
The next president will win with an anti war platform

I hope that is not true because if it is it will be a demoncrat then as Ron Paul does not stand a chance whether you like it or not.

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2007, 05:18:43 AM »
The next president will win with an anti war platform

I hope that is not true because if it is it will be a demoncrat then as Ron Paul does not stand a chance whether you like it or not.

Yes,.. it's true,... that's why I'm supporting Ron Paul.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2007, 06:34:33 AM »
What a waste of money.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2007, 06:59:54 AM »
What is Ron Pauls position on abortion? I have heard he is pro death.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2007, 07:16:03 AM »
What is Ron Pauls position on abortion? I have heard he is pro death.

You heard wrong.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2007, 07:30:51 AM »
Don't you think it's funny how two familys can run are country for 28 years?  The Bush family for 20 years then the clintons for eight.  Get ready for the clintons again .

Offline Beers

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2007, 07:32:24 AM »
Ron Paul has stated that he'd like to see Roe vs. Wade overturned. He believes that the federal government has no business making laws concerning the issue.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved for the States respectively, or to the people."