Author Topic: Ron Paul campaign raises $280,000 in 24 hours  (Read 2386 times)

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Ron Paul campaign raises $280,000 in 24 hours
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2007, 07:41:29 AM »
On the radio show Bennet in the morning the host stated Ron Paul was pro choice. I'm not saying his word is right but this was the first mention I have heard made about this Ron Paul guy outside the internet.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2007, 10:05:44 AM »
Ron Paul has stated that he'd like to see Roe vs. Wade overturned. He believes that the federal government has no business making laws concerning the issue.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved for the States respectively, or to the people."

Abraham Lincoln ended states rights.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Beers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2007, 10:19:48 AM »
I know, Ron Paul says he'd work to restore them.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2007, 10:44:31 AM »
So is there anything on Ron weather he is Pro Life or pro death? Like in his campaign platform.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Beers

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2007, 11:53:43 AM »
He's the only friggin' candidate that wants to pull out of this pointless war. Sounds pro-life to me.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2007, 12:04:21 PM »
Ridding the world of these subhuman vile animals, that call themselves muslims is not pointless. I'm not the kind of person who locks his doors and hides hoping the evil stays away.

Offline Beers

• Contributor
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2007, 12:13:53 PM »
Well, if that's what we were doing over there that might would be one thing....

However, all we've really managed to do overall is help the terrorists out. We've destabilized an entire nation, giving them comparatively free reign, as well as providing them with all the recruitment propaganda they could possibly ask for.

They are much stronger now than when we started. I'm not the kind of person who tries to put out fires with gasoline

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2007, 12:35:40 PM »
They are much stronger now than when we started. I'm not the kind of person who tries to put out fires with gasoline
  Thats debatable I think if they were as strong as you think we would have had more terrorist attacks here instead of there we are keeping them busy there which I would rather see than here.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Beers

• Contributor
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2007, 12:53:12 PM »
Unfortunately, so far it's cost us over 450 trillion dollars and over 3000 American lives just to "keep them busy".

If you want to stamp 'em out, fine. Do it... But this BS that's goin' on over there now needs to stop... just corporations and contractors lining their pockets at the GREAT expense of American Citizens.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2007, 01:01:59 PM »
   But my question about this Ron Paul guy was about abortion not Iraq. What is his position? Could some supporter here post a link on this? I guess his hide in the closet policie would be another reason I would not support him.

Offline Dee

« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2007, 01:35:05 PM »
Well, if that's what we were doing over there that might would be one thing....

However, all we've really managed to do overall is help the terrorists out. We've destabilized an entire nation, giving them comparatively free reign, as well as providing them with all the recruitment propaganda they could possibly ask for.

That is exacty RIGHT!.

Offline Dee

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2007, 01:39:44 PM »
   But my question about this Ron Paul guy was about abortion not Iraq. What is his position? Could some supporter here post a link on this? I guess his hide in the closet policie would be another reason I would not support him.

You say you don't know anything about him, but now you are accusing him of having a "hide in the closet policy" over one issue? ::) It would seem some look to criticize when they actually know nothing about the person their talking about. When this issue is cleared up about Mr. Paul, I am sure you will find another. :o

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2007, 03:03:05 PM »
Well is this Ron Paul guy pro life? Thats the question I been wondering about but people just keep avoiding the subject or they try chsnging it. Sounds like something suspicious!

Offline Beers

• Contributor
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2007, 03:51:21 PM »
Billy, no offense but if you wanted to know, you would. Perhaps I'm wrong on that, but... most people are aware of google. Pop Ron Paul and Abortion into google, and son of gun, the first thing that comes up is this:

http://www.ontheissues.org/TX/Ron_Paul.htm

Should answer pretty much any question you could have about Ron's policy positions.

Offline Dee

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2007, 04:47:58 PM »
Amazing when you actually TRY to find out something out for yourself isn't it Beers? :o Of course you can always set back and HOWL AT THE MOON, criticize people who do the research, and scream for someone to "FEED ME" THE INFORMATION. ::)
That's the trouble with our society. They're too lazy to ACTUALLY LOOK for something. ??? They had rather TAKE SOMEONE ELSE'S WORD FOR IT, and BELIEVE WHAT THE GOVERNMENT SAYS, rather than what over 70% of their "OWN COUNTRYMEN", and the "ENTIRE WORLD", has come to realize. ??? I mean, somehow, this handful of government knuckleheads running this country MUST BE right. Shouldn't they? :(

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2007, 04:51:30 PM »
A million dollars in 5 days from the PEOPLE!

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Timely article today:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/kwiatkowski/kwiatkowski192.html

We face a modern American state more overweening and dictatorial than even King George III could imagine, yet we have no declaration of independence, no privileged elite to demand it, no interested population to read and debate it. This time, our declaration will be made individually, every day, in calm desperate fearlessness, as we simply live free.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2007, 04:54:41 PM »
  Thanks for the link. It appears that this Ron Paul guy is kind of playing both sides of the baby killer issue. Says he voted against partial birth murder of babies but for allowing transport of minors to have their babies killed. Looks like a partial Pro death guy to me.

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2007, 04:59:35 PM »
 Thanks for the link. It appears that this Ron Paul guy is kind of playing both sides of the baby killer issue. Says he voted against partial birth murder of babies but for allowing transport of minors to have their babies killed. Looks like a partial Pro death guy to me.

You just don't understand the concept of a limited federal government,... and you probably never will.

Limiting the power of the federal government isn't a compilation of issues,... it IS the issue!

Some people get it,.. some don't,.. but the Ron Paul revolution is the only energy that's left in the tattered remnants of the Republican party,... and you have two choices,.. get on the bus or get prepared to have a Democrat in the White House.

That's just what it comes down to.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2007, 05:12:57 PM »
 First of all your bus is like one of those crippled ones you see in third world countries it is not never going to make it to the finish line. Second a million in 5 days is laughable as the big hitters make up to 3 to 5 million On ONE DINNER FUNDRAISER. Ron Paul is so far down in the pecking order he is never going to make it. Further more If most Americans are like me the word REVOLUTION is a turn off just using the word in a campaign would make me think the guy is a nutcase with out ever bothering to listen to him.

Dee wether you think Beers is right or wrong you accuse him of this: When this issue is cleared up about Mr. Paul, I am sure you will find another   yet Fazak does the same about Fred Thompson because he is scared that Fred Thompson is going to sink Ron Pauls ship yet you do not accuse Fazak about doing the same.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2007, 05:23:05 PM »
The GOP may nominate Fred,.. but it will only get them Hillary.

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2007, 05:25:00 PM »
The Ron Paul campaign is demonstrating the return of the government to the people.

It's truly a shame that some just can't appreciate that fact.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2007, 05:51:37 PM »
The GOP may nominate Fred,.. but it will only get them Hillary.

And you think Ron Paul will not?????????? First of all he will not get as far as Thompson will as Fred right out of the gate has had more momentum than Ron Paul has his whole Campaign. In fact Fred had more before he even said he was going to run. Second of all you keep hinting that Ron Paul would go third party if he does not get elected well that will put Hillary in office faster than any thing will.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2007, 05:59:17 PM »
The Ron Paul campaign is demonstrating the return of the government to the people.

IF and that is a BIG IF Ron Paul really was doing that then he would not need any huge amounts of money that he is trying to amass to run his campaign to compete he could run the old fashioned way out slapping palms and kissing babies with modest funds. If he also was doing that SOME ONE in the press would write up the story of a candidate running on old fashioned principles and who was WOWING the public. Guess what its not happening. No matter how much you wish it to happen the guy just does not have the momentum to beat the front runners. What makes it more tough is the Press is ignoring him like he has a social disease.

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2007, 06:05:16 PM »

What makes it more tough is the Press is ignoring him like he has a social disease.

Yeah,....they are,..... you need to think about that fact.

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2007, 06:39:17 PM »
That's the trouble with our society. They're too lazy to ACTUALLY LOOK for something. ??? They had rather TAKE SOMEONE ELSE'S WORD FOR IT, and BELIEVE WHAT THE GOVERNMENT SAYS

Dead on with that one you are Dee....  :o

Yes it truely is ...Some people are just to blind to see past the nose on their own face. :-\

You really dont get give the power back to the states do you...  ::)

What makes it more tough is the Press is ignoring him like he has a social disease.

And that is what made me check him out... if the media and big biz dont want him... he cant be all bad... And the fact that gun owners would betray their own rights and elect a man that has proven he dont care and will go where the money is... well just plain silly to me...
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2007, 06:48:18 PM »

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2007, 12:36:10 AM »
I'm sure Ron Paul is a fine man.  He isn't going to win and so that's is a mute point.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Dee

« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2007, 01:48:00 AM »
If Fred Thompson had not starred on a TV show which portrays guns as a "bad thing", he would not have  the "MOMENTUM RIGHT OUT OF THE GATES" jh45gun talks about.
Him just "doin his job" as a lobbyist, will bite everyone in the butt in the end, if he gets elected. I mean why support a doctor, when you can support an actor, lawyer, former lobbyist, against gun rights?
Why get on the "band wagon" for someone who's voting record is CLEAR, if one chooses to look, is for the gun owner, and the everyday American whom BELIEVES in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, when you can vote for a lawyer, turned lobbyist, turned politician, turned actor, turned politician AGAIN?
Instead lets criticize the Patriot (Paul) whom votes SECOND AMENDMENT, and PRO-CONSTITUTION-BILL OF RIGHTS, "every time", and tell his supporters their wasting their vote, and the actor will win.
With the job hopping Thompson has done, he CLEARLY dedicated himself to the almighty dollar, and the "issue" did not matter to him. He simply followed the dollars.
Paul on the other hand has stood up against congress and at times the President for his dedication to the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, often times alone, and still yet, some cannot see that Honesty and Dedication to these two documents is rare, and should be supported.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2007, 02:40:43 AM »
Because we don't want Hillary to win.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2007, 06:17:51 AM »
Fred is PRO GUN and has the RECORD TO PROVE IT. Dee lying about it does not become you!  YOU Three Musketeers blame every one here who does not support your poor choice for a candidate (Ron Paul) being blind to the facts yet you are just as guilty. FACE IT the cards are stacked against him and HE WILL NOT WIN!  >:(