Author Topic: Oh my,... look what's hit the news now  (Read 2714 times)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Re: Oh my,... look what's hit the news now
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2007, 12:00:52 PM »
I'm still gonna vote for Fred!
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2007, 01:00:54 PM »
I am, and I'm proud of the work I do, and person I am.  I believe in the constitution, and I believe in the rights it grants people.  I believe every American citizen should be advised of those rights. 

Of course he can claim to know more about me that I do, and you can decide for yourself. 

There are bad apples in every profession.  My brother is a lawyer and he does good, ethical work.  To categorize everyone in a given profession, in this case lawyers, is irresponsible.

What about public defenders?  They have to defend all types.  Does that make them scum?  I don't think so.

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2007, 01:37:31 PM »
its the new york times what do you expect? fair and balanced deffinatly not! whats with this. the lawyer will stand up for anyone basically unless they are a normal person type.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2007, 03:24:48 PM »
 So is this Ron Paul guy gonna beat Hillary? Come on now he can't even get more than a few percentage points in the primaries. We need to think realistically not some Utopian pipedream. Fred Thompson may or may not be able to beat Hillary but Ron Paul doesn't have the chance of the proverbial snowball.

Till there is a better candidate than Fred I'm supporting him no matter what that communist rag newspaper you guys are quoting says.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2007, 03:51:53 PM »
this Ron Paul guy wouldn't win Ralf Nader would get more votes. to be honest i didn't know who he was before this site he won't win or even have a chance its just the truth
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline deltecs

« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2007, 04:15:51 PM »
Wow, what controversy regarding the ethics of lawyers.  I've had to deal with lawyers on a daily basis before I retired as a Union Representative negotiating contracts, jurisdictional disputes, Davis Bacon issues, and a host of others.  Most, and I mean most, lawyers have proved to be quite ethical in my dealings with them.  However, the class of lawyers is probably as corrupt as any other blanket statement regarding ones occupation.  Big business CEO's like Exxons', WCI, etc, some labor union officials, insurance adjusters, judges, non profit orgs, hunters, and greenies, all have had corrupted officers at one time or another.  Just because the individual does unethical or unlawful actions within an organization is not reason enough to blame the entire occupations of these groups or their employers.  We, as Americans, are quick to forget until the media again brings enough dirt to our attention again.  All of us have our personal likes and dislikes.  I dislike liberals based on my personal convictions and application of logic.  Fred Thompson appears to me to be the only viable Republican running, who stands any chance of winning the 2008 Presidential election against the Demoncrats.  We will certainly need Divine providence, if the Dems control Congress and the White House at the same time again in our world today. 
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2007, 08:51:50 PM »
Watched a debate tonight  on TV.  From what I heard Ron Paul speaking, I think Nader and Forbs could beat him.  I get the impression he is not in touch with reallity.  Just my 2 cents.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2007, 01:41:47 AM »
Like i said before reminds me of Jimmy Carter
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2007, 05:42:18 AM »
Well glad to see that others here think Ron  Paul's Chances are nill and that myself and Magooch and Ironglow and NC are not the only ones to see things in this light. I feel Fred has a chance expecially since he had such good press and support even before he threw his hat in the ring. I think he answered a Plea saying "Save Us" as there were no other good candidates running on the Republican ticket. Expecially none that would have a chance of beating the Demoncrats. Thompson not only in my opinion has Republican Support but also I think may tap into the undecideded and those that were the type that voted for Reagan.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2007, 06:23:43 AM »
BTW! What are Ron Pauls veiws on abortion? Conservative? Will that get him the evangelical vote? I think not.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2007, 03:02:04 PM »
i don't see him as even having a chance at anything. he is in no polls if he is it is so far down that no one notices. its going to be between thompson and guninae

Rick

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2007, 05:42:46 PM »
i don't see him as even having a chance at anything. he is in no polls if he is it is so far down that no one notices. its going to be between thompson and guninae

Yea thats about what I figure too.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.