Author Topic: 44 AutoMag  (Read 618 times)

Offline alaskaman444

• Trade Count: (0)
44 AutoMag
« on: September 27, 2007, 05:40:37 PM »
I'm looking for a 44 Automag.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might find one for sale?  I'd appreciate any help on this.  Thanks

Offline jh45gun

Re: 44 AutoMag
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 06:14:26 PM »
Good luck I do not think there were that many made. The company had several starts and then they folded several times. Do you want one for collectability, Or a Mack Bolan fan, LOL  or just for the sake of a 44 mag semi auto. IF it was for the sake of a Semi Auto I would go with a 44 Desert Eagle that takes standard 44 mag ammo. Easier to find and a lot easier to get ammo as it is not a custom handloading issue.

http://www.magnumresearch.com/
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 03:32:04 AM »
I see one once in awhile around here in Ohio/Michigan at the gun shows. Usual price vary's, between $1500-$2500. Seen alot of them at the IHMSA match's in the early '80's. But that fell off pretty quickly, as it's such a pain to make brass for them. jh45gun is right, get a Desert Eagle if you want a semi auto in that caliber. Even that will run you around a grand. If you need a handgun for protection, I'm assuming that you live in Alaska, I'ld get a good double action .44,S&W,Ruger,Dan Wesson. Half the price, maybe 1 less shot. And alot more dependable than a semi-auto that might jam at the most inoportune time.  gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 05:30:32 AM »
Yep a revolver is less "Jam" Proof though I would have to say for a grand I would think it would be a pretty dependable gun. If your looking for "Bear" Protection my choice would be a Remington 870 with a 18.5 inch barrel with a extended magazine loaded with Slugs.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 04:26:40 PM »
Check your closest Sportsman's Warehouse.....they stock the Desert Eagle in .44........
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline muskeg13

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 08:37:04 PM »
While not a .44Automag, Alaska Frontier North in Wasilla, has a .475 Wildey Auto for sale.  They have had it for several months, and it was still there for sale today.  The Wildey was also offered in .44 Auto, but I don't know how hard it would be to convert a .475 to .44 Auto.

http://alaskafrontiernorth.com/handguns.html

http://www.wildeyguns.com/wildey.html