Author Topic: Thoughts on the sig p225  (Read 560 times)

Offline superdown

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
Thoughts on the sig p225
« on: October 04, 2007, 07:06:04 AM »
I posted this in the Sig forum but haven't gotten any info yet so i thought i would ask here. I couldn't find anything about it on the Sig website do they still make it ?  If not why ? Do any you guys or gals have one ? Whats the accuracy like ?  Thanks , Justin

Offline EDELWEISS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Thoughts on the sig p225
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 09:13:21 AM »
My department originally issued P226s to uniforms and P225 to detectives.  I bought a 225 for off duty while I was still in the academy, swapped the original sights for the same night sights on my 226 and was happy ever after.  Then we had to turn in our 226's for SIGPROs (2340) and like a fool I sold my 225.  Id go back to both the 226 and 225 in a heartbeat!  I dont think SIG still makes the 225 but Ive seen a few on auction sites.  The 239 is a bit smaller, but I still like the 225.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 10:35:26 AM »
I own several Sig's including the P225.  Mine is exceptionally accurate even with my old eyes.  The gun has always functioned flawless, and is often used as a carry gun.  The only down side, the limited number of rounds, but I corrected that somewhat by purchasing a 10 round mag, and also carry a 10 round mag from my P220 which will work in the 245. (the 245 mag will not work in the 220, too short)

I don't know if they still make them or not, but I assure you, if you can find one, you will be delighted with it.  In my opinion Sig is top of the line, and as I have said before, if my butt is ever again on the line, I hope I am packing a Sig.

Offline superdown

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 01:38:06 PM »
Thank you guys for prompt response's and information sounds like a very good pistol. what is the barrel length and how many rounds does a standard mag hold ? I personally feel fine with a six shot revolver so high capacity is non issue for me.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 02:14:48 PM »
i had a 225 and it is a well built gun ( an under statement ) , but i find it a big gun for the low round count , a glock is lighter and holds more not to mention smaller in many models . Other guns other than glock do the same . If you are LEO then it is of no concern if you show a little gun , but for us not LEO a gun that prints can get itself taken away !it ain't suppose to be seen ! so that is why i mention size !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline 257 roberts

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 03:05:28 AM »
I've had one for many years  and NEVER had a problem with it, it is my desk gun at work now.

Offline Blowtorch53

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 09:34:46 AM »
Hi Justin,

I have the 225 (P6) East German police version.  8 rounds or so is enough because it puts them in the center.  This is one of the most accurate 9MM's I have ever shot.  Good pricing on the mil-surp models too.

Regards,

DeWayne
"That God could and would if He were sought"

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 07:13:30 AM »
Presently, you can get this gun at a steal from CDNN, they list it at $299. (Used), or select (Like New) for $329.   Anyway you slice it that is a darn good buy for a Sig.  And as I have repeatedly said, They ain't pretty, but you just can't beat a Sig when the chips are down!