Author Topic: finally  (Read 555 times)

Offline bulzaye

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
  • How about them cowboys
finally
« on: October 06, 2007, 03:50:08 PM »
I took the oe muzzleloader to the range today along with my handi  243. I switched up everything with the oe. I got great groups at 100 yards with 80 grains of goex black powder a 200 grain shock wave and remington clean bore primers. at 100 yards it was about 1 1/2 inches to 2 inches. I am glad I had some holy black around as i use it in my new englander shotgun. In my area it is nearly impossible to find since the guy who ran the little shop passed away. I used the sabots that came with the shockwaves and surprisingly they loaded easier than the crush rib sabots I have been using. Muzzleloading season starts here next saturday the 13th. I feel confident now to go. The handi I had problems with but it was the rings I put on it. I could not get on paper. I put my boresighter on it and I saw so far to the left it was off the grid and ran out of adjustment before I got on the grid. I switched rings and put a set of high weaver quadlocks on it and bore sighted it. Back to the range tomorrow.
Deceased 4/26/08 RIP Bob.

A country boy can survive