Author Topic: Rings for CVA OE and 2-7x32 scope  (Read 353 times)

Offline Paleface

• Trade Count: (0)
Rings for CVA OE and 2-7x32 scope
« on: October 07, 2007, 08:34:37 AM »
Hey all. Got my weaver style scope base installed on the CVA OE (7mm-08). Just ordered a nikon monarch ucc 2-7x32 scope. Should get here in a week or so. I have been looking at rings and have a few questions. First, I have never mounted a scope before. All of my previous hunting has been muzzleloader with sights.

My goals are to have the least amount of problems and not damage the scope with the rings. Based on this I have concluded that the burris signature zee rings might be the way to go. From what I gather they don't need lapping and don't damage the scope with ring marks. It seems they run about 12 bucks more than the regular burris rings, no big deal. What is the deal with the inserts?

The lowest they come in is medium. Is this a good choice for my situation? Alternatives? I really would like to avoid lapping if possible. Is there a good alternative in a low ring set up? If I am off track, feel free to advise. Thanks for the help.

Offline bigdaddytacp

• Avid Poster
Re: Rings for CVA OE and 2-7x32 scope
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 09:04:02 AM »
Hey all. Got my weaver style scope base installed on the CVA OE (7mm-08). Just ordered a nikon monarch ucc 2-7x32 scope. Should get here in a week or so. I have been looking at rings and have a few questions. First, I have never mounted a scope before. All of my previous hunting has been muzzleloader with sights.

My goals are to have the least amount of problems and not damage the scope with the rings. Based on this I have concluded that the burris signature zee rings might be the way to go. From what I gather they don't need lapping and don't damage the scope with ring marks. It seems they run about 12 bucks more than the regular burris rings, no big deal. What is the deal with the inserts?

The lowest they come in is medium. Is this a good choice for my situation? Alternatives? I really would like to avoid lapping if possible. Is there a good alternative in a low ring set up? If I am off track, feel free to advise. Thanks for the help.
........That will be a great choice for your use...the rings with the inserts..Signature line....don't need lapping and the inserts protect the finish of the scope......just check to see that the rings slide on the bases easy BEFORE you put them on the scope and and don't tighten the rings on the base untill you get the scope in the rings...the inserts just sit in the concave inside of the rings and compress slightly on the scope body to hold the scope well.....recheck the screws after a few shots when you sight in the gun....don't go overboard on the torx ring screws..just good and finger tight with the long end of the included wrench in the screw and turn the short end of the wrench........wear the coat ect. that your hunt in and adjust the position of the scope front and backward to get you full view thru the scope holding the gun like you will in the field and tighten the scope there with the crosshairs looking straight to your eyes...read the instructions on how to get a clear crosshair view by just looking a few seconds at a blank area and then look off....eyes will adjust the reticle clear if you look for long......hth...good luck and good shooting!!

Offline Paleface

Re: Rings for CVA OE and 2-7x32 scope
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 03:56:57 PM »
Just wanted to say thanks for the insight, got the scope all mounted up, waiting to go and sight her in. The burris signature zee rings worked as advertised. Very happy with this setup. Working on posting pics.