Author Topic: hunting in york and lancaster counties in PA  (Read 391 times)

Offline 300winny

• Trade Count: (0)
hunting in york and lancaster counties in PA
« on: October 07, 2007, 10:14:34 AM »
Hi everyone, i may be relocating to york county in PA and was wondering if there is anyone who hunts or lives in these areas and might be able to give me some ideas as to where to go, deer population and land accessability i put this ? on the PA hunting section of this forum and got no results. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanx Bill

Offline LeeNJ

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: hunting in york and lancaster counties in PA
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 11:32:29 AM »
I know there are some hunters down in that neck of the woods on http://www.kountrylife.com/forum/wwwboard1.html
You might try over there. LeeNJ

Offline Scott G.

• Trade Count: (21)
Re: hunting in york and lancaster counties in PA
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 01:12:43 PM »
Try SGL 211. It stretches northeast from Harrisburg along the mountains. It is somewhere around 48,000 acres and has an old railroad bed running through the valleys. At the access points you get some pressure but walk down the railroad bed or top of the mountain a mile or so and you won't see anybody, especially after the first day. It is about 45 minutes north of Lancaster straight up RT 72 and probably 45-60 minutes from York up 81. You can also try Fort Indiantown Gap. This is an old Army base in the same area of SGL 211. Access is limited and you have to take a safety class but dear are plentiful. In the York area you can also check around Gettysburg. I don't know that area too well but I know the old battlefields are overrun with deer. I grew up in the Lebanon area just north of Lancaster so let me know if you have any other questions.
Scott
USAF Retired
NRA Life Member
RMEF Life Member

Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid---John Wayne