Author Topic: Fred Thompson, Ron Paul comparison  (Read 4383 times)

Offline Fazak

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Fred Thompson, Ron Paul comparison
« on: October 07, 2007, 09:34:40 PM »
Won't somebody give Fred some applause?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n70nDi4XRC8

Meanwhile,..Ron Paul plays to a capacity crowd in Nashville Saturday,... Fred Thompson's back yard,.. and they had to turn people away,.. no more room. Here's a pic.

Offline powderman

Re: Fred Thompson, Ron Paul comparison
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 03:33:00 AM »
tm7. I have nothing against Ron Paul, but the simple fact that you support him tells me that you see something that I don't, so I'll vote for Fred Thompson. POWDERMAN.  :o :o :o :o :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 05:47:06 AM »
powderman, there must be something a lot of people see in Ron Paul, and like you, I don't see it either. Just ask Texans about Ron Paul, they can't stand him. But I have to agree with you, Fred Thompson is who I am backing.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 05:53:21 AM »
It seems like those that support Ron Paul are damn near fanatical on the internet and that bothers me I am not a fan of fanatics.  ::)
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 07:41:58 AM »
It seems like those that support Ron Paul are damn near fanatical on the internet and that bothers me I am not a fan of fanatics.  ::)

Ron Paul is the only candidate running for the benefit of the people.

The rest are running to benefit the government.

The Ron Paul candidacy is building a huge amount of momentum,.. for good reason,.. and he's the only GOP candidate who has a chance of keeping Hillary out of the White House.

If you're interested in keeping the 2nd amendment viable, you need to get with the program. Ron Paul is the only hope the GOP has in 2008.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 07:54:52 AM »
Another Ross Perriou.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline ~Ace~

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
  • Over Educated Under Achiever
    • TN Predators.com
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 08:03:13 AM »
tm7. I have nothing against Ron Paul, but the simple fact that you support him tells me that you see something that I don't, so I'll vote for Fred Thompson. POWDERMAN.       

If you would Vote for a Lesser candidate just to Spite a faceless poster on a internet forum, You, Sir, are (not thinking straight. Edited by Graybeard for rules violation)

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 08:16:00 AM »
~Ace~ , no need to resort to name calling. Lets keep on the topic without making it a personal attack.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline ~Ace~

• Contributor
  • Over Educated Under Achiever
    • TN Predators.com
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 08:21:52 AM »
Just calling a Duck a Duck...

Offline MississippiRambo

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 08:25:41 AM »
~Ace~ , no need to resort to name calling. Lets keep on the topic without making it a personal attack.

Actually, powderman made the first attack.  It wasn't exactly name calling, but rather what was insinuated.  He drew first blood.  And, of course, (Yes indeed you did say it and I deleted it. You are getting off to a rather bad start for a new guy here. If you'd like to hang around very long you'll learn to follow the rules. Folks who don't follow the rules don't generally last very long here. Graybeard.)  So, there.  I said it. 

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 08:35:11 AM »
Nothing powderman said was name calling or insinuated. That is your perception, not reality. And as for name calling it is a rule here and I think you need to read them again if you plan on staying here long.

What you did was name calling. 6 posts and you are starting off on a bad foot.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline jhm

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 12:37:03 PM »
I for one had my mind made up BEFORE he announced I will support Fred Thompson, their I said IT!!!   JIM

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 01:48:38 PM »
( By fazak)and he's (Ron Paul)  the only GOP candidate who has a chance of keeping Hillary out of the White House.

You smoking something the rest of us are not??? He is never going to make the primary let alone the White House.

Offline Heavy C

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 03:43:44 PM »
No matter how much Ron Paul is crammed down our throats on the web it won't translate to votes, and more importantly the Republican ticket.

So far I'm liking Fred to be on the ticket.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 03:53:54 PM »
  I must admit I would vote for Ron Paul if he gets the nomination against the demoncrats but that aint gonna happen. There are several candidates I would prefer over him. If for some reason all the other candidates running on the Republican side either die or drop out. Ron might get on the ballot. Voting for him would be a lesser of 2 evils candidate. Now if Rudee Guliani gets on the ballot for the republicans I'm writing in my own name. Anyone want to be my VP?
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline powderman

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 04:15:08 PM »
BILLY. You bet I'd run with you. If Ron gets the nod, I'll vote for him over ANY dumcrap, but I support Fred.
ace. I attacked no one, just stated MY personal opinion. POWDERMAN.  :o :o :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 04:22:38 PM »
powderman, there must be something a lot of people see in Ron Paul, and like you, I don't see it either. Just ask Texans about Ron Paul, they can't stand him. But I have to agree with you, Fred Thompson is who I am backing.

That's odd that someone from Delaware would know so much about what Texans like and dis like. I'm from Texas (58 years), and I like Ron Paul, and for the record I am seeing MORE AND MORE Ron Paul bumper stickers down here. Fred Thompson? Just another actor, acting.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 05:27:27 PM »
Well You Boys may not like it but Paul is being ignored by the press and since they run the polls and the debates thats almost like a kiss of death. Fred's first debate is tomorrow and where did they put him? Right between Rudy and Mitt pretty good positioning considering he is a late comer. Dee, When Mondale ran for President he had lots of stickers in MN too but he did squat in other places.

Offline Casull

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 07:36:10 PM »
That's odd that someone from Delaware would know so much about what Texans like and dis like. I'm from Texas (58 years), and I like Ron Paul, and for the record I am seeing MORE AND MORE Ron Paul bumper stickers down here. Fred Thompson? Just another actor, acting.

Dee, I remember the last actor we had in the White House.   He was the first President that I was old enough to vote for (got my vote twice).  Hell yes, I'll be voting for Fred.   
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2007, 01:15:50 AM »

OK DEE you are a Texan and like Ron Paul. I have a lot of friends and family in Texas and I know a lot of people from Texas and they can't stand him. So yes a person from Delaware can know what a lot of Texan's are saying. Is that so hard for you to believe.  ::)  No where did I say everyone in Texas diliked him, there are a few of you that do....:D
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2007, 03:10:17 AM »

I was just responding to THIS post, of "JUST ASK TEXANS", that you know a "few people" in Texas does not surprise me, but not ALL TEXANS feel the way your family and friends feel.

As to whom you and the others vote for, is of no consequence to me. So "hell yes" vote for whom ever you want. This is America. It is amazing what some of you guys can read into a statement about bumper stickers. I said; I am seeing more of them lately. And I have ALREADY conceded that Paul's chances are NOT GOOD. But I still say Thompson is an actor I do not trust, that has catered to both sides of the fence. That he is a lawyer, just adds to my distrust.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2007, 06:01:32 AM »
Well my response was to you that even people in Delaware know things, you sounded as if, just because I was from Delaware I did not know anything. So I guess we both read into it more than we should of.  ;)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2007, 07:18:23 AM »

Fazak says that Ron Paul is probably the "only Republican that can keep Hillary out of the Whitehouse"...

I see it a bit differently..in the coming months Hitlary will be seen by many, for what she really is, and national security

will come to the forefront some of the "moderates" will desert her.. !

The race will be a tight one all the way to the wire and any of the Republicans can win...

However, that Republican will not be Ron Paul: but if Ron Paul then throws a hissy-fit 3rd party  campaign to bolster his ego;

He could be the one Republican that could put Hitlary INTO the Whitehouse !

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2007, 08:34:48 AM »
Well said Ironglow!
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2007, 08:45:59 AM »
This is sad , we are getting pissed at each other over a group of candidates that most consider the less of two evils !
I hope some other person sees the need and steps up ! Someone like Newt with a clean back ground ( yep DA__ hard to find ) .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2007, 10:49:44 AM »
  Unfortunately, some did step up with a sterling record, right on about everything...and the public did not seem interested..

Check out Duncan Hunter..

We should all keep in mind though..any of the Republicans that get the final nod, even if it were Ron Paul ...would be miles ahead of the best the Democrats can offer !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2007, 11:28:00 AM »
Ron Paul is doing a great job of helping Hillary become president.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2007, 08:52:18 PM »
It took me a lot of years to realize, there is NO lesser of two evils! Evil is simply evil.
Ron Paul is the only decent person in the race, and because of that he has NO chance of winning the office.
If Hillary should be the next commander in thief, it will be because the GOP has chosen one of the losers to run against her.
Look at the voting records of these vermin and you will see little differences in the two parties. They talk a little different, but vote the same. Ron Paul is the ONLY one running, that votes the constitution. Google it up, and see for yourself. So! We the Sheeple of this once REPUBLIC, will see either Hillary, Obama, Romney, or Gagliani as our next so called leader, and it won't make a nickels worth of difference who it is!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2007, 11:55:24 PM »
Fred has a good public record and he's a regular guy.  Anyone who states publically that our gun rights are God given (as Fred did)has my vote already.  Vote for Hillary if you like.  I won't.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2007, 01:25:04 AM »
  There are some candidates with good, conservative credentials whom we could all back !

Why not back them, rather than someone that irritates many of the posters here..Fred seems good, Duncan Hunter is sterling on gun rights, illegal immigration, lowering taxes, military and traditional values.

As far as I can see, Mike Huckabee is more acceptable than the liberal wing..

So why dear gun owner friends, do these candidates seem to be ignored ?

Just wondering....