Author Topic: There getting us ready for the next war.  (Read 739 times)

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
There getting us ready for the next war.
« on: October 11, 2007, 12:39:05 PM »
Exercise Vigilant Shield ’08 slated for October

Click to download the VS-08 Fact Sheet

August 30, 2007

PETERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Colo. – North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Northern Command along with U.S. Pacific Command, the Department of Homeland Security as well as local, state and other federal responders will exercise their response abilities against a variety of potential threats during Exercise Vigilant Shield ‘08, a Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff-designated, North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) and U.S. Northern Command (USNORTHCOM)-sponsored, and U.S. Joint Forces Command-supported Department of Defense exercise for homeland defense and defense support of civil authorities missions.

VS-08 will be conducted concurrent with Top Officials 4 (TOPOFF 4), the nation’s premier exercise of terrorism preparedness sponsored by the Department of Homeland Security, and several other linked exercises as part of the National Level Exercise 1-08.  These linked exercises will take place October 15-20 and are being conducted throughout the United States and in conjunction with several partner nations including Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom, as well as the Territory of Guam.

VS-08 and National Level Exercise 1-08 will provide local, state, tribal, interagency, Department of Defense, and non-governmental organizations and agencies involved in homeland security and homeland defense the opportunity to participate in a full range of exercise scenarios that will better prepare participants to prevent and respond to national crises.  The participating organizations will conduct a multi-layered, civilian-led response to a national crisis.

USNORTHCOM’s primary exercise venues for VS-08 include locations in Oregon, Arizona and a cooperative venue with USPACOM in the Territory of Guam.  NORAD’s aerospace detection and defense events will take place across all the exercise venues, to exercise the ability to mobilize resources for aerospace defense, aerospace control, maritime warning, and coordination of air operations in a disaster area.

-30-

NOTE FOR MEDIA ORGANIZATIONS: For more information on the exercise or for potential media coverage during the exercise, please contact Mr. Michael Kucharek or Lt. Cmdr. Gary Ross at the NORAD and USNORTHCOM Public Affairs Office, 719-554-6889.

Click to download the VS-08 Fact Sheet

Back

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: There getting us ready for the next war.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 04:49:01 AM »
   MS;

What "next war" ?

News flash ! We are involved in a "continuing war on terror" ...

All the top intelligence agencies world wide realize and have stated that we are in a continuing struggle.

Those idiot radical branch of Muslims have been at war with everything west of them for 4,000 years !  It has only been in recent decades that oil money has fueled their plans, that they have become dangerous.

In the 1970s with Pres Carter allowing the Ayatollah Khomeni and his evil followers to take over Iran were they able to begin an effective warfare against the west, starting with the kidnapping and imprisonment of the American embassy personnel..

Their oiffensive continued on through the 90s.. 

The west did little or nothing in retribution after numerous assaults during the 90s, so when the twin towers were hit the aggression could no longer be ignored..

When the President climbed aboard that destroyed fire engine at ground zero, he said we would be involved in  war against terror for decades, even generations ( actually, anyone with any brain power could see that fact without being so told)..but he did tell us !

So...just what part of that message did some of us not hear ?

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 08:58:44 AM »
TM7 you need to get a grip these Conspiracy ideas just don't cut it.  ::)
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 12:57:10 PM »
That Nuke armed airplane was well documented when it came out. Just because I do not agree with some of your half baked ideas does not make me wrong. Like I said you moderate the site.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline FourBee

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 02:13:25 PM »
TM7
  Where did you get this info for your post  - " The Israeli secret raid on Syrian sites near the Turkish border, " ?

I've been watching Syria's build up with Russia's restored naval base , and China has several hundred soldiers working on Launch Pads in the northern parts of Syria, but haven't heard of this raid. 

The next war may be fought without our presence.

Enjoy your rights to keep and bear arms.

Offline Dusty Miller

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 02:28:30 PM »
WATCH OUT!! Its them black heliocopeters again!! ;)
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 03:12:24 PM »
The escalation of the 'global war' may be handed off to the Bushes friends, the Clintons. Hillary is actually a stealthy hawk and a CFRer of the right wing, the wing Brezinski warned about.  At this point six people (military) have died who were connected with last month's B-52 incident, that would be the B-52 fying from S. Dakota to Louisiana with six nuclear armed cruise missiles. Only reportedly one of these bombs is still unaccounted for. Thankfully, there were higher ups in the military who apparently followed their oaths. The Kennebunk papers issued just a few days before this incident that circulated around the world helped to correct something, too. The Israeli secret raid on Syrian sites near the Turkish border, ostensibly on nuclear facilities, was tied in to this whole caper, only Iran, India, Pakistan, Thailand did not report radiation plumes from the attack!

...TM7

"A stealthy hawk & a CFRer of the right wing, the wing Brezinski warned about".   Oh, that right wing.  ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Nothing "right" about her, but thanks for the post, it is one of the funniest things I have seen in quite some time, the woman is a Maoist & a left as possible. You have made my weekend!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 05:02:52 PM »
  So do you mean like WW 1 and WW 2? WT 1 is over now and WT 2 is going to break out at any time? The war on terror started long ago. I was not started by any of these silly made up conspiracies, it was started by MUSLIMS. We need to concentrate on the real enemy MUSLIMS and forget the fantacies. The war on terror will not end until people realize that it is the MUSLIMS causing all the trouble and are eradicated like the vermin they are.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 01:52:47 AM »

Ditto, Billy !

That war on anything other than "Muhammad's own" started many centuries ago and has waxed and waned according to the Muslims' ability (read wealth)
   to prosecute the conflict.
  They had been held in check for many years simply because they were not wealthy enough to start a war..with the oil money and now that the sultans, sheiks and royal
  families have fairly well sated their greed..they can turn back to the old struggle..

The best and probably only reason we should strive for "energy independence"..Algore's "peace prize"..ROFLOL ..notwithstanding..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 01:56:34 AM »
They have meds for paranoia.  The real threats are much more obvious.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 08:49:55 AM »
As long as the "conspiracy" is killing muslims I'm with it.

99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 09:12:04 AM »
TM7;
  Perhaps you had better check the facts, which are all over the news.

Turkey is not angry over "air space" ! We already have permission to use their airspace.

The Turks are upset over a Democrat led effort to brand Turkey a "terrorist state"

The Democrats may be stupid, but not THAT stupid..they know full well that branding Turkey

a terrorist state may well upset and put in jeopardy our troops efforts in Iraq ! They

also know that if Turkey does get entangled in Kurdish Iraq, that could set back the war as well as get more American troops killed.

So what do the Democrats care, as long as they can mess over Bush and perhaps get the

coming election going their way !

So more American troops die;..Democrats may gain some power !

www.redstate.com/blogs/paulseale/2007/oct/11/are_democrats_using_turkey_to_slow_bleed_the_iraq_war_effort

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 03:49:22 PM »
The escalation of the 'global war' may be handed off to the Bushes friends, the Clintons. Hillary is actually a stealthy hawk and a CFRer of the right wing, the wing Brezinski warned about.  At this point six people (military) have died who were connected with last month's B-52 incident, that would be the B-52 fying from S. Dakota to Louisiana with six nuclear armed cruise missiles. Only reportedly one of these bombs is still unaccounted for. Thankfully, there were higher ups in the military who apparently followed their oaths. The Kennebunk papers issued just a few days before this incident that circulated around the world helped to correct something, too. The Israeli secret raid on Syrian sites near the Turkish border, ostensibly on nuclear facilities, was tied in to this whole caper, only Iran, India, Pakistan, Thailand did not report radiation plumes from the attack!

...TM7

"A stealthy hawk & a CFRer of the right wing, the wing Brezinski warned about".   Oh, that right wing.  ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Nothing "right" about her, but thanks for the post, it is one of the funniest things I have seen in quite some time, the woman is a Maoist & a left as possible. You have made my weekend!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Happy for you that you are easily amused.. ;D. But keep in mind that when the Eagle flies it has a Left and Right wings...which are controlled by the 'Head'.

...TM7

Sure, she's a regular John Burcher.  ::)
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.