Author Topic: 14 year old with gun collection  (Read 644 times)

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
14 year old with gun collection
« on: October 12, 2007, 07:08:42 AM »
Caught this on the news last night. First on Nancy Grace, who is a nut case anyway. Boy was she making a big deal about the 14 year old in Pa. and his gun collection. Wanted to do another Columbine. Then turned on Fox and got the real story. All the guns that were on display that was confiscated,except for 2/3 were air guns. Just once in awhile I'd like to get the news with a little truth to it.  gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: 14 year old with gun collection
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 08:53:54 AM »
Hell most Teens have guns if they hunt or just plain target shoot and from what I heard on the news he had all airguns except for a 9mm carbine. What concerns me is the fact that he was making grenades and knew how. For that his parents should get busted I do not care what anyone says parents need and have to keep an eye on their kids and know what they are doing. Considering the kid was doing what he was doing tells me his parents pretty much ignored him and he was one looking for attention and two trying to get it anyway he could.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 09:41:36 AM »
Couldn't agree more.  Although the news called that 9mm carbine an assault rifle.  I heard earlier today that the kid's mom was arrested today.

It is truly a shame that parents have not taught their children to deal with emotions in other ways. 

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 12:14:38 PM »
Shrill, idiotic Nancy Grace just parroted what all the other newsies got wrong.  There was only one real gun in the whole pile-the 9mm rifle.  The rest were air guns and fakes.  There were the dumb cops standing around looking serious like they had just captured OBL and the 40 thieves. 

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 02:13:15 PM »
The picture looks impressive and that's all the cops care about.  It made a good looking feather in the cap of the cops.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 02:42:56 PM »
I'm not sure all the facts are out yet.......
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 03:03:15 PM »
you know nancy grace makes a mistake when shes on and the next day shes imbarrsed and isn't on but the next she is. but i know one time she said that they had a semi auto matic bolt action .22 gage. and i busted out lauging. but as far as the gun things go the boy was nuts and i don't know what his mother was thinking buying him the semi auto 9mm rifle. i have one just like they said a hi point firearms made. its a good little gun with fmj bullets otherwides it won't function. he needed help and if his mother couldn't see that then she must be a nut case.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 11:10:29 AM »
I had a gun collection at 12.
Growing up in rural  Arkansas in the 50's, I had a 22 rifle for squirrels and varmints, A single shot 20 Ga. for Duck, Rabbit  and Quail, and a Daisy Red Rider, for Indians........LOL!

I also had a loving and caring Dad, that would have kicked my A- - if I had betrayed his trust with them.
We had Bullies back then and mean teachers, and we never had a thought about shooting them.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 11:26:21 AM »
I had a gun collection at 12.
Growing up in rural  Arkansas in the 50's, I had a 22 rifle for squirrels and varmints, A single shot 20 Ga. for Duck, Rabbit  and Quail, and a Daisy Red Rider, for Indians........LOL!

I also had a loving and caring Dad, that would have kicked my A- - if I had betrayed his trust with them.
We had Bullies back then and mean teachers, and we never had a thought about shooting them.

I think that's the real question. I never even considered shooting anyone, so where do these ideas come from? Can you really blame it on movies or videos, or fatherless families. The columbine kids had apparently normal family lives so what made them turn psychotic? I think a lot of it stems from us not being able to discipline our kids without dcfs showing up. Granted there are a lot of abused kids that need help but when you start banning spanking like Sweden ( I think it was Sweden). You are raising a whole generation of kids that think they can get away with anything without repercussions. There is a big difference between abuse and a swat on the rear when you do something wrong, and any parent knows that "This is going to hurt me more than it hurts you" line is true. No one enjoys spanking their children but if you want to instill a sense of right and wrong in them they need to know if they do something wrong bad things will happen.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 12:01:03 PM »
My understanding of the 9MM was that he no ammo for it. Only heard it once on the radio. Do not know if is true, but they are not letting that news out very much. Mom's are the last place to look for judgment of a boy when it is their own. They only see the good no matter what they are really like. Jeffery Dolmer's mom thought he was still a good boy and was worth saving from death. She had to know that he was torturing animals and such when he was kid. Very disturbed and yet he was a "good" boy. I suspect she did not recognize the dark side at all. I think the same thing happened in this case, she can not see the dark side.

I had a Daisy pump when I was 7, a single shot 20 guage (Stevens) at 10 and a single shot 22 (Mossberg) at 11 years of age. Of course I could not take them out without my dad's supervision until I got to be about 14 or 15. Kids brains are not thinking straight yet, they can't help it, it just the way it is. They are intelligent, sometimes mighty intelligent. Still, they do not think things through to a conclusion.They only are thinking of what they want to do now. My dad preached over and over, that once you pull the trigger there is no going back. I heard him and understood him, I thought. I never really understood until I got older. I never did think about shooting someone, let alone plan it. There were other ways of dealing with the bullies of life. It has served me well in my adult life. I used my guns for killing cans, black birds and when I was real lucky...big game - rabbits, squirrels and such.
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 02:41:29 PM »
Like most of you, I had a small arsenal while growing up, I had a German Luger, a couple of .22s, and a couple of shotguns, but the truth of the matter is, I didn't OWN a single gun, they all belonged to my father, but he let me use them, and call them mine.

I suspect that may be the case here, can a 14 year old legally own, or buy, a firearm?  In most states the answer is no.  His mother bought the guns, so legally they are hers.  Can she be convicted for allowing him to say they were his?  Maybe she can be held responsible for allowing access to the guns without supervision, but I really don't think the case will hold water, especially if she can afford a lawyer.  JMHO.

Offline RaySendero

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 02:46:01 PM »
I'm not sure all the facts are out yet.......

Bet you are right......but the political shock effect of the pics is done.

Ya think any retractions/corrections even if offered will get any coverage?
    Ray

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 03:34:15 PM »
LaOtto:  that is correct about the 9mm - no ammo anywhere, school or home.  The rest of the 'collection' is a bunch of air-guns.

The mother was arrested, I think, for the straw purchase of the 9mm.  She purchased it and gave it to him. 

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 03:37:26 PM »
Ray, I think the answer to your question is no.  Especially since it involved guns and we just had another school shooting.