Author Topic: Nero Startsmart  (Read 952 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Nero Startsmart
« on: October 14, 2007, 03:31:22 PM »
I only have experience burning videos to dvd through Nero Smartstart. For me to burn a normal length movie to dvd it take like 10 or 11 hours. During this time my computer runs really slow. This seems like an excessive amount of time to burn a disc. Am I wrong? should it take less time? Like I have said I only have experience with Nero and was wondering if there were disc burning programs that take less time? Thanks Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (69)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Nero Startsmart
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 07:18:48 AM »
I haven't burned any DVDs yet, but my brother in law does.  I am not sure what software he uses and I pass along some information that he gave me.  He video taped my daughter's wedding & reception and then burned it to DVD for them.  He said the amount of computer memory and the speed of the hard drive made the biggest difference in how long it would take to burn.  I think the final DVD was only about 35 to 45 minutes long and he said that it took about 3 to 4 hours to burn the first one.  Then he would copy it for additional copies.  He said that he started by using an external/USB2 hard drive that was dedicated to video processing and the time it took was more than double what it was from the internal hard drive.  Also make sure you keep the drive clean and defragmented.
"IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!"

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 07:24:39 AM »
I believe how long it takes has more to do with your computer's capabilities and the speed of your DVD Burner than the program you are using to burn them.

The original CD burner was a super slow thing and all since have had some number of Xs in the description that being how much faster it was than the original rated as ONE. The Acer in my old computer is a 40X. I honestly dunno what the heck my new computer has in it but it has a pair of DVD/CD burners in it. How large that number in front of the Xs is determines your max burn speed and your computer's processor and RAM also plays into it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 12:53:09 PM »
Thanks for the information guy's. I think I will just have to deal with it for now. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!