Author Topic: slug trails  (Read 488 times)

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
slug trails
« on: October 14, 2007, 03:47:02 PM »
I have been tinkering with slugs lately just to see where each shotgun shoots  My tracker 20 ga. is shooting brenneke heavy short mag dead on [never got into sabots]It is what I'll deer hunt with. I have been taking an other shot gun and slugs to try when I go to the club to shoot just to see  witch ones could be used with slug in a jam.  except for the tracker II I shoot at forty yards results so far are: m-6 scout have tried brenneke,federal, winchester both 1/5 and 1/4 slugs If I have to kill a deer to survive I'll shoot it in the head with the 22.... N.E.F. 16 ga:  remington slug 6" group low and left  but usable Now for the plesant suprise I have a n.e.f. 12 ga. 24" barrel full choke  complete camo barrel and all  this gun shoot a serious full choke pattern  5 shots winchester walmart cheap slugs  4" group at point of aim  just to make sure I backed up 10 steps and did it again  this was all ready my go to shotgun  but this just make it better  still have  3 more n.e.f.'s to try 26" full choke 410,  26"mod choke 20 and 32" mod 10 ga.  I am also playing with a .490 r.b. out of  a shot cup in a 28 ga.
Roy
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier