Author Topic: Microstamping  (Read 3047 times)

Offline tomzuki

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Microstamping
« on: October 15, 2007, 07:51:43 AM »
Well, the Govanator pulled the trigger in the Micro stamping Bill.  Now all semi-autos will have to have this feature.  You may not care if you don't live here, but you might if it effects the price of a handgun everywhere! Why don't we just keep a data file of every ones DNA and fingerprints just in case they commit a crime???  Maybe we could imprint your tires in case your ever in a accident??  I'm sick and tired of these "Do Gooders" meddling into everyone else's lives....... Again, you may not care, but they're com'in at ya.
Tomzuki

Offline ~Ace~

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
  • Over Educated Under Achiever
    • TN Predators.com
Re: Microstamping
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 08:05:18 AM »
Why don't we just keep a data file of every ones DNA and fingerprints just in case they commit a crime???

Lol, they already do, and you would be Very suprised to learn just how good the chances are that your Already in the Database

Onstar and others like it are taking care of the accident thing... And they know Excatly where the vehical is at all times...

Offline Castaway

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 08:53:15 AM »
Please explain microstamping.  I'm assuming the boltface stamps the cartrige head with a unique number but am not sure how California plans to do it.  How is it managed if one replaces the slide?

Offline Dusty Miller

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 03:44:52 PM »
If anybody had any lingering doubts about whether or not our fine governor is a RINO should now have the whole thing clarified for him/her.
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline tomzuki

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 09:33:40 AM »
Castaway, Microstamping is the theory that if every semi-auto imprints an identifying number on empty cases ejected, a crime can be solved.

My problem with it is that the technology does not exist, gun manufacturers will have to invent it and if I wanted to commit a gun crime what would stop me from leaving someone elses microstamped cases??  You could easily collect other brass from the range.

These political dopes may just want to stop handgun purchases altogether...........  Where's the NRA??  Where's all the other gun rights organizations.  We're abandoned here in Kali-Fornia.
Tomzuki

Offline corbanzo

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 10:06:37 AM »
Kalifornia is choking so much (blue) that they are almost beyond the help of even the largest organizations.  I personally believe that microstamping is stupid.  It ain't that hard to pick up your brass.  No evidence.  And it isn't really going to make gun prices everywhere go up.  Here is the thing.. if you look at major gun manufacturers, most of them have a little label on their descriptions saying whether it is Kalifornia approved or not. 

So they aren't going to start making all products so they can sell them all over.  They are going to start making more expensive "kalifornia approved" products for kalifornia, and keep the rest as they should be.  So really, californians are getting screwed, I mean not like they haven't been getting screwed when it comes to gun laws always... but once again.
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."

Offline ~Ace~

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
  • Over Educated Under Achiever
    • TN Predators.com
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 10:23:28 AM »
This is Back Door Gun Control... Make Stupid laws that force Gun Makers to charge WAY to much for the weapon, and less people will buy them, Many manufacturers will not even Try to comply, and just Quit selling to that country.. Exactly what they want !

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 10:59:04 AM »
The technology to do this DOES NOT EXIST today and the manufacturers have already so stated. I do not believe the California market is large enough to justify the expense of trying to come up with the technology. What I expect to happen is the gun makers will just abandown California. What I don't understand is why the heck you gun owners haven't already done so.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline dakotashooter2

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 11:11:02 AM »
What are the CA LEO's gonna do when the new microstamp guns are not available when it comes time to upgrade?     Guess the bad guys will just switch to revolvers (no brass left behind). :o :o
Just another worthless opinion!!

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 11:20:09 AM »
Graybeard is correct; the technology to do this does not exist.  New Jersey, I believe, has the requirement on their books that 'when the technology becomes industry available' they will try and put in place the law, or a law, requiring microstamping.

Ace - I agree with you on the backdoor legislation attempts but not on the dna database.  Fingerprints, yes.  Anyone who has ever been printed for any sort of a background check is in the fingerprint database.  Not so with dna unless you have willfully given a sample and then you are included in the same data base as convicted felons, rapists and child molestors and I wouldn't want my name associated with any of that crowd.  I do not believe routine urine samples for regularly scheduled drug tests are included in the samples for dna testing.  JMTCW.  Mikey.

Offline jhm

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 03:26:30 AM »
Its a simple salution!!!  The FILM Industry in California will just have to write in a new scene on ALL their movies showing the bad guys picking up their spent brass, after-all it all goes straight up in the air, by the way they are holding the weapon it should all be in a neat little pile at their feet.   But seriously I get a real kick out of some of the residents in california, if its DRY they want the rest of the country to subsidize them for their lost oranges and other vegetables, If its raining too much and they loose a few houses due to mud slides they want the rest of the country to bail them out, If they have too much smpg due to the 6 lanes of traffic sitting at a standstill on the interstates with 0ne person in each car and alot of them work at the same facility they want the auto manufacturers to build all the cars to relieve their own problem making all car purchasers pay, they keep voting in the kind of people they want and then when they turn out to be not what they really wanted the holler and want the rest of the country to help them out, after-all its a state problem not the countries, now I know I steped on some toes but it wasnt ment to be for all but to be read by all in california who might know someone who voted for what they got, just tell them to quit complaining you got what you asked for.   JIM

Offline bub524

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Contributor
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 02:10:06 AM »
This is the height of irony in my estimation. This is a headline from CNN on Thursday 10-18-07 from one of the strictest gun law states we have. Why anyone wants to live with all those crazy people is beyond me.

"San Francisco City health officials took steps Thursday toward opening the nation’s first legal safe-injection room, where addicts could shoot up heroin, cocaine and other drugs under the supervision of nurses."
Funded by the taxpayers!!!!!!!!!
Take away guns but encourage public funded substance abuse!!!!!!!
"Outside of a dog, a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." G. Marx

Offline bub524

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Contributor
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 01:39:40 AM »
Its a simple salution!!!  The FILM Industry in California will just have to write in a new scene on ALL their movies showing the bad guys picking up their spent brass, after-all it all goes straight up in the air, by the way they are holding the weapon it should all be in a neat little pile at their feet.   But seriously I get a real kick out of some of the residents in california, if its DRY they want the rest of the country to subsidize them for their lost oranges and other vegetables, If its raining too much and they loose a few houses due to mud slides they want the rest of the country to bail them out, If they have too much smpg due to the 6 lanes of traffic sitting at a standstill on the interstates with 0ne person in each car and alot of them work at the same facility they want the auto manufacturers to build all the cars to relieve their own problem making all car purchasers pay, they keep voting in the kind of people they want and then when they turn out to be not what they really wanted the holler and want the rest of the country to help them out, after-all its a state problem not the countries, now I know I steped on some toes but it wasnt ment to be for all but to be read by all in california who might know someone who voted for what they got, just tell them to quit complaining you got what you asked for.   JIM

Just another California OXYMORON. They keep making the horse sweat they call wine by the millions of gallons, go on TV about the wonderful and rich winemakers, but they want the Great Lakes States to pipe them water because there is a shortage. DUH.
Okay enough rants, I'm getting way of topic, sorry.
"Outside of a dog, a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." G. Marx

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 02:07:17 AM »
How about the greedy Kalifornia farmers wanting to intimidate migrant workers to harvest their crops with in danger range of the fires going on out there?
"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
Life member of NRA, USPSA,ISRA
AF&AM #294
LIUNA #996 for the past 34 years/now retired!

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007, 03:12:51 AM »
Castaway, Microstamping is the theory that if every semi-auto imprints an identifying number on empty cases ejected, a crime can be solved.

My problem with it is that the technology does not exist, gun manufacturers will have to invent it and if I wanted to commit a gun crime what would stop me from leaving someone elses microstamped cases??  You could easily collect other brass from the range.

These political dopes may just want to stop handgun purchases altogether...........  Where's the NRA??  Where's all the other gun rights organizations.  We're abandoned here in Kali-Fornia.

The NRA or any other organization can't help you as long as you all keep electing the people you have making all there stupid California laws you all have there. I think all you gun owners need to move out of California and we put a fence around it and let them self destruct on there own. New Jersey is no better, if either of these States fell into the Ocean I am sure we would not miss them.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Chris

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2007, 04:50:17 PM »
Guys, you sure are hard on California and apparently ALL of those who live here.  Believe me, we're not all wackos...cut us some slack.  I know, give me the name of your state and I bet it won't take long to for me find a few things you'd rather forget...huh?

Should I be embarrassed I live in a state that's the worlds fifth largest economy?  Should I poo poo the fact live within hours of the Redwood & Sequoia forests, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Lassen Park, Napa Valley and the NorCal coast.  I lived in CA, AR, MD, AL, NJ, OK, VA and passed through or spent a lot of time in other states...and I've taken a few good memories and a few bad memories with me when I left.  Sure, I really WISH my second amendment rights weren't under constant assault (as yours are too friends), but the quality of my life and where I live is second to none.

...Chris
"An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike!" Spiro Agnew

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 10:29:18 AM »
Guys, you sure are hard on California and apparently ALL of those who live here.  Believe me, we're not all wackos...cut us some slack.  I know, give me the name of your state and I bet it won't take long to for me find a few things you'd rather forget...huh?

Should I be embarrassed I live in a state that's the worlds fifth largest economy?  Should I poo poo the fact live within hours of the Redwood & Sequoia forests, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Lassen Park, Napa Valley and the NorCal coast.  I lived in CA, AR, MD, AL, NJ, OK, VA and passed through or spent a lot of time in other states...and I've taken a few good memories and a few bad memories with me when I left.  Sure, I really WISH my second amendment rights weren't under constant assault (as yours are too friends), but the quality of my life and where I live is second to none.

...Chris

I am glad you are happy with your State. But that does not take from the fact it is the biggest anti-gun State in the Union. No where did anyone say you are a bunch of wackos, that is just your perception. We are talking about your elected leaders, and if you voted for them, well I guess you can take offense to it and should reconsider who you vote for.   ;)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 06:30:12 PM »
To Chris, and anybody who wants to make a change. Let me tell ya what we do here in Ohio. I started riding Harley's in 1971. In Ohio, we had a helmet law at that time.In 1976, the bikers here in Ohio staged just 2 protest rally's. Both times we tied up Columbus for hours. 8,000 to 10,000 bikers standing at the state capital steps, made a big difference. We did it again about 18 or 19  years ago for some gun laws. The OGCA use to hold their gun shows in downtown Columbus, at a place called Veterans Memorial Coliseum. There was about 5,000 to 6,000 people went on that march.
Try and get something going to protest asinine gun laws. I don't care how big Arnold's muscle's are, he'll be squirting brown stuff if 10,000 of ya show up at his front door. Protest march's don't just work for the minority's. You'ld be surprised how a bunch of real honest to god, tax paying voters can make a change.- gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2007, 02:14:06 AM »
Illinois doesn't have a helmet law but, federal hi-way money is withheld because we don't enact one? I've rode Harley's for most of my life, started on a BSA 250 Scrambler at 16. Now I'm 59 and still riding iron horses. Our local(Heartland) ABATE motto is "Let Those Who Ride, Decide". Politicians aren't going to do that, for sure.
AF&AM #294

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2007, 03:58:46 AM »
The federal govt. tried to blackmail our state the same way. Said, you can't get rid of the helmet law, we'll with hold highway funds. Except our state pays more into the federal fund, than it receives. So the governor at that time, Jim Rhodes, said, nay, we'll just keep our money, since we get back less than we put in. I don't need a bunch of bikers messing up the capitol. It ended up, he called their bluff. We still don't have a helmet law, and the fed's get their money, as that's all they want anyway. You just need a governor with a set of kahuna's. (by the way, he was Republican, and the president was Carter, maybe that explains it)  -gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2007, 04:32:33 AM »
Yea, but we have Blogo? He's anti everything except Daley, Chicago, and Cook county. ???  :'( :o
AF&AM #294

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2007, 04:59:34 AM »
Got to ask , if the bad guys steal the guns in the first place why do they care about the brass ?
On-star , now you get it , even if you don't care to have it !
don't forget cell phones ! our company has GPS phones , we can turn the GPS feature on from the office even if the user turns it off !
and how about the cameras every where ?
Hell if they take DNA it might save us millions on all the other invasion we pay to have done to ourselves !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline 454Puma

• A Real Regular
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2007, 09:48:29 AM »
You guy's obviously missed the fact that he also effectively outlawed hunting as well with the no lead bullets/shot law!! So what the Gun and ammo manufactures need to do is quit selling completely to Komifornia and this includes LEO's!! When to cops can't get guns and ammo it will get this law thrown out!!
One shot , One Kill

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2007, 11:08:18 AM »
In my opinion, shooter need to be more politically active? Don't vote for the anti gun liberals. Support pro gun candidates, campaign for them and help with their campaigns? That's what I see the antis doing.
AF&AM #294

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2007, 02:09:29 AM »
Where's the NRA??  ...

...exactly.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2007, 02:10:44 AM »
The NRA or any other organization can't help you....

finally he admits it!

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2007, 02:14:07 AM »
You guy's obviously missed the fact that he also effectively outlawed hunting as well with the no lead bullets/shot law!! So what the Gun and ammo manufactures need to do is quit selling completely to Komifornia and this includes LEO's!! When to cops can't get guns and ammo it will get this law thrown out!!

454 puma wins.  if every gun maker and ammo maker stopped selling to anyone in california, and asked retailers to not sell to anyone with a california drivers license, the gun owners would have the heads of the morons in their government, effectively solving the problem.   or we can just wait for a real good earthquake.

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2007, 05:25:08 AM »
The NRA or any other organization can't help you....

finally he admits it!

Why not put the whole content in your quote, instead you pick one small area to copy, just like an anti-gun clown would do. Sorry if people in there own State don't stand up for themselves, what gives them the right to demand someone else do it for them. I did not see you ask where was the GOA... Now go stick your head back in the sand.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2007, 06:01:36 AM »
i could care less about the goa, so dont put words in my mouth.   i wonder what lapeirre got out of this one?  surely he got paid somehow somewhere.   lol.

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2007, 09:10:02 AM »
Oh it is OK to post only part of what I posted and make a stupid comment, but I guess you are on a one way street as always. So why not drop it. . Before you cause another pi$$ing contest.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA