Author Topic: Talladega!  (Read 588 times)

Offline Fazak

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Talladega!
« on: October 15, 2007, 11:00:11 AM »

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Talladega!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 11:37:07 AM »
Ya know I live only about 35 miles from there and been down that road hundreds of times but NEVER EVER on race day. You couldn't pay me enough to get me on that road on race day. Nope I've never watched a NASCAR race.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 11:48:47 AM »
I've never been there,.. but I see what you mean.

I don't like driving in that kind of traffic either.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 11:54:45 AM »
That was FAST moving for race day really. I'm betting 30 minutes later it was bumper to bumper in all four lanes and move up one vehicle length at a time as they let them into the race track. I don't even like driving in town on race day. And when they are on the way back out it's really ugly. I've never done it but know a lot of locals who have.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 01:43:31 PM »
You know that they repaved the speedway this summer, but I have been trying to figure out how they did it especially on the turns. From all I have heard, a car or anything has to be going at least 70 mph in the turns or it will slide off the track. So how did they get the paving equipment to stay there and the asphalt dumped into the paving machines?

BTW, on race day if I have to travel in that direction, I bypass the entire area and drive 431 from Gadsden to Anniston to miss a lot of the traffic. On the last race the other day there was bumper to bumper motor homes on AL 77 most all week before the race, heading to the track campgrounds.
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 05:07:25 PM »
Here I thought this post might have to do with racing.  ???  Should have known better with Mr. Fazak posting.  I can promise you the attention that girl was getting sure as heck wasn't because she was holding a Ron Paul sign.