Author Topic: **HOW LONG DO WE HAVE?**  (Read 4518 times)

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
**HOW LONG DO WE HAVE?**
« on: October 20, 2007, 09:58:47 AM »

**This is the most interesting thing I've read in a
                    long time. The sad thing about it, you can see it
                    coming.**
                    **I have always heard about this democracy
                    countdown. It is interesting to see it in print. God
                    help us, not that we deserve it.*
                    **How Long Do We Have?*
                    **About the time our original thirteen states
                    adopted their new constitution in 1787, Alexander
                    Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the
                    University of Edinburgh, had this to say about the
                    fall of the Athenian Republic some 2,000 years earlier:*
                    **'A democracy is always temporary in nature; it
                    simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government.'*
                    **'A democracy will continue to exist up until the
                    time that voters discover they can vote themselves
                    generous gifts from the public treasury.'*
                    **'From that moment on, the majority always vote for
                    the candidates who promise the most benefits from
                    the public treasury, with the result that every
                    democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal
                    policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.'*
                    **'The average age of the world's greatest
                    civilizations from the beginning of history, has
                    been about 200 years'*
                    **'During those 200 years, those *
                    *nations always progressed through the following
                    sequence:*
                    **1. From bondage to spiritual faith;*
                    **2. From spiritual faith to great courage;*
                    **3. From courage to liberty;*
                    **4. From liberty to abundance;*
                    **5. From abundance to complacency;*
                    **6. From complacency to apathy;*
                    **7. From apathy to dependence;*
                    **8. From dependence back into bondage'*
                    **Professor Joseph Olson of Hemline University
                    School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some
                    interesting facts concerning the 2000
                    Presidential election:*
                    **Number of States won by:
                    Gore: 19
                    Bush: 29*
                    **Square miles of land won by:
                    Gore: 580,000
                    Bush: 2,427,000*
                    **Population of counties won by:
                    Gore: 127 million
                    Bush: 143 million*
                    **Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by:
                    Gore: 13.2
                    Bush: 2.1*
                    **Professor Olson adds: 'In aggregate, the map of
                    the territory Bush won was mostly the land owned by
                    the taxpaying citizens of this great country.
                    Gore's territory mostly encompassed those citizens
                    living in government-owned tenements and living off
                    various forms of government welfare...' Olson
                    believes the United State s is now somewhere between
                    the 'complacency and apathy'* *phase of Professor
                    Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty
                    percent of the nation's population already having
                    reached the 'governmental dependency' phase.**

**If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to
                    twenty million criminal invaders called illegal and
                    they vote, then we can say goodbye to the USA in
                    fewer than five years.

If you are in favor of this then delete this message
                    if you are not then Pass this along to help everyone
                    realize just how much is at stake, knowing that
                    apathy is the greatest danger to our freedom. *

*Thanks for reading.*
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: **HOW LONG DO WE HAVE?**
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 10:19:27 AM »
Doesn't really matter anyway, it's ALL gonna be over in 2012 when the winter solstice comes. Just tough it out we've only got about five more years to worry about it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 10:31:57 AM »
Doesn't really matter anyway, it's ALL gonna be over in 2012 when the winter solstice comes. Just tough it out we've only got about five more years to worry about it.

HUH?  ???
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Almtnman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 11:06:23 AM »
Doesn't really matter anyway, it's ALL gonna be over in 2013 when the winter solstice comes. Just tough it out we've only got about five more years to worry about it.

Does that have anything to do with the white buffalo calf?
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Brett

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 11:39:53 AM »
Is that when the mother ship returns in the tail of a commet?  Oh wait... that one's been done before.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 11:44:27 AM »
I know it sounds kinda crazy but I really think we only have about five more years. Have you paid any attention to what’s supposed to happen at the winter solstice in 2012? Nostradamus predicted the world will end on that date. The Mayan calendar ENDS on that date and no prediction from it has EVER been wrong to date. Many different oracles from many places have all independently predicted that exact same date as the end of the world. They even have a bot of some sort made to search the internet to predict stocks to buy for best profit margin and that thing has also said it all ends on that same date. Weird I know and likely has no meaning but I just can’t shake the feeling that there is just too much pointing at that date. I’m not gonna put any money down on a hunt beyond that date cuz I’m looking at it as a very real likelihood something really bad is gonna happen then. I can’t decide if I think that is when GOD is gonna decide he is tired of us and end it or if it will be a comet or meteor or asteroid from the sky or nuclear war or just what but dumb as it might seem I’m not making any plans beyond that date.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline buffermop

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 12:26:29 PM »
In my way of thinking, America will fall soon if we keep going the way we are. Supporting the 3rd world and getting nothing in return. The rich get richer on the back of the middle class. We will surely fall as Rome did. :-\ :(

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 12:43:45 PM »
2012 huh? Well I guess I'm not gonna give up tobacco, alcohol and wild women then. Might as well party till the end.  ;D I've heard this prediction before but I"m not gonna worry about it. If it's gonna happen I'm powerless to stop it.

Lemme see, here is my voyueristic prediction. HMMM It was the 2012, near the second coming of the Anti Christ (Hillary Clintons re election). The love em and leave them be liberals had allowed satans armys (the muslimes) to gain weapons unchecked because this was a "religion of peace" and would only use them to defend themselves from that evil Isreal and if the evil repubicans ever got into office. The muslimes under Mohammed whatever his last name is gained control of a huge supply of nuclear weapons and destroyed the entire world in a giant homocide bombing ensuring them all 72 virgins and a special place in paradice.

Billy Ray the redneck seer.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Dee

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 01:57:28 PM »
In my way of thinking, America will fall soon if we keep going the way we are. Supporting the 3rd world and getting nothing in return. The rich get richer on the back of the middle class. We will surely fall as Rome did. :-\ :(

Now this, I can definately agree with.

Online gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 02:42:13 PM »
I did a snopes check on this Scottish professor guy awhile back. Turned out to be phony baloney. Also checked the Mayan prediction thing about the year 2012. Something about a bunch of planets and stars lining up in such away as to give birth to a new dawn of civilization, and the end of the old one. Or something like that. They couldn't invent the graphite fishing pole, but can tell when the world is going to end. Take that one with a grain of salt. I'm not saying that the end of the world will not happen. I believe we'll bring it on ourselves. (War-wrong people get their hands on nucular power) (Famine-Do to over population. Anybody that hunts or fish's know's how wildlife levels ebb and flow with food availability) (Disease-Bird flu/Sars/acinetobater/ebola/etc.etc.) (Morals/crime-Do to many different reasons.-Drugs, again lack of food/water) I believe there are your 4 horseman of the Apocalypse. Edgar Cayce predicted far into the future, something like into the year 3890, or something like that.  I think we have more than 5 years to go. Beside's, got a 6 year loan on my van, never took out a loan without paying it off.  gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2007, 02:56:00 PM »
Alaska Independence is looking better all the time.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Don Fischer

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2007, 03:16:26 PM »

Now this, I can definately agree with.

Yep. But I also see the apaithy!
:wink: Even a blind squrrel find's an acorn sometime's![/quote]

Offline crow_feather

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2007, 03:28:17 PM »
It is a gonna end.  I seen where this newsman person told us all that the sun was gonna die out in two billion years.  I really hope that I'm not gonna be round bout then. I'm sorta scaird of the dark.
IF THE WORLD DISARMED, WE WOULD BE SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE USED BY THE AGGRESSIVE ALIENS THAT LIVE ON THE THIRD MOON OF JUPITOR.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 03:57:59 PM »
I got a friend that listens to all them late night crackpots on the radio and all their predictions and they are never right.  Nostradamus made lots of predictions which all are vauge and do not make any sense until something happens that you could say this is what he meant. The quatrains are obscure enough that they can be interpreted to predict any occurrence. There is no evidence in the academic literature (see Sources) to suggest that any Nostradamus quatrain has ever been interpreted as predicting a specific event before it occurred, other than in vague, general terms that could equally apply to any number of other events.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Dee

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 04:43:48 PM »
I got a friend that listens to all them late night crackpots on the radio and all their predictions and they are never right.  Nostradamus made lots of predictions which all are vauge and do not make any sense until something happens that you could say this is what he meant. The quatrains are obscure enough that they can be interpreted to predict any occurrence. There is no evidence in the academic literature (see Sources) to suggest that any Nostradamus quatrain has ever been interpreted as predicting a specific event before it occurred, other than in vague, general terms that could equally apply to any number of other events.

Yea, I think he probably listens to Art Bell, and George Norri. They have been doing Nostradamus and the Mayan Calendar for years. It's interesting to listen to when your going down the road, but I consider it entertainment.
I'm gonna stick to BIBLE PROPHECY, and Christ said NO ONE KNOWS BUT THE FATHER, and He (Christ) will come like a thief in the night.

Offline FourBee

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 04:59:23 PM »
Okay Guys; I'll toss this one into the pot.
Perry Stone, an evangelist told this one about a Pentecost preacher in 1933 who gave 6 prophesies for the last days.
   3 or 4 of them pertained to a world war, in which he named a man called Hitler, an  Mussolini. 
   Then, American women's morals would decay to the point where they would wear napkin like clothing, and bob their hair.
    Next, he saw a beautiful woman gain high status in the government, and she would be cruel to the people.
    and Last he saw a tremendous explosion across the whole land, and nothing was left but smoke and rubble.

The Holy Bible warns us to repent, for in such an hour as we think not, the son of man cometh.
Enjoy your rights to keep and bear arms.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2007, 05:24:36 PM »
I'm not sure about Hillary being confused with a "beautiful woman", but him and me might be on the same wavelenght.

Billy Ray the redneck seer
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2007, 06:37:35 PM »

Considering that Hitler Came into power in 33 that is not a stretch I think a lot of folks could have seen that one coming. Mussolini started in 22 and had a facist Gov at least 10 years before these predictions  Some folks have considered women becoming imoral for several different periods in History since the 30's and before that too. As far as a woman with high status there have been quite a few so that is no big deal. Isabel Peron of Argentina would fit that description to a T.  Seeing a vast explosion to end the world has been a popular prediction ever since explosives have been invented. Like most Predictions these are vague and could be applied to lots of things. While the ones about Hitler and Mussolini name them they were well known figures in 33 and considering what Hitler and Mussolini were saying predicting an other war was not that far of a stretch.

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2007, 01:13:38 AM »
Well, the bottom line is, are you ready in case it does happen?
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2007, 01:31:58 AM »
   Yep !..I have to admit, i was derailed a bit by that " beautiful woman" rhetoric, maybe we won't have to deal with Hitlery after all..a "good looker" is due to show up from somewhere!....LOL

...And the Mayans,..you're talking about someone that couldn't invent the wheel !...LOL

Gypsyman;
      Could be this Alexander Tyler is a fictitious character; but history, facts, and common sense all point to that progression as happening over and over throughout history !

As far as any prophesy, I'll second Dee!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online gypsyman

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2007, 03:30:46 AM »
Ironglow, couldn't agree with you more. The pendulum swings back and forth. Except this time, the results can be much more catastrophic. Now you have third world country's seeking nuclear  power, and not just to make electricity. Bactria's and viruses becoming more resistant to medication. Changes in the weather, which I believe is a naturally occuring event, or God controlled. I have a feeling, we're are already in the end time's. It will be up to us, the human race, to determine how far the pendulum swings.   gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline magooch

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2007, 04:04:38 AM »
Well, according to the half-witted Dumbycrats, George Bush is a dictator, so we've progressed a bit further than you might think.  Hell, compared to the Dumbycrat legislature we now have, I'll take a benevolent dictator any time.
Swingem

Offline powderman

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2007, 10:40:37 AM »
Several years ago I read where Someone that made a lot of predictions also named all the popes, including Benedict, the current one, and named them correctly. In that prediction the last one to be is the next one, Benedict was to be the next to last. The prediction of the beginning of the end was around 2010. The end will come when God says so, not until. I'm truly amazed that God has let this beautiful earth digress as far as it has. We, as humans, have pretty well botched things up. POWDERMAN.  :( :( :( :( :( :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2007, 04:03:59 PM »
Gypsyman;

I wouldn't be surprised but what we are very close to the end times..but there is no sure way of knowing.

You, Dee, Powderman and myself could easily be on the same page there ..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2007, 02:52:54 AM »
Several years ago I read where Someone that made a lot of predictions also named all the popes, including Benedict, the current one, and named them correctly. In that prediction the last one to be is the next one, Benedict was to be the next to last. The prediction of the beginning of the end was around 2010. The end will come when God says so, not until. I'm truly amazed that God has let this beautiful earth digress as far as it has. We, as humans, have pretty well botched things up. POWDERMAN.  :( :( :( :( :( :(

powderman, the fact that God has let this beautiful earth digress to this point, is for the same reason that He "allowed" Israel to go into bondage. Until they REACHED ROCK BOTTOM, they would not TURN BACK TO HIM.
Until THIS COUNTRY "HITS ROCK BOTTOM", I don't believe it will turn away from drugs, sex, sports, and SELF, and back to God. Our VERY CONSTITUION is BIBLICALLY BASED, and we as a people are ALLOWING IT to be dismembered until there will be nothing of it left. Our COMMANDER IN CHIEF said just last week, that the Christian, the Muslim, and ALL OTHER RELGIONS, pray to the same God. We do not! The WISDOM is gone out of the White House when such statements are made, and WE AS A PEOPLE, make excuses for such statements, but the fact is, IT IS a lack of wisdom. And it is prevalent thru out D.C., and America sleeps on. JM2C

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2007, 10:44:24 AM »
Any other rocks you want to try to overturn to bash the man. For all intents and purposes there is ONE GOD though he may be called different names by different people. I would bet GWB was not thinking of any fringe groups that worship wacko things  ::) ::) ::)

Offline Dee

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2007, 12:09:58 PM »
Any other rocks you want to try to overturn to bash the man. For all intents and purposes there is ONE GOD though he may be called different names by different people. I would bet GWB was not thinking of any fringe groups that worship wacko things  ::) ::) ::)

Well sometimes the shortest posts are the most informative. Now I don't even need that grain of salt to take your comments. You just proved you really ARE clueless to many issues. Before it was just speculation. Thanks for the profile. ;)

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2007, 02:15:04 PM »
Why am I clueless just because I defend our President which you disagree with? For what it is worth most religions believe in the same God though he may be called different names by different people. Considering that most peoples believe in a single deity though they may call him different names is pretty remarkable. I think that is what the President was getting at. But then to you and and several others here if the man is breathing that is enough to make you upset.  Your opinion is like every one elses here just an opinion.

Offline Brett

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2007, 02:44:43 PM »
Why am I clueless just because I defend our President which you disagree with? For what it is worth most religions believe in the same God though he may be called different names by different people. Considering that most peoples believe in a single deity though they may call him different names is pretty remarkable. I think that is what the President was getting at. But then to you and and several others here if the man is breathing that is enough to make you upset.  Your opinion is like every one elses here just an opinion.

The one true God is a God of love.  The Muslim god is not (No where in the Koran is Allah referred to as a loving god.).  The one true God saves by His grace not by anything you or I do.  The Muslim god might give you 72 virgins if you blow yourself up.   Jesus rose from the dead, Mohamed is still dead.  Do your homework. We are not all worshipping the same god only with different names as you and Bush believe. 

Offline powderman

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2007, 02:58:59 PM »
Theres a local pastor in Lou on tv that has made some very real connections with world events. We, the USA, pressured Israel into abandoning gaza, at the same time katrina hit us. He also said that the bridge collapse in Minneopolis coincided with another Israeli concession to the Godless ones that we pushed for. He showed where many catastrophes have coincided with Israel giving up territory that he gave them thousands of years ago.  He also said that the area that the bridge went to was 80% muslim. A lot of what he says makes sense. I can't brelieve that God is real happy at Israel today. Instead of defeating their enemies, they are surrendering too much of their birthright. I'd love to see Israel take by force every bit of land they've surrendered to the Godless ones. I doubt that God is happy about that.
DEE Your caps are distracting and at times irritating. President Bush knows what the muslims are, he just won't come out and call them the Godless, subhuman cult that they are, I wish someone in power would. Islam is a cancer that is killing the world. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm