Author Topic: **HOW LONG DO WE HAVE?**  (Read 4530 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: **HOW LONG DO WE HAVE?**
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2007, 06:41:36 PM »

Brett I suggest YOU do your homework as Allah is used by Muslums, and JEWS and some Christians. Now I have never read the Quran but I have looked through the Bible from time to time and I have went to church plenty and the JEWS worship the same God Christians do so if they worship Allah and the muzzies use the same term then I would suspect we are talking about the same God. I would guess this is what Bush was refering to.

Allah (Arabic: الله, Allāh) is the standard Arabic word for "God". The term is best known in the West for its use by Muslims as a reference to God.[1] Arabic-speakers of all faiths, including Christians and Jews, use the word "Allah" to mean "God".[2] The Muslim and Christian Arabs of today have no other word for 'God' than 'Allah'.[3] In pre-Islamic Arabia, Allah was used by pagan Meccans as a reference to the creator-god, possibly the supreme deity.[4]
According to F. E. Peters, "The Qur'an insists, Muslims believe, and historians affirm that Muhammad and his followers worship the same God as the Jews.[Qur'an 29:46] The Quran's Allah is the same Creator God who covenanted with Abraham".

Allah outside Islam
Most Arabic-speaking Christian and Jewish Communities (including the Yemenite Jews, several Mizraḥi communities and some Sephardim), as well as Eastern Christians living in Muslim countries (such as Orthodox Christians in Turkey [2]), use "Allāh" as the proper noun for "God".[citation needed]. The name's origin can be traced back to the earliest Semitic writings in which the word for god was Il or El, the latter being an Old Testament synonym for Yahweh[12] Allah is the standard Arabic word for "God" and is used by Arab Christians as well.[12]

Because of the centuries long Muslim presence in the Iberian Peninsula, the words ojalá and oxalá today exist in the Spanish and Portuguese languages, respectively, borrowed from Arabic by way of Mozarabic. These words literally mean "God willing" (in the sense of "I hope so").[citation needed]

The word 'Allah' in the Indonesian language, means God, it is used alternatively with the word "Tuhan". Indonesia recognises six religions (Islam (majority), Protestantism, Roman Catholicism.[13] Hinduism, Buddhism, and Confucianism), all of which use these two words to refer to God or gods.

Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2007, 07:08:17 PM »
Ok I'm in...

I have done a lot of research on this topic over the last few years. All indications point to 12-21-2012 to be the beginning of the end. Over a period of 6 days beginning on 12-20-2012 the earth and all other planets will line up in a straight line out from the sun which based on scientific tests will cause the earth to stop and change its axis. The equator will become the poles and the poles will become the equator. There are also some computer models showing the earth reversing the direction of rotation when it does begin rotating again. also the sun wll be in the galactic center of the milkyway. This is said to cause the "spark of life" and will light the galaxy for days.

Now if this does happen for sure all hell will break loose and it would b the end of life as we know it. This is what the Maya calendar is calling for. Now keep in mind it is proven fact that the [wiki=Maya calendar ]Maya calendar [/wiki] is the most accurate one known to ever be created to include what we use today.  The calendar ends with the winter solstice of 2012. If you are curious you can do some research on it and I will post some links I have a bit later for those who want them.

Will it happen? Beats me but if I was a gambling man I would bet on the Mayans.

Matt

edit: here is a good one  http://mathdl.maa.org/images/cms_upload/MayaTimeCycles2-143624.pdf

and another: http://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2007, 08:27:37 PM »
Planet alignments happen the last was a 5 planet one in May of 2002. I do not bet on the Mayans

Offline magooch

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2007, 04:17:12 AM »
The world is full of some pretty brainy Physicists; don't you think that if planet alignment was a really big deal that it would be all over the news?  Anyway, I doubt the Mayans even knew what a planet is--let alone alignment.
Swingem

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2007, 05:25:42 AM »
Then clearly you've not done much study of the Mayan culture. You speak from a position of ignorance ie., lack of knowledge or understanding.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Online gypsyman

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2007, 05:52:04 AM »
Not doubting the Mayan ability to predict the alignment of the planets. They were great mathmaticians, I don't see how planets, billions of miles away, and I'm assuming that it would be the gravitational pull of these planets, could stop the rotation of earth. The moon can affect the tides. The sun keeps the earth in it's orbit, and it has alot more pull, so to speak, than much smaller planets, alot further away. Not saying an asteroid or comet might not crash into us, which would be catastrophic. But I don't think considering the mass of the earth, that it could slow down that fast, reverse, or tip on it's side in just 6 days. Seems kinda improbable. Just my opinion. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2007, 06:20:23 AM »
The world is full of some pretty brainy Physicists; don't you think that if planet alignment was a really big deal that it would be all over the news?  Anyway, I doubt the Mayans even knew what a planet is--let alone alignment.

For their time they were pretty smart I am sure they knew about the planets though not too sure about alignment I think your right on that and I agree about the Physicists they I am sure are more advanced than any Mayan.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2007, 08:48:13 AM »
Scientist agree that the earth's axis has shifted several times thru out its history. Why is it so hard to believe it will happen again one day? The one thing I think we can be sure of is that mankind's time on earth is limited and that like the dinosaurs we will one day become extinct. The only question is when.

If you are a Christian then surely you believe that one day GOD will end it all for us. Predicting the when and how of it all is interesting at least. Personally I'm ready when that day comes and kinda sorta wish it would hurry up and get here.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2007, 09:03:01 AM »
I hate to throw a wet blanket on the gloom and doom but do ya'll remember the Y2K thing a few years back ?
That was a lead pipe cinch to !
I'll be so glad when that freeze dried food is gone ! but will admit the extra ammo was fun to shoot up !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2007, 11:26:32 AM »
Personally I'm ready when that day comes and kinda sorta wish it would hurry up and get here.

I kinda like my time on this rock I am in no rush.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2007, 11:42:54 AM »
JH45gun;

Sorry...Gotta disagree with you this time !

Jews and Christians worship the same God..but not the one the Muslims do.

Jews are expecting that God will send his very Son as the Messiah..Christians believe that very Son has been here (Jesus)...just a matter of timing..

On the other hand, the famous Dome of the Rock has words inscribed in it that state firmly "God has no Son"..

<http://livingjourney.wordpress.com/2006/09/21/the-dome-of-the-rock-is-an-insult-to-christians-and-so-is-the-catholic-church-2/>

The Islamic statement..."Allah is only one God; far be it from his glory that he should have a son."   <www.netours.com/jrs/2003/domeofrock.htm>

scroll down to the third photo of the dome and read the paragraph just above the photo.

Another source; go to..              < www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Islam >

Once there, scroll down to the photo of the Dome of the Rock, and read the paragraph just below it, under the heading...GOD.

Since an intrinsic part of Christianity is the three-in-one Godhead, and an intrinsic part of the Islamic doctrine say that such CANNOT be true....

..One of us worships a non-God !!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online JoeG52

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2007, 12:17:53 PM »
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /jrs/2003/domeofrock.htm> on this server.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2007, 04:18:56 PM »
Ironglow is right on the money.  Jews and Christians both worship the one true God.   Compare the attributes of God in either the Torah or the Old Testament of the Bible and compare it to the attributes of the god described in the Koran and it is plain to see that they are not talking about the same god.  Just because we use the same word does not mean we are talking about the same thing.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2007, 04:43:09 PM »
  Powderman;
       You brought out some valid and important points..I don't believe God is pleased with the presently weak willed leadership of Israel..and he is not pleased with our
   coersing Israel into giving up another inch of their promised land. They have traded "land for peace" before ..they lost land; but gained no peace..

What was it someone said it was when someone tries the same trick over and over ..hoping for a different result ?

I doesn't matter who among the current candidates is elected President, we won't be hearing him/her calling for instance, that mad terrorist in charge in Iran what he really is ...an insane, evil, terrorist.
   That just isn't done publicly in diplomatic circles, except by insane, evil, terrorists..like the guy from Iran and that fat, little, nutcase from Venezuela..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline powderman

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2007, 04:44:37 PM »
The muslims base their beliefs on the rantings of a madman, murderer, child rapist, pedophile, pervert, named mohamed, not Gods word. They worship an evil, bitter, hate filled, unforgiving God. Since there is but one God, a God of love, understanding, and forgiveness, the God they worship does not exist. Thats why I refer to all of islam as GODLESS, Cause it's what they are. We praise God for saving and healing. They praise allah for the murders they commit. Big difference. We await the return of Jesus Christ. They await a mythical being that dwells in a well that they throw offerings into.
No doubt in my mind that GW knows exactly what these Godless SOBS are, but he's smart enough to know that we cannot fight and defeat every Godless nation all at once alone. satan knows his days are numbered and he will take aas many with him as he can til the return of Christ. Islam is one of his tools to accomplish his goal. Satan is a liar, and does it well. I pray daily that the world will awaken and see islam for the cancer it is before it's too late. I too believe that we are in our last days. POWDERMAN.  :( :( :( :( :( :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2007, 08:35:00 PM »
I posted the truth as I see it and no way am I defending a muzzie the thing is Allah Means God and it is the same God that the Jews pray to so that is the same God we do. Hey if you want to get PICKY about it Catholics belive in the VIRGIN MARY Some Christian Faiths do not. SO???? Catholics belive in the HOLY Trinity others do not so I can see where the Muzzies may only believe in ONE GOD and No Jesus. Think about it the Jews denounced Jesus as the Son of God so tbey are pretty much One God also yet it still is all the same God according to Biblical Scholars. You guys want to get pissy just to Prove Bush wrong go for it I am going on what I read in print from serveral different sources and could probably provide link after link but I am not going to waste my time if you want to go for it.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2007, 08:36:58 PM »
Powderman you cannot confuse Allah with Mohammoud. The first is God the second was a murderous so called prophet.

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2007, 09:09:06 PM »

Check out The History Channel this week. 9pm cst each night

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2007, 11:51:42 PM »
I posted the truth as I see it and no way am I defending a muzzie the thing is Allah Means God and it is the same God that the Jews pray to so that is the same God we do. Hey if you want to get PICKY about it Catholics belive in the VIRGIN MARY Some Christian Faiths do not. SO???? Catholics belive in the HOLY Trinity others do not so I can see where the Muzzies may only believe in ONE GOD and No Jesus. Think about it the Jews denounced Jesus as the Son of God so tbey are pretty much One God also yet it still is all the same God according to Biblical Scholars. You guys want to get pissy just to Prove Bush wrong go for it I am going on what I read in print from serveral different sources and could probably provide link after link but I am not going to waste my time if you want to go for it.

You need to find some different "Biblical Scholars" bro'.  Jesus was born of a virgin else all His claims would be false.  And all one has to do is read what the Bible says about our God and what the Koran says about the "Mussie" god and you will see that they are not one and the same.  You don't need a Biblical Scholar to see that. 
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2007, 12:47:12 AM »
jh45gun ya really do need to stop being an ostrich and pull your head out of the sand. Just because muslims call what they worship a god does NOT mean they worship the one TRUE GOD, the GOD of the Jewish and Christian faiths.

Folks who worship idols call them gods as well but that don't make them GOD.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2007, 01:05:49 AM »
Rome had a truck load of gods !
We need to see that Islam has a devote following and western religions don't have the same devotion !
We want to tolerate them and they want to enslave or destroy us !
Every other time they became bold they were beaten back , maybe PRES. BUSH sees that ?
At any rate the world may not end soon , but the world as we know it may soon end if we don't get our act together !

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2007, 01:43:09 AM »
   jh45gun

I didn't bring up the difference, just to prove the President wrong . The fact is, I wasn't even thinking of the president when I brought forth the facts, but
    rather, the perhaps millions that the Muzzies have hoodwinked into actually believing that the God we worship is the same god they worship.
       Perhaps the President doesn't study the Bible as intently as some of us do..and I don't fault him for that; he already has a pretty full plate !

Consider these following differences between the Christian God and the Allah/Muhammed  version:

1) Muhammed's disciples kill for their faith; Christ's disciples have died for their faith. ...(and are still doing so.)

2) Muhammed's method, compulsion..Christ's method; conversion .

3) They die for Allah; Christ died for us !

4) They say " convert or die ! " ;... Jesus says " Believe and live !"

5) Jesus lives; Muhammed is dead !

6) Jesus sets his people free; Muhammed turns his people (esp women) into slaves..

jh45gun, I know you are a red, white and blue American, so the following is not for you, but here are some other differences which Islamic apologists may not have noticed :

A) Christian hospitals treat the injured and ill without regard to race, creed, or religion .  St Judes in Memphis, the many Baptist, Methodist, and yes, Jewish hospitals (just to name a few) around our nation attest to that.

B) When a Tsunami, earthquake or typhoon devastates an area...even a Muslim nation like Malaysia or Indonesia; Christian organizations are often among the first upon the scene
 with  field hospitals, hospital ships plus food, water and the many necessities needed;...again, without regard to religious affiliation.

C) When I recently inquired of a Muslim defender to furnish me some equivalent Islamic organizations to...# 1) The 700 club's "Operation Blessing" ,   #2) Franklin Graham's " Samaritan's Purse ".. or the Mother Theresa types who sacrifice so much, or the thousands of Christian missionaries working to better people's lives in the third world..I received no coherent reply !

Oh yes; there are it appears, Muslim representatives working in the third world, lopping heads and taking slaves as they are in Darfur and Somalia...but where are the hospital ships, food, water wells and domestic animal cultivation (e.g. Oxfam) ?  

...Where are all those oil $$$ going..for peace or war ?

No; we don't worship the same God, and I am pleased and secure in that !

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2007, 01:50:55 AM »
It may be safer to say we don't interpret GODS word or worship GOD as they do !

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2007, 03:17:09 AM »
It may be safer to say we don't interpret GODS word or worship GOD as they do !

You need to rephrase that sentence as you don't speak for me when you say we.
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2007, 03:38:23 AM »
you do as the Islamic practitioner does ?
If so you are the "they " not the "we "
Pres. Bush said it best , either you are with us or against us !

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2007, 04:24:58 AM »
What you believe is up to you, what Bush believes is up to him, what I believe is not up to anyone else to include me as WE,  when you're making a statement. To do so is an insult to my belief and my religion.
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2007, 04:28:59 AM »

From the Quran: Sura al-ikhlas (chapter 112) :

"he is God, the one, the self-sufficient master. He never begot, nor was begotten. There is none comparable to him."

Such a god is absolutely NOT the Christian God !!!

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2007, 08:37:26 AM »
I include like minded people if you are not then you are not part of the " we " !
Please consider yourself not included ! If you choose to be insulted then be so ! If your religion is so fragile it can't take criticism its not my problem !
By the way if you are Islamic you definitely are not "we "  and if you are of any other belief then what I said could be true !
I have to ask if you read it ? As both parts of my statement are true and neither is derogatory as they only point out a known difference and do not pass judgment !

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2007, 09:31:28 AM »
   The muslims were lead astray by an evil false phophet named Mohammed (who raped a small child of 9 calling her his wife, robbed caravans and ordered the murders of thousands). They as in Muslims, devil worshippers, and other false god cults do not worship the GOD. They worship Satan. anyone who does not worship the God of the Bible is a devil worshipper whether openly as in the Sanic Cults or in a more veiled way as the Muslims. If I worship say an idle Hmmmm, lets take this bottle of Mountain Dew on my desk. By worshipping it I am worshipping a false god therefore I am worshipping the Devil. Also to claim to have no god is also worshipping Satan. "We" are people that believe and by our belief we will be saved. "They" are are those who don't believe and will not be saved if they do not repent thier evil ways. "We do not force our conversion on others at the point of a sword. "They" do! "We" Help others of all faith. "They" subjegate others of all faiths.

Please do not try to Lump "Me in with "Them.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2007, 10:05:24 AM »

Bush is an idiot! :P ;D
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett