Author Topic: gun show finds today  (Read 577 times)

Offline andrewtheelder38

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
gun show finds today
« on: October 20, 2007, 02:27:33 PM »
...Plenty of handi rifles at the local gun show today

....all used, but there was a scoped 308 a scoped 30-06, an older iron sighted 45-70 in perfect shape, a limited edition elk foundatin 35-whelen with the longer barrel and a new 243 as well as an new 7mm-08 and a couple of combo guns too....

..good shopping ....

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: gun show finds today
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 02:59:53 PM »
You talking about the gun show at the patty center in Fairbanks today and tomorrow.  I also saw a lot of shotguns, almost bought a 10ga.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 03:21:36 PM »
...Plenty of handi rifles at the local gun show today

....all used, but there was a scoped 308 a scoped 30-06, an older iron sighted 45-70 in perfect shape, a limited edition elk foundatin 35-whelen with the longer barrel and a new 243 as well as an new 7mm-08 and a couple of combo guns too....

..good shopping ....

Well...What followed you home?

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline PigBoy Crabshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 03:31:42 PM »
Please say you bought the 35 Whelen!
"In God We Trust - Everyone else keep you hands where I can see them!"

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 03:39:13 PM »
Yeah that 35 woulda followed me home!
I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 04:25:15 PM »
The .35 Whelen is a truly great gun for everything Maine has to offer, especially if you reload, so please say you bought it!!!....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline kennyd

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 06:16:32 AM »
Send that Whelen to the denver show.  Were the prices good, or like the shows around here higher than new for used?
just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are not watching you

Offline andrewtheelder38

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 01:36:13 PM »
..........the prices were pretty high for used guns....225 for most 250 for the ones with scopes......

....the idiot who had the 35 Whelen wanted 349 for it!!!!!/.....it was scratched, had about 75 percent bluing and a few dings on the stock and it was filthy.....he wold not budge one penny on it either!!!!!!!!

.....so itraded some ammo and a handful of cash for the pristine 45-70 with old style schnable fore end and a sling...it was so  pristine i had to have it.....makes number 4 45-70 but what the heck it is a sickness i am powerless to resist....