Author Topic: knight rifles  (Read 1570 times)

Offline lawson

• Trade Count: (1)
knight rifles
« on: October 21, 2007, 08:35:18 AM »
I am going to buy a new Knight this year.  I was planning on getting on getting one of the new discs with the longer barrels but have also looked at the rolling blocks.   What are peoples thoughts here on the rolling block, and does anyone know if the rolling block uses the same same stock as the revolution?

Thanks,

Brad

Offline Critter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: knight rifles
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 12:50:00 PM »
I looked at the rolling block and bought a disc instead.  I hated that folding hammer.  I think the rolling block is a great gun but my personal preference was for the disc.  They should all shoot great with a developed load so personal preference has a lot to do with your selection.

Offline lawson

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 02:07:19 PM »
I was thinking that the rolling block would be easier to clean.  To those who have rolling blocks are they easy to clean?

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 02:51:59 PM »
Very accurate and easy to clean..........really like mine.

Offline lawson

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 06:17:36 PM »
Does anyone else have an opinion on the new knight rolling block versus the disc?

Offline Keith Lewis

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 09:08:56 PM »
Can't help on the disc but as far as cleaning the KRB is easier to clean than my Omega and it is easy to start with.

Offline GeneRector

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 04:40:44 AM »
 ;) Howdy!  I have the new Knight KRB rifle. It is exactly what I was looking for. The double safety is a big plus. It is not hard to clean, you just have to remove the breech plug with a tool that is provided.  Ease of priming is another plus.  Fairly accurate right out of the box. 

Happy Trails!
Always,
Gene Rector
Endowed NRA Life Member

Offline manofthe45

• Trade Count: (36)
  • A Real Regular
  • Bucks Hang On The Wall. Does Fill The Freezer
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 05:46:21 AM »
Very accurate and easy to clean..........really like mine.

Agreed.  Very easy to clean.  I use the cheap T/c hollow points and black sabots to get all new ML I buy around the bulls eye before sending expensive rounds down range to find pet load.  First four shots at fiftey yards boresighted by looking down barrel  left one large ragged hole.  I always start at 90 grains 3f.  Cannot wait to play with premium bullets.
NRA Member

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 01:03:44 PM »
Does anyone else have an opinion on the new knight rolling block versus the disc?

I like Knight rifles, and I like the disc a lot.  Knight's older models are very attractive and accurate.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~