Author Topic: Shredder Ammunition  (Read 416 times)

Offline ryans63

• Trade Count: (0)
Shredder Ammunition
« on: October 21, 2007, 10:37:47 PM »
When I was younger I remember some type of ammunition that I believe was called a “Shredder round”.  Don’t know why all of a sudden I remembered/thought about this, possibly because I never researched this back in the day and am curious about it.  I remember that this type of bullet was outlawed or taxed so insanely high no one would buy it. They did this because of the what the bullet did which was when it entered your body it flattened out in a certain way that it wouldn’t shoot straight thru you but “bounce” around inside of you “shredding “ your guts  so much it basically liquefied you and when the doctors opened you up there was no chance they could ever save you because of the beyond excessive damage too you so they were outlawed or taxed, I can’t remember which I heard or it might have been they were trying to get it outlawed/taxed at the time and that is what I heard about it. Anyway if anyone knows about it, are they called “shredder rounds”? How do they work? How is it designed so it does this and not just flatten out and go right thru?  Or did this round even exist, I mean kind of like the myth about Kevlar tipped bullets “slip” right thru any body armor.  Is the “shredder round” a myth like that?
Casper, Semper Fi!

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: Shredder Ammunition
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 12:17:01 AM »
The Black Talon brand by Winchester might be what you mean.  There is also a stunt type shotgun round that fires fleshettes that is referred to as the 'Shredder'.  Mikey.

Offline moxgrove

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
Re: Shredder Ammunition
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 03:50:42 AM »
 :-\ I only took care of a couple people shot with the Black Talon. One lived, one didn't. That was due more to shot placement than magic organ liquification. The media just took the ball and ran with it. The bullets were similar to the Barnes all copper design or the Taurus Hex bullets.