Author Topic: Dream Act - Urgent!  (Read 543 times)

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Dream Act - Urgent!
« on: October 23, 2007, 07:47:10 AM »
Please respond to the following message, and then cut and past to an e-mail to everyone in your address book.

UPDATE

Open-borders Senators have plummeted to a new low in advocating amnesty by aiding, abetting and harboring a group of illegal aliens in our United States Capitol today!

Sen. Durbin (D-Ill.), Sen. Lugar (R-Ind.) and Sen. Hagel (R-Neb.) have invited Senators and their staffers to a meeting at 3 p.m. today to learn why they need to pass the DREAM Act amnesty on Wednesday.

Briefing the Senators in the Capitol will be:

"Several students who would benefit from the DREAM Act"
Angela Kelley, Director, Immigration Policy Center
Melissa Lazarin, Director of Education Policy, First Focus
Alfred Campos, Federal Lobbyist, National Education Association
Stephanie Grosser, Outreach & Program Coordinator, Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society
Kevin Appleby, U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops

In case that isn't clear enough, anybody who "would benefit from the DREAM Act" is an illegal alien.

Should anybody in the world hold back from trying to come here illegally now that they see that illegal aliens can hang around our Capitol itself with no fear of arrest -- and be embraced by our elected officials.

Last week, the Senate voted to protect Sanctuary Cities and their policies to shield illegal aliens. Today, some Senators apparently are declaring the Capitol an illegal-alien sanctuary!

We have now reached this point where the immigration lawlessness that has characterized the border for 20 years, that has suffocated our Southwestern states, south Florida and hundreds of neighborhoods across the country has now moved into the federal Capitol itself -- invited by U.S. Senators!!!

If you think the champions of anarchy have gone too far this time, pick up a phone over lunch and call your two U.S. Senators ! and dema nd that they commit to vote NO on cloture tomorrow on S. 2205.

PHONE SENATE SWITCHBOARD AT:
202-224-3121

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Dream Act - Urgent!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 08:29:09 AM »
Didn't this happen a month or so ago? I distinctly recall it floating the net at least that long back. Has it come up again?

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 11:29:19 AM »
Think the Senate is still at it GB
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 01:15:05 PM »
GB.  This will (likely) come up again tomorrow, (Wednesday, Oct 24)  According to a message I received from NUMBERSUSA about 4PM today, both sides are saying they do not have a votes.  It is still not too late to place a phone call first thing tomorrow morning. 

The dumbocraps are trying to give the country away now, what happens after election if Hillary is elected?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 01:25:18 PM »
They are trying no harder than Bush is to give the Country away. The dumocraps just don't care who they give it to. Bush wants Mexico to get it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 01:28:29 PM »
I faxed both of my senators about this yesterday. It is supposed to come up for a vote Wednesday Oct 24. The same left wing crowd keeps bringing it up over and over again trying to wear us down with their foolishness.

rockbilly if hillary manages to get elected, we will need to circle the wagons and dig in.
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Elijah Gunn

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 03:55:55 PM »
Just e-mailed both of my senators. Thanks for the heads up.
Mark
What will you say on Judgement Day?

The BANKERS win every war.

When gardening for food is outlawed, I'll BE an outlaw.

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 04:22:44 AM »
This is up for a vote today.  Click on the link below to get to your senator's information.

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?OrderBy=state&Sort=ASC

I emailed both of mine this morning.

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
    • The Mountain
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 04:35:00 AM »
Here's the Senators that need to be called as they could go either way on this.

Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Bingaman (D-NM)

Brown (D-OH)
Byrd (D-WV)
Dorgan (D-ND)

Harkin (D-IA)
Landrieu (D-LA)
McCaskill (D-MO)

Nelson (D-NE)
Pryor (D-AR)
Rockefeller (D-WV)

Stabenow (D-MI)
Tester (D-MT)
Webb (D-VA)

PHONE SENATE SWITCHBOARD AT:
202-224-3121

AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
    • The Mountain
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 05:03:18 AM »
Today, the Senate takes action on the DREAM Act (S.2205). This proposed measure is just another example of Washington's relentless push for amnesty for illegal aliens. By continuing to ignore the will of the American people, these legislators thumb their collective noses at the rule of law. Now is the time for all of us to act!

The Democrats are pushing this measure which they say is designed to allow school-aged kids to stay in the U.S. (amnesty) to attend college. The Heritage Foundation describes the bill, saying, "The bill purports to grant amnesty to individuals unlawfully in the United States who arrived before the age of 16. Publicized as a humanitarian measure for children, the bill would allow applicants to immediately receive conditional legal status, including eligibility for federal benefits like student loans."

There is so much the Democrats are saying about this bill, and we must stop it today!

So, if your Senator is listed in the post above, you need to call ASAP!
AMM
The Mountain

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 05:06:03 AM »
Boys, the best advice I can give at this point is, "make that phone call immediately, and just in case, keep yer powder dry!"

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 10:45:17 AM »
Woohoo!  DREAM Act fails in the Senate!

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
    • The Mountain
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 12:43:08 PM »
HeavyC, that's some very good news. Thanks for the update!
AMM
The Mountain

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 02:37:18 PM »
A message to all my friends from the great State of Texas...............Our soon to be ex-senator Ms Kay Bailey Hutchinson voted FOR the bill.  go to her web site and shoot her an e-mail stating your disapproval of her vote, and encouraging her to vote against any future form of amnesty for those here illegally.

Remember, be courteous, short, and to the point, and don't forget to include your name, address, and phone number.