Author Topic: TDC with new lam Thumbhole and truglo choke  (Read 426 times)

Offline fishhawk357

• Trade Count: (0)
TDC with new lam Thumbhole and truglo choke
« on: October 27, 2007, 04:27:46 AM »
Hello everyone, this is my first post but have been reading for a while. I recently got myself a new TDC and decided to get the laminated thumbhole stock set that H&R was now offering to the public. I also added a Truglo adjustable choke. My question is concerning the stock. Has anyone ever heard of one of these stocks breaking from the recoil of the 12 guage? Also, has anyone ever used the truglo choke on their TDC and how did it do? If I can figure out how to post pics I will try but have never been able to get it to work. If anyone can help that would be great so I can show it off a little. It does look good, to me anyway. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: TDC with new lam Thumbhole and truglo choke
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 07:02:42 AM »
Welcome aboard fishhawk, I have just purchased my first thumbhole stock so I cannot respond regarding the 12 gauge recoil issue but I have sent you and e-mail. Again happy to have your here with us....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 09:08:39 AM »
Welcome. I hope you can figure out how to get a pic up. I'd love to see that gun
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline fishhawk357

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 11:33:33 AM »
After several failed attempts I have still not figured it out but will keep trying. Thanks for the welcome.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 11:54:53 AM »
Hi fishhawk, I will be looking forward to seeig your pictures since my thumbhole stock should be here in about a week....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline fishhawk357

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 12:02:10 PM »
Here is another try at posting pics, cool looks like I figured it out. I will try to do a couple more maybe closer.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 12:19:01 PM »
Welcome to GBO!! Looks good, thanks for sharing! ;)

There's only been one broken Boyd's stock reported and it didn't appear to be a laminated stock, nor broken from recoil, looked like it was abused to me. I've got two of em, although neither are on heavy kickers, a 243 and 7x57.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline fishhawk357

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 12:19:44 PM »
Here are the rest of the pics including some pics of the original stock that I "modified" and didn't come out as I had visioned which prompted me to get the thumbhole.

Offline fishhawk357

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 12:21:42 PM »
Thanks again for the welcome. Here are a few more. Sorry for including my feet in the pics.