Author Topic: My pistols collection.  (Read 1534 times)

Offline HenkBrazos

• Trade Count: (0)
My pistols collection.
« on: October 27, 2007, 12:58:59 PM »
Want to share a pic or two of my pistols and revolwer.

The cap's

...and the flinty's

Offline Elijah Gunn

• A Real Regular
Re: My pistols collection.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 02:39:40 AM »
Very nice! I find the double barrel particularly interesting.
What will you say on Judgement Day?

The BANKERS win every war.

When gardening for food is outlawed, I'll BE an outlaw.

Offline HenkBrazos

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 02:47:43 AM »
That is the Pedersoli Howda d/b pistol in 20 bore and an extra set of .50 barrels.

Offline Illhunter

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 05:50:01 PM »
that double barrel would be cool.

Terry

Offline blhof

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 11:22:47 PM »
I had a double in 45 as a teen, many years ago.  After years of trial and error, I finally found it to be accurate enough to take rabbits.

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 12:52:12 AM »
Which shoots the most accurately?

Offline StrawHat

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 04:03:40 PM »
This might make a good photo thread, members posting photos of their collection(s).
"Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result"  Winston Churchill

"A law without a punishment is merely advice."  anonymous

Offline spitpatch

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 05:13:42 PM »
Very Nice!!!........I'm also interested in which is the most accurate. I'm going to buy a perc. .54 pistol but have to do the homework first. I want the best I can get for the money but know very little about these type guns. I was hoping for some help from you guys who "been there-done that". I have A .54 CVA St Louis hawken, .54 Thompson long gun, a ROA revolver, and a CVA .32 squirrel gun, around 50 modern rifles and a half dozen modern pistols............but definatly enjoy the BP guns the most. This deer season didn't bother to take a high power out of the safe............clocked an 8 pointer opening morning with my .54 Thompson (old) long gun.......80 Gr. 2F goex / .535 hornady RB / .010 pillow ticking patch. An awesome combination and very Accurate. I'm envious of your pistols though, Thank you kindly for sharing. That one third from the left, top photo is like the one I want. Would you describe to me/us what they all are?
Quality will be remembered long after price is forgotten

Offline HenkBrazos

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 10:22:29 PM »
It's the Ardessa Patriot or also known as the Trapper. Ardessa marketed the .45 version as a Patriot and the .50 as a Trapper initially. Then they started marketing as "Traditions" in the US and as Ardessa everywhere else, and seeing as the two pistols are identical except for caliber, the lines got blurred - so the Patriot is the Trapper is the Patriot - no difference...

Mine is the .50, very accurate 2" groups up to 30m with rb's and 35g black powder.

Offline HenkBrazos

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 10:34:11 PM »
Which shoots the most accurately?

Accurately being a relative, with so many things playing a role, specially with pistols! I would say the one that I personally like the most is the doublebarrel .50 Pedersoli Howda.

On the flinters side, the Navy Moll  .45(second pic, 5th from left) and the Harpers Ferry .58(second pic,4th from left) is my favorites!

Haven't realy played around with load combo's for the rest, but in general all of them are very nice performers.

We had a couple of shoots against nitro guys without time restrictions and beat them on the long (20-30m) distances. ;D