Author Topic: 20 ga BPS Rifled  (Read 1173 times)

Offline 300winman

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
20 ga BPS Rifled
« on: October 28, 2007, 02:49:09 AM »
I'm thinking of giving my 12 ga Benelli nova to my brother-in-law(doesn't own his own slug gun, and really likes my Benelli) and buying a 20ga Browning BPS rifled slug gun.  I'm looking for the lighter weight and less kick with the 20 ga.  Plus I have always wanted a Browning BPS, and its catching up to me.  And giving away the Benelli gives me a reason to buy the BPS. Call me crazy or a nice guy!!  All responses welcome.   
Big Guns get''''r done!!!!

Offline sliceman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: 20 ga BPS Rifled
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 12:26:01 PM »
I have recently bought the 12 ga. BPS and put a 2.5-10X Bushnell 4200 Elite scope on it. I started sighting in with the rem. core-lokt slugs, expecting I would have to try a number of brands to find the one this gun liked( my old rem. 870  12 ga cantilever was very fussy). The results were incredible- 4 shots in a ragged 1" hole(100 yds) with one called flyer 2" away. I then adjusted the scope to impact 3" high at 100yds, took 3 quick shots- a 1.4 " group(100yds) right where it should be. If the 20 ga is anything like this one, you are in for a treat.

Offline 300winman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 03:18:11 AM »
Thanks for the input sliceman.  I have read nothing but good things about the BPS, some have claimed it one of the most accurate slug guns.  I'll probably be getting one here in a week or 2, after I get my land rent check from my MI property.  The trick is to hide the check from the ol' lady when I get it, if not she'll have it spent!!!

Offline NYH1

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 06:34:38 PM »
I was at Gander Mountain last weekend looking around.  I picked up a Browing BPS Rifled Deer Hunter 12 ga.  I never consider Brown firearms at all for reason not impostant to this thread.  I gotta tell though, that was an AWESOME pump shotgun! 
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline 300winman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 06:50:58 PM »
Well my dreams of getting the BPS have been put on hold.  The wife had to fly out to see a sick aunt, and pretty much blew my new gun allowance.  Oh well, guess I'll save up and get a new slug gun for next season. 

NYH, I got the same feeling when I picked one up.  The made in Japan has always turned me off of browning(don't know if that was what you were thinking.)  I have recently noticed Ithaca gun has moved to upper Sandusky, OH,and starting up shop again.  Might have to look at them again when they get rollin. Never owned, but I've always liked the look of the Ithaca too.

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 04:50:58 AM »
I was at Gander Mountain last weekend looking around.  I picked up a Browing BPS Rifled Deer Hunter 12 ga.  I never consider Brown firearms at all for reason not impostant to this thread.  I gotta tell though, that was an AWESOME pump shotgun! 

I've said it before in other places but, Browning makes the best real hardcore hunter's shotgun available on the market today.  People will complain about cost, or country of manufacture, but if you want the best designed and produced shotgun available today it's the BPS.  Leave those $200.00 wal-mart guns alone and buy something that you'll be proud to own, proud to shoot, and proud to pass on to your kids.  Quality costs a little more, but that's because it's quality.

Offline Flatshooter

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 01:07:12 PM »
A friend of mine picked up a 12 ga Gold Hunter last year with a slug barrel and I was impressed with its accuracy. I thought they made a 20 ga version, but was told that Browning has discontinued the 20's due to a redesign. Has anyone else heard about this?
Aim High & Let It Fly!

Offline NYH1

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007, 06:30:21 AM »
A friend of mine picked up a 12 ga Gold Hunter last year with a slug barrel and I was impressed with its accuracy. I thought they made a 20 ga version, but was told that Browning has discontinued the 20's due to a redesign. Has anyone else heard about this?
Browning still has it listed on their web site.  LINK
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"