Author Topic: Where are all of the gun related item from eBay?  (Read 537 times)

Offline shotgunner

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
Where are all of the gun related item from eBay?
« on: October 29, 2007, 12:45:28 PM »
I used to do a lot of business on eBay, gun barrels, grips, dies, molds and gun parts. Now all that is left are stocks and grips. I thought that most of those items would end up on gunbroker or auction arms. This is not the case. Is there another site I am missing. I upgraded several shotguns with vent rib barrels and I need a short Dan Wesson 357 barrel still. Has anyone found a source for this kind of thing? Shotgunner
NSSA member
past PSSA Vice President
Life member NRA
Father of 3
Hunter/ Trapper/Fisherman
Owner, Skyline Skeet & Trap
Gun nut
"Game butchery is as objectionable as any other form of wanton cruelty or barbarity; but to protest against all hunting is a sign of softness of head not soundness of heart"
Theodore Roosevelt

Offline jhm

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Where are all of the gun related item from eBay?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 01:10:18 PM »
E-Bay is a vary un friendly gun site, they have banned reloading items, most gun parts, and just about anything that will make a firearm fire, I have heard Gunbrokers has picked up alot of gun parts business since E-Bays liberal stance.   JIM

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 01:42:46 PM »
You might try Guns America, but I haven't seen the selection of used barrels.  It is unlikely that we will see a source of parts for guns like we had on eBay.  I'm curious as to how much business that has cost them.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 02:59:27 AM »
The gun related items from e-bay mostly went to Auctionarms.com, and to Gunbrokers.  I have bought a lot of items off of both sites and with one exception had good luck with all of my purchases.  The one item that did not meet my specifications was returned and I received a full refund including shipping cost.

Happy hunting...................

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 10:41:16 AM »
I used to do a lot of business on eBay, gun barrels, grips, dies, molds and gun parts. Now all that is left are stocks and grips. I thought that most of those items would end up on gunbroker or auction arms. This is not the case. Is there another site I am missing. I upgraded several shotguns with vent rib barrels and I need a short Dan Wesson 357 barrel still. Has anyone found a source for this kind of thing? Shotgunner

Ebay does have a very anti gun policy.  However, one can still bid on firearms related items that are not an integral part of actually propelling a projectile.  Ebay has removed and now against listing policy on any item that is related to actual firing.  Barrels, bullets, brass, powder, primers, and receivers are now prohibited.  I refrain from using Ebay due its firearms policy stance but stocks, dies, reloading equipment and most everything else except the prohibited items are still listed.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 11:47:41 AM »
Auctionarms.com and Gunbrokers are great for buyers.  They are the pits for sellers.  Most stuff listed goes off without a bid.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 02:40:15 PM »
I just went to ebay and did a search on Leupold.....still plenty of scopes on ebay......then did a search on rcbs......no problem with that either........
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline jhm

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 02:22:21 PM »
Scopes wont make the gun fire and RCBS sells dies and reloading equipment, try to get bullets, brass, triggers, magazines etc. etc.   JIM

Offline shotgunner

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 03:12:31 AM »
I know what is still on eBay and I know why some items were removed. Most of the items that were on eBay are not on auctionarms, Gunbroker or Gunsamerica. I was asking if there were any other sites that people are using. Thanks for the input but non of you seem to have gotten the question. Shotgunner
NSSA member
past PSSA Vice President
Life member NRA
Father of 3
Hunter/ Trapper/Fisherman
Owner, Skyline Skeet & Trap
Gun nut
"Game butchery is as objectionable as any other form of wanton cruelty or barbarity; but to protest against all hunting is a sign of softness of head not soundness of heart"
Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 05:15:10 AM »
Any time a site with a huge audience ends (or in this case refuses to accept certain type items for sale) the users normally scatter to the four winds and never again will all be together in one place again. My guess is that most are actually on the Classifieds of sites such as this but no one site will get all or even most of the former ebay traffic.

Just like when Marlin shut down their Marlin and NEF forums. We got most but certainly not all of the NEF guys here. We picked up a thousand or so of the Marlin guys at least initially and Marlin Owners got perhaps as many or more. But there were over 15,000 and to be honest I've still not figured out any one site that got any real significant share of them but rather it seems that they scattered to as many as 100 or more sites. Most likely went to some other site they were already posting on as well as there. I'm sure that's exactly what happened to the ebay sellers of stuff ebay no longer allows.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!