Author Topic: Need some help  (Read 962 times)

Offline Phoneman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Need some help
« on: October 29, 2007, 03:37:07 PM »
Hey guys I've finally decided on Where my first out of state hunt is going to be. But I need a little guidence from some of you more experienced. A black Bear hunt in Montana. Any ideas as to were to go or a good outfitter. Going to use a rifle (either 7x57 I built or a 308) and it will be just me. Not looking for anything extravagant or easy. I'm 29 and in good shape. Mostly a do it yourself type but with this being my first bear hunt I would like to do it right. Spring or Fall doesn't matter. Any help would be great.

Offline crow_feather

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Need some help
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 04:17:41 PM »
Spring brings the best hides if you get the bear early and they haven't rubbed much.  I do know after my Texas hunt that if you cruise the Internet for guides, you have to check their references, and you get what you pay for.  There does seem to be a lot more bear than usual in the Yellowstone area this year.  The Idaho Sheriff's office that I work for has had a lot more reported sightings than before.  USE CAUTION, a lot of the sightings were Griz.  If you accidentally shoot a griz, your guide will turn you in - he has to.

Also, E-mail NONYA on this site.  He lives in Montana and might be of help.
IF THE WORLD DISARMED, WE WOULD BE SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE USED BY THE AGGRESSIVE ALIENS THAT LIVE ON THE THIRD MOON OF JUPITOR.