Author Topic: Why don't they make? guns you would like to see made  (Read 9221 times)

Offline gunpilot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Why don't they make? guns you would like to see made
« on: October 30, 2007, 02:35:17 PM »
How about a "single action type western style revolver" that shoots double action and has a swing out cylinder for easy reloading?  in 45 colt?

Offline Jerry Lester

• A Real Regular
Re: Why don't they make? guns you would like to see made
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 03:40:33 PM »
Well, I wanted Ruger to bring out a Single-Six 32 magnum with adjustable sights, and in brushed stainless just like the Blackhawks, and 22/22mag Single-Sixes, but they wouldn't, so I had one made for myself. >:(

I do wish Ruger would offer a LOT more chamberings in their #1 Light Sporter, and Medium sporter. Calibers like pistol rounds, and such.

Offline jlbeebe

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 09:00:18 PM »
I would like to see new england firearms make a pistol version of thier handi rifle. This would be a more reasonably priced "contender" type handgun.

Offline Castaway

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 12:52:53 AM »
Ruger's lever action in 45 Colt to compliment their Black Hawk in the same caliber.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 02:29:53 AM »
a five shot gp100 in 44 special, or 41 mag.

if only taurus wouldnt have gone to hell.  they filled quite a few nitchs in the market; too bad there is no customer service or quality control.

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 03:59:08 AM »
I would like Ruger to offer a Blackhawk or SBH with a 5 shot .480 cylinder!  I think there would be quite a market for that one.  And I would second the NEF handgun also.  44 Man.
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 09:22:54 AM »
it would take an hour for me to list all my wishes. Thank God for the custom gun smiths.
blue lives matter

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 12:47:22 PM »
A fixed sight large frame dbl action revolver in 44 and 45 with interchangable barrels like the Dan Wesson guns.
And make fixed sight barrels in 3"-4"-5"-6" lengths.
Also make barrels with vent ribs with the rib running back over the frame with a adjustable rear sight in 4"-6"-8" lengths.
And keep the price below $600 so the working man can afford them.
AND NO INTERNAL LOCKS OR WARNINGS WROTE ALL OVER THE BARREL!!!
Maybe Remington might get back in the handgun manufacturing with this gun .

OK so maybe I'm dreaming.
But who would be interested in such a gun?

Willy

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 10:59:11 PM »
oooo I second the GP100 in 41 mag 5 shot 3, 3.5 or 4 inch barrel.  Make that with fixed sights too.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline hemiram

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 11:42:14 PM »
I want a stainless steel CZ SP-01, and an all stainless steel (including the frame) CZ P-01.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 01:52:43 AM »
I would love to see Ruger come out with one of their carbines in quick change pistol calibers, ranging from 45 acp to 30 Mauser/7.62x25mm Tokarev, and 30 Luger, and 9x23/38 Super and 10mm, and, and, and.........

I would also love to see someone besides Remington make a 30-06 semi-auto with a detachable magazine and a nice Benelli profile, and also chamber it in 8mm Mauser and 6.5 Swede.

And I also want to see penny candy come back, especially licorice twists.  Just wishful thinkin'.  Mikey.

Offline EDELWEISS

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 05:46:39 AM »
Ive got a LONG list too, but heres a few:
1. How about a Break Open in 44 spl or 45 acp with moons...and a smaller version in 38 spl.

2. I wish Charter would come out with a 44 spl with a 4 inch barrel, maybe a 45acp version too

3. I wish S&W would make square butts again atleast on the L and N frames

4. I want a 10mm revolver with a 4 or 6 in barrel.  Smith dropped the 610, now its time for Ruger to step up.

5. What ever happened to BLUE guns....somebody could atleast offer stainless with dark finishes like Birdsong or black teflon.

6. Pistol caliber carbines that dont look like a SCI FI ray  gun.

7.  I wish H&K would come back to the civilian market with rifles and carbines----bring back the SL6 and SL7.

Offline 300winman

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 07:02:05 PM »
I think a revolver carbine, kinda like the one Lee Van Cleef had in the movie "For a Few Dollars More".  I had a Dan Wesson model 15 w/ 15 inch barrel that would have been awesome w/ a rifle stock.( and of course a legal barrel length for rifle)
Another vote for a NEF single shot pistol.
Big Guns get''''r done!!!!

Offline corbanzo

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 12:59:05 AM »
Wish ruger would make the single six 17 a convertible. 

Wish the mountain lite in 17HM2 wasn't so damn expensive!

A 500 Smith with a shark break on it.  -  Just cause it would look cool.
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."

Offline Dusty Miller

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2007, 03:14:35 AM »
It'd be neat if the gun buyers of this country could just count on having a gun work as advertised right out of the box.  That'd be the biggest advance in personal firearms in the last 200 years.
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline tn_junk

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • A Real Regular
  • Look to Him
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2007, 04:11:04 AM »
Another vote for an NEF single shot pistol, preferably in 7MM-08.

alan
Common Sense Ain't Very Common

Deceased May 20, 2009.  RIP Alan we miss you.

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2007, 07:29:54 AM »
I don't think the idea of an NEF pistol would be very practical, the full size frame would make a very heavy, awkward and clunky pistol. I would like to see something like the Charter Arms bulldog produced by Ruger or someone who builds a quality gun. I'd also like to see a .45 ACP revolver in the style of the bulldogs of old, solid frame, cylinder no longer than the cartridge, fixed sights, in  stainless steel.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2007, 07:37:13 AM »
The original H&R made a Handygun at one time.

Tim

http://home.freeuk.net/4-10/mwhandygun.html
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline EDELWEISS

• Avid Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2007, 10:43:19 AM »
HEY REMINGTON..........How'bout those SxS doubles you keep promising in 30-06 and 45-70.  They are selling in Australia, why not here?  EAA was doing just fine till you bought the line out from under them.  They even managed to list a bunch of other calibers.

Offline coyotejoe

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2007, 03:50:39 AM »
Thanks Mr. Quick, I had forgotten about those. You'll notice that was in the days when they built a .410 on a .410 size frame. Today's Handis are all built on a 12 gauge frame, much larger frame and barrel diameter.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline K.K

• A Real Regular
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2007, 11:39:58 AM »
I would like to see:

1. An affordable, quality big bore double rifle (preferably from Ruger)

2. A Ruger Deerfield in .480 Ruger, 454 casull, or .460 S&W

3. A Ruger 1911 (everyone else seems to be doin' it!)

4. Colt to once again become a major force in the firearms industry. (bring back the Python, 1911, and SAA)

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2007, 11:56:05 AM »
I have to jump back in here for a request for Ruger to offer the New Vaquero in .44 spl!  I also would love to see the Single six in .17 convertable!  How about with a 'Hunter' package so scope mounting was be easy.  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2007, 11:58:48 AM »
I would like to see bolt action rifles made with iron sights.  More stainless steel for weather protection.  Also, bolt guns like Savage used to make, with interchangeable barrels, provided with removal tool and head space tool, in stainless with iron sights.  They would have Mauser action with 3 position safety so the firing pin and spring could easily be removed and replaced if necessary.  This would be kind of like a Handi bolt action rifle.  They could also make the receiver in 3 lengths for short actions, medium actions and long actions.  Maybe 2-3 bolts for magnum and non-magnum calibers, and maybe one for rimmed calibers.  Maybe even design the bolt extractor and head that could be replaced.  

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2007, 12:03:39 PM »
Another thing I would like to see is something like the Dan Wesson guns made several years ago.  Have a revolver with interchangeable cylinders for different calibers, and interchangeable barrels.  Frame like a Ruger's, strong and have maybe 2 frame sizes, one for large diameter and one for small diameter.  It would be double action with swing out cylinders.  you might could get by with one frame, just have 5 shot cylinders for large calibers, 6 shot for medium calibers and maybe even 10 shot for small calibers, and 12 shot for .22LR or magnum. 

Offline Illhunter

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2007, 12:08:28 PM »
I would like to see an nef handgun or H&R revolver in 41mag and 7.62x25 tokarav.

Offline BAGTIC

• A Real Regular
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2007, 06:09:48 PM »
How about a "single action type western style revolver" that shoots double action and has a swing out cylinder for easy reloading?  in 45 colt?

I wouldn't care if it shot double action as long as it had a swing-out cylinder and good adjustable sights.

Offline Doc T

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Contributor
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2007, 03:57:07 AM »
Re-make the Bearcat convertible, make it in stainless, and put adjustable sights on it.  Also, how about a 5-shot Single Six in 38 Special.  I also vote for the Single Six Convertible in 17 cal in the Hunter version.

Doc T

Offline Old Moss

• Avid Poster
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2007, 01:58:06 PM »
 :o  High all

What I would love to see

1.  Yep the S&W model 58 come back out -- 41 mag fixed sights 4" Bbl,  and a 3" Bbl as well Stainless too!
2.  Ruger Old model vaquero, why they stopped I do not know, 5 shooter in 44 special & 45LC 6" 5" and 4" Bbl
3.  Bisley Hunter with a 45/8" and 6" Bbl, 5 shot cylinder, 44mag, 45LC & a 32 H&R mag (six shots)
4.  S&W PLEASE stop making the 7&8 shot revolvers! I like the other direction better 5 shots is plenty
5.  Revolvers should have some weight to them stop making the aluminum / scandium stuff  ;D
6.  S&W L frames fixed and adjustable sights 6, 5, 4, 3" Bbls, stainless and blued, 32 H&R mag, 357, 44 special (5 shot),

Oh I am very sorry got on a roll  ;D

Thank-you for letting me vent and I have about another hundred or so I would love to see.  Old Moss   8)
Best regards, be safe, and keep your powder dry!
Thanks Old Moss

Offline coyotejoe

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2007, 03:33:17 AM »
I would like to see all U.S. firearms manufacturers and importers ask this very question on their own websites but apparently they would rather go broke.

Offline gstewart44

• Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2008, 09:07:17 AM »
This is an older topic but I just read it and was curious to the effectiveness of having a pistol/carbine combo in 9x23 winchester.   I am intrigued by the round as it has proven itself in competition shooting,  but the self defense aspect of it has been overlooked IMO by the vast majority of gun manufacturers.   A lot of knowledgable people have touted the virtues of this cartridge but the firearms companies have overlooked the marketing potential of this round. 

So for the topic I would like to see an M1 carbine clone in 9x23 winchester(20-30 rd mags) to go with the 1911 platform sidearm that could accompany it. I believe that would make an incredible slef defense combination.   Any thoughts?
I'm just tryin' to keep everything in balance, Woodrow. You do more work than you got to, so it's my obligation to do less. (Gus McCrae)