Author Topic: Any "Fuller" Grips for the Old Army?  (Read 778 times)

Offline Jack Crevalle

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Any "Fuller" Grips for the Old Army?
« on: October 31, 2007, 02:49:27 AM »

I bought some Ajax grips for the Old Army and while they are better than the factory grips they still don't seem to fill my hand.

Are there any grips out there that are wider? I've found some grips called excalibur but there don't seem to be any pictures except for one model.

Thanks.

Offline Old No7

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Any "Fuller" Grips for the Old Army?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 10:28:58 AM »
Jack:

I think you're in luck, but you'll just have to switch gears and start looking for "Blackhawk" grips, as it shares the same grip frame as the Old Army.

I have a set of Pachmyer rubber grips for mine, and I use them once in awhile, and they are "fuller" than the originals.  But my "best grips" is a set of striking silver/black laminate grips made by the old Lett Company (out of business now, was once a custom maker for Ruger), and they contrast well against the stainless finish on mine.

But here again, you're in luck, because with the growth in Cowboy Action Shooting, there are many custom grip makers out there today making grips for the Blackhawk.  Some makers will make "fat" or "thin" grips too.  In addition, you can check for BH grips made by Eagle, Hogue or Herrett too.

Good luck!

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment...  One cannot exist without the other."  © 2000 DTH