Author Topic: Guide Gear scope!!!  (Read 402 times)

Offline creekbear

• Trade Count: (1)
Guide Gear scope!!!
« on: November 01, 2007, 07:05:48 AM »
I have been in the market for a scope for my 300 ultra for awhile now ,and have looked at the nikon and leupold's but the prices for them have been a bit out of reach. Well my wife for some un-known reason decided to take it upon herself to fix my problem and she ordered me a Guide Gear 4-16x500 ill mil-dot reticle . She just thought the little green light was to cool go-figure. Well to satisfy her i had to mount it up and shoot it after a 2 hour argument that the ultra-mag is gonna break the cool little green light scope. To my suprise this thing has some guts to it ! I mounted it bore-sighted it then procceded to find out what it was made of, after zero-ing it started putting some serious lead down the tube. POA everytime at varying power and ranges out to 300 yrds . The windage and elevation are positive and return to zero everytime. Still playing with the mil-dot its my first one. I have put 3 boxes of 180 gr scirrocos down the tube with ZERO problems . Went in and out of the truck and house to outside temp changes not extreme but a start. Im not the type to baby my stuff but I dont mis-treat it either if I own it it has to be usable or it is gone. Anyone have any other exp with these scopes? The 300 ultra is the biggest thing I own so if it continues to hold up I will definately be getting more of these for the price,this one was $65 bucks shipped was on sale so at this point very happy with it.