Author Topic: Tibbets Dead  (Read 929 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Tibbets Dead
« on: November 01, 2007, 08:23:48 AM »
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Paul Tibbets, who piloted the B-29 bomber Enola Gay that dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima, died Thursday. He was 92 and insisted to his dying day that he had no regrets about the mission and slept just fine at night. Tibbets died at his Columbus home, said Gerry Newhouse, a longtime friend. He suffered from a variety of health problems and had been in decline for two months. Tibbets had requested no funeral and no headstone, fearing it would provide his detractors with a place to protest, Newhouse said. Tibbets' historic mission in the plane named for his mother marked the beginning of the end of World War II and eliminated the need for what military planners feared would have been an extraordinarily bloody invasion of Japan. It was the first use of a nuclear weapon in wartime.

It is a truely SAD state of affairs when a War Vet and hero cannot have a grave stone and funeral at his request because he fears some Liberal Demoncrat anti war slimeball, walking afterbirth. would use his death as a platform to protest.   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Pike

Re: Tibbets Dead
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 08:34:09 AM »
It is truly sad that he won't have a headstone as a remembrance.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 08:39:46 AM »
He like so many others will be in our hearts and minds as long as we shall live.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline PartsMan

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Proud Handi Owner
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 08:51:22 AM »
It's sad.
We should be building a monument.
It takes a strong man to do something like he did.

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 09:28:39 AM »
Real American Hero  shame we don't have more like him if we did the country would be a better place. pi$$e$ me off that the news is saying  "Paul Tibbets" not General Tibbets. but my old fashion manners  requires me to address  person with do respect.
R.I.P.General Tibbets thank you for my freedom
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 10:13:24 AM »
His monument was his feat ! he helped change history and will forever be remembered as a great AMERICAN !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 11:14:29 PM »
I agree with Shootall.
It is the memory not the monument.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 05:59:21 AM »
The point is not the memory or the monument but the fact that he did not want to give the liberal pukes a place to demonstrate. thats what irks me that a man would even have to worry about that on his death bed.  >:( >:( >:(

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 06:07:42 AM »
This man and his country did a great thing on that day, ended WW2. My father was home on leave that day, after defeating Hitler, gearing up to invade main land Japan.

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 07:02:01 AM »
Cheesehead , if your dad helped defeat Hitler , he was great also !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 02:52:57 PM »
Most all Vets are great in my book. I say most all as there are few like Kerry who do not do the rest justice. The rest I feel we owe them a great debt.

Offline Echo4Lima

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 02:33:22 PM »
He never apologized for what he "did".  He and many of his fellow veterans know those 2 bombs ended the war.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 03:39:58 PM »
  It's sad to lose a great American such as him. This man helped save the lives of hundreds of thousands of American and allied troops. It is good that he felt no shame for doing what was necessary to stop an Evil in this world. There are too many stupid people that cannot judge others as bad or evil in this world today.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Echo4Lima

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 05:52:03 PM »
Sometimes I think it "wont" not "cant"....

Offline JimP.

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 07:29:37 AM »
I also salute him and because of him my dad also didnt have to invade Japan, he was in California getting training on how to land on a beach and fight, he was in the Army learning how to use the flame thrower to clear beach obstacles and procede inland. Thank GOD the war ended before he had to invade, I might not be here today if he had. Thank you, General  Tibbets. Sincerely, JimP.

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 08:00:35 AM »
I was lucky enough to thank him personally, at a Columbus gun show a year ago. My father was at Guadalcanal,Bougainville,Piva Yoke, and a few other places that weren't to friendly at the time. May he rest in peace.  gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline fornra

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 02:44:05 PM »
  He likely helped bring me into this world also, as my father had served in France,Italy, and Germany as well and very likely would have been sent to Japan for more.
 It take a spinless puke to desecrate any solder's grave, and should carry the death penalty!

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2007, 06:07:33 AM »

It take a spinless puke to desecrate any solder's grave, and should carry the death penalty!
Yep execution before a firing squad using Red Ryder BB guns just fire until you can't do it anymore then had off to someone else
   ;D ;D ;D
Roy
I'll take the first round,we'll  just make sure a vet get the coup de grâce
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier