Author Topic: Browning T-Bolt rimfire rifle : easy to shoot left handed?  (Read 791 times)

Offline coyote trapper1928

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • North Country Outdoors
Browning T-Bolt rimfire rifle : easy to shoot left handed?
« on: November 04, 2007, 12:46:04 AM »
Would the Browning T-bolt rimfire rifle be easy to shoot left handed?    The bolt is on the right hand side, but it is a straight pull bolt.  For some reason, I am thinking that a straight pull bolt action rifle would be easier to use for a lefty  than a regular right hand bolt action rifle.

coyote trapper1928

Offline superdown

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Browning T-Bolt rimfire rifle : easy to shoot left handed?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 05:54:26 AM »
I would think if you were shooting from a rested position it would be the same idea as the left handed bolt on the new Savage varmint rifles with right handed ejection because when rested you don't have to change shooting position at all but its a different story if your out in the woods hunting i think you would want it to be left handed  . In addition i actually prefer a right handed pump shotgun when i am on the skeet/trap range easier and faster to load . , Justin

Offline shooter2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
  • To err is Human, to ARR is Pirate.
Re: Browning T-Bolt rimfire rifle : easy to shoot left handed?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 05:14:13 PM »
Coyote Trapper I actually own and use a LEFT HANDED T bolt.  Naturally I find that easiest to use.  When I loan it to my right handed children they seem to have a few problems but adapt soon enough.  It should work as well the other way.  Why not just go and find a left handed T bolt?
Shooter 2
We are the Guns and your masters!
Saw ye our flashes?
Heard ye the scream of our shells in the night, and the shuddering crashes?

'The Voice of the Guns'
Captain Gilbert Frankau Royal Artillery 1916